• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Squad

I like your logic as the signings

Lacazette would be gettable and he will be off this summer

I really want sessegnon though as he is similar to rose whilst still needing to learn

I don't think they are unrealistic, its their contract situation that makes them gettable for us but we will have strong competition if we want those three players, especially the two big ones. Having said that, the project on offer to a potential signing has to be attractive with the ground, training complex, being in London etc. I think if we qualify for the CL again for a first time consecutively then it does send a statement to potential signings that we are serious players in this top 6 despite not quite having the resources that others have.

With those 3 signings I think you immediately enhance the first 11, never mind just the squad and you put pressure and competition into two areas of the team where currently we don't have any - On Eriksen and Kane. That to my mind can only be a good thing, especially if the two players coming in are Isco and Lacazette who are proven top level quality in European football terms.

I don't think they are unrealistic, its their contract situation that makes them gettable for us but we will have strong competition if we want those three players, especially the two big ones. Having said that, the project on offer to a potential signing has to be attractive with the ground, training complex, being in London etc. I think if we qualify for the CL again for a first time consecutively then it does send a statement to potential signings that we are serious players in this top 6 despite not quite having the resources that others have.

With those 3 signings I think you immediately enhance the first 11, never mind just the squad and you put pressure and competition into two areas of the team where currently we don't have any - On Eriksen and Kane. That to my mind can only be a good thing, especially if the two players coming in are Isco and Lacazette who are proven top level quality in European football terms.

I agree
Isco will be harder to get as his reputation is high
Lacazette for me has everything needed for this league

If we could offload sissoko and maybe lamellla if he is still alive and can't play here for whatever reason it gives us scope

I agree
Isco will be harder to get as his reputation is high
Lacazette for me has everything needed for this league

If we could offload sissoko and maybe lamellla if he is still alive and can't play here for whatever reason it gives us scope

I actually don't think we need rid of those unless someone comes in with an offer that really makes sense. I think we need the depth going forward tbh. If we sell Lamela and Sissoko then we have to go out and replace them as well when we are already short imo, hence the panic buying of Sissoko on Aug 31st.

I actually don't think we need rid of those unless someone comes in with an offer that really makes sense. I think we need the depth going forward tbh. If we sell Lamela and Sissoko then we have to go out and replace them as well when we are already short imo, hence the panic buying of Sissoko on Aug 31st.

Well lamella seems to be invisible now and we're doing ok (I like him and I'm happy for him to remain but WTF is going in with Jim)

Sissoko has the control of a man wearing flippers and just doesn't seem to have the drive needed so if we can get decent money for him there are a lot of upgrades we could get

I would totally agree with buying Sessegnon but I don't see the need for a Midfielder centrally unless they are going to vastly improve what we have. Dier and Winks are both already there along with Dembele and Wanyama.

For me, we need to buy an adaptable forward who is going to be sufficient quality that he isn't coming just to be a back up to Kane but a player that can take his place or play with him. I think buying Janssen is all well and good and he may yet work out to a degree but we see the drop off in quality when Kane doesn't play. I personally would go for Lacazette, even it meant due to funds that he was the only player we signed. He is the right age and profile, he has scored over 20 goals every season including this one since 2013/14 and has shown his consistency in a broad manner. He can also be utilised in the wide right forward role meaning we aren't so unbalanced on that side as opposed to the left hand side in depth.

If there was anyway in which we could afford it and I don't know if it would be feasible but signing Lacazette and Isco would give us two genuinely top class players who would be gettable at better prices than normal given the fact they have 2 years and 1 year left on their contracts. I think they could be signed for under or around £50m combined. We have around £16m coming in from the Bentaleb deal, Fazio is going for around £4m and I would probably sell Davies too to make a bit of space if we were buying Sessegnon. That should bring in around £30m overall which obviously helps when it comes to future purchases.

Sell: Bentaleb, Fazio, Davies

Buy: Isco, Lacazette and Sessegnon

Loan: Onomah, N'Koudou/N'jie (keep one for the squad)

Dier is needed as part of the back 3 and that shouldn't be disrupted if Wanyama is injured but I suppose for a limited period it would work putting Dier in DM and slotting in Wimmer or CCV. But that means there is all the more reason to keep Davies as another centre back option.

Lacazette is a nice thought but thinking about it practically I don't think it would work. Kane should be and needs to be playing most of the time. We risk stifling his development imo if we do otherwise and Lacazette isn't going to be willing to play second fiddle. Also I don't see the need for the wide right player anymore as it's clear we need to be playing the wing backs system.

I believe we should give Janssen time. He is still young and in his first season. He is the number 1 Dutch striker and is prepared to play back up to Kane it seems. As I've said before, once he stops running around like a raving lunatic and focuses on the penalty box I'm sure will result in lots of goals.

Someone else said selling Sissoko leaves us short but I don't think so. In the wingbacks system we have two central attacking midfielders supporting the striker and they are Dele and Eriksen, whilst Son and Lamela can deputise where needed.

If Lamela also goes then certainly yes to Isco but sadly I think we will be out bid on that one, probably by the clams from SB.

Dier is needed as part of the back 3 and that shouldn't be disrupted if Wanyama is injured but I suppose for a limited period it would work putting Dier in DM and slotting in Wimmer or CCV. But that means there is all the more reason to keep Davies as another centre back option.

Lacazette is a nice thought but thinking about it practically I don't think it would work. Kane should be and needs to be playing most of the time. We risk stifling his development imo if we do otherwise and Lacazette isn't going to be willing to play second fiddle. Also I don't see the need for the wide right player anymore as it's clear we need to be playing the wing backs system.

I believe we should give Janssen time. He is still young and in his first season. He is the number 1 Dutch striker and is prepared to play back up to Kane it seems. As I've said before, once he stops running around like a raving lunatic and focuses on the penalty box I'm sure will result in lots of goals.

Someone else said selling Sissoko leaves us short but I don't think so. In the wingbacks system we have two central attacking midfielders supporting the striker and they are Dele and Eriksen, whilst Son and Lamela can deputise where needed.

If Lamela also goes then certainly yes to Isco but sadly I think we will be out bid on that one, probably by the clams from SB.

Don't disagree on giving Janssen time at all, I see no sense in selling him off after one season when he hasn't settled properly into the squad as yet but totally disagree on the Lacazette argument. The Janssen situation to me proves that we need sufficient quality to push Harry Kane and signing a quality forward to me cannot stifle his particular development. He has the ability to drop off and play behind the forward, especially if they are a pacy, direct option and if nothing else it would enhance his overall skillset and keep him on his toes. When we lost Kane earlier this season it coincided with a run where we won 1 in 10 or something like that, we need the depth and he needs to be pushed.

It is all about options. Whilst recently we have played with two centrally behind the forward, we have also played for large periods of time 4-2-3-1 as well and with someone like Lacazette we could play a 3-5-2 very comfortably with Kane playing alongside someone and being able to drop off as well.

I don't see Isco as competition or a replacement for Lamela, two completely different types of player with different demands placed on them wherever they would play in our current systems. Isco would be immediate competition for Eriksen and would also give us depth with real proven quality in that area behind the forward. Can't say for certain that Chelsea wouldn't bid for him but I would find it incredibly unlikely considering they have enough problems accommodating Fabregas in their 3-4-3 system which requires pacy wide players supporting the forward and 2 solid DM types in the 4 which doesn't fit with a bid for Isco.

I'm not against selling Sissoko if it makes sense financially but we would need to be getting our money back or I see it as a waste of time. He has enough pedigree in the PL to be worthy of a place within our squad, even if he hasn't shown it generally this season owing to various factors.

Don't disagree on giving Janssen time at all, I see no sense in selling him off after one season when he hasn't settled properly into the squad as yet but totally disagree on the Lacazette argument. The Janssen situation to me proves that we need sufficient quality to push Harry Kane and signing a quality forward to me cannot stifle his particular development. He has the ability to drop off and play behind the forward, especially if they are a pacy, direct option and if nothing else it would enhance his overall skillset and keep him on his toes. When we lost Kane earlier this season it coincided with a run where we won 1 in 10 or something like that, we need the depth and he needs to be pushed.

It is all about options. Whilst recently we have played with two centrally behind the forward, we have also played for large periods of time 4-2-3-1 as well and with someone like Lacazette we could play a 3-5-2 very comfortably with Kane playing alongside someone and being able to drop off as well.

I don't see Isco as competition or a replacement for Lamela, two completely different types of player with different demands placed on them wherever they would play in our current systems. Isco would be immediate competition for Eriksen and would also give us depth with real proven quality in that area behind the forward. Can't say for certain that Chelsea wouldn't bid for him but I would find it incredibly unlikely considering they have enough problems accommodating Fabregas in their 3-4-3 system which requires pacy wide players supporting the forward and 2 solid DM types in the 4 which doesn't fit with a bid for Isco.

I'm not against selling Sissoko if it makes sense financially but we would need to be getting our money back or I see it as a waste of time. He has enough pedigree in the PL to be worthy of a place within our squad, even if he hasn't shown it generally this season owing to various factors.

I personally can't see us getting an Isco or a lacazette.

Sounds like this years moutinho etc, they never seem to happen.

Particularly when we're in the midst of building the stadium. These sound like the type of buys I'd expect us to make in 3 or 4 years once our turnover and wage ceiling goes up considerably.

I think it more likely the small tweaks to the squad I mentioned.

My squad for next season:

Lloris, Vorm

Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Dier, Wimmer, Carter-Vickers, Davies

Rose, Walker, Trippier

Wanyama, Dembele, Winks

Dele, Eriksen, Son, Lamela

Kane, Janssen

Sell: N'Jie, Sissoko
Loan: N'koudou, Onomah
Buy: Sessegnon and a new young defensive midfielder.

It's AM that needs improving.

Ditch Sissoko and buy one of the Monaco AMs (Bernardo Silva or Thomas Lema)

I'll just add that he is banging in goals but in a league that's worse than the Dutch league that Jansenn banged them in, in!!!

And he will cost £30m upwards now for a player who will be a reserve
Even knowing all that I'd still take the gamble.

We need some more pace in our team. The only two players that genuinely can beat a man with pace are Rose and Walker. Dembele can obviously beat a man, Son and Dele can use some skill but in the final third we struggle to beat a man 1v1.
Too many times Eriksen is eased off the ball or forced wide as he's often in a space that requires a quick break or 1v1 situation. Kane can't really stretch a defence either. I'm not saying we should replace them as we're lucky to have them, but someone with pace in one of the front 4 positions would create much more space for the others and hopeful give us some more attacking opportunities.

I personally can't see us getting an Isco or a lacazette.

Sounds like this years moutinho etc, they never seem to happen.

Particularly when we're in the midst of building the stadium. These sound like the type of buys I'd expect us to make in 3 or 4 years once our turnover and wage ceiling goes up considerably.

I think it more likely the small tweaks to the squad I mentioned.

We spent £47m on Sissoko and Janssen this summer with all the building work in flux. I think with the money coming in from those players I mentioned in Bentaleb and Fazio being £20m on its own plus any other sales, we could quite easily afford those two players. Whether it happens or not is another matter but their respective contract situations make them gettable for us in this window and is perhaps why they weren't gettable for us before.

I think we need game-changers, pace and goals.
1. Goal scorer, who may be happy to come off bench and be Premier proven. Suggestion: Chicharito. Probably available.
2. AM player to compete with and provide an alternative to Eriksen. Isco, Bernardo Silva etc would be good but probably not in our price range. Barkley possible but Everton will probably keep him. Suggestion: Siggi. Goals, top pro and could complement Eriksen as he is more versatile.
3. Wide, goal maker scorer. Pace required but football brain and technique higher priority. Two footed winger able to play conventionally or as Poch's inverted winger: Carrasco probably too expensive, Mirallas hot and cold. Suggestion: Arnatovic. Goals, set plays and underrated.
4. LWB, to cover for Rose. Suggestion: a bit obvious is Sessegnon.

I think these are realistic options, of course, if we can get higher rated players all well and good but they may cause disruption if not selected regularly. Then it is a matter of merit, if they play well, they keep their place, no favourites.

We spent £47m on Sissoko and Janssen this summer with all the building work in flux. I think with the money coming in from those players I mentioned in Bentaleb and Fazio being £20m on its own plus any other sales, we could quite easily afford those two players. Whether it happens or not is another matter but their respective contract situations make them gettable for us in this window and is perhaps why they weren't gettable for us before.

They came with little top level competition for their signatures, on relatively lower wages and the £47m is massively inflated by spending £30m on a £6m player.

The two you mentioned will cost more, want massive wages and there will be many a top club also interested.

We always seem to make loads on selling players and then people think 'oh now we've got this to spend and that to spend'. Sadly it doesn't seem to work like that at Spurs and I gave up thinking that way around 10 years ago.

Would love it don't get me wrong but we're still a few years from doing such deals imo.

Last edited:
If we could play this XI in every league game this season, I think we'd be top:

------------lloris
------dier----toby----vert
walker---wanyama---dembele--rose
---------eriksen----dele
-------------kane

I know, I know, everyone gets injuries. Except that Chelsea, with no European football, have had hardly any injuries and have been able to field their best XI in nearly all of their league games (once Conte changed to a back 3). I am convinced that our first XI is the best in the division.

If we could play this XI in every league game this season, I think we'd be top:

------------lloris
------dier----toby----vert
walker---wanyama---dembele--rose
---------eriksen----dele
-------------kane

I know, I know, everyone gets injuries. Except that Chelsea, with no European football, have had hardly any injuries and have been able to field their best XI in nearly all of their league games (once Conte changed to a back 3). I am convinced that our first XI is the best in the division.

Well we showed that when we beat them

I'd argue our squad is very strong too otherwise we would not be second

Well we showed that when we beat them

I'd argue our squad is very strong too otherwise we would not be second

Our squad is decent, we need one or two more high quality squad players though, imo.

I think Lamela and Son are very good squad players, competing with Dele and Eriksen for the two spots behind Kane. Son can also backup Kane up top, but we could do with a productive striker as Kane's backup. We've been unlucky with Lamela being out.

Trippier is an excellent backup wing-back for Walker (wing-back suits him more than full-back imo, get the most out of his attacking play). Not too sure about Davies on the other side, if we want a wing-back we might need a different player to Davies.

I reckon we need another good quality defensive midfielder to backup Wanyama -- this allows Dier to actually get some games off and stay in the back 3 in Wanyama's absence from the team.

We probably also need another good centre-half. If Dier-Toby-Vert is the first choice 3, then our backups are only CCV (a kid) and Wimmer (someone who has now had as many poor games as good ones for us).

Our summer buys have really contributed nothing to our season, they have been crap. Hopefully we can fix that this summer. *EDIT* I forgot about Wanyama being bought in the summer, he's been fantastic. I meant Sissoko, N'Koudou and Janssen.

Last edited:
Our squad is decent, we need one or two more high quality squad players though, imo.

I think Lamela and Son are very good squad players, competing with Dele and Eriksen for the two spots behind Kane. Son can also backup Kane up top, but we could do with a productive striker as Kane's backup. We've been unlucky with Lamela being out.

Trippier is an excellent backup wing-back for Walker (wing-back suits him more than full-back imo, get the most out of his attacking play). Not too sure about Davies on the other side, if we want a wing-back we might need a different player to Davies.

I reckon we need another good quality defensive midfielder to backup Wanyama -- this allows Dier to actually get some games off and stay in the back 3 in Wanyama's absence from the team.

We probably also need another good centre-half. If Dier-Toby-Vert is the first choice 3, then our backups are only CCV (a kid) and Wimmer (someone who has now had as many poor games as good ones for us).

Our summer buys have really contributed nothing to our season, they have been crap. Hopefully we can fix that this summer.

Your forgetting that wanyama was a summer buy too

I agree about Davies needing to be replaced if we want to improve the squad as he lacks the pace of rose and although he is a good player we lose that dynamic with him in the team. Trippier actually offers a very different one to walker which is why he would stay for me

Centre back wise we have CCV of course and wimmer. Wimmer for me is being made a scape goat for some results the same as Dier which I don't get. I don't expect him to come in ad hoc and perform at the same level as the team as players don't do that. Also in the crappy cup games he has played in a randomly thrown together side

Sissoko hasn't changed the squad with any benefit so he needs to shape up quickly. NKodou seems to be underused for me but that's just my opinion

Jansenn will be fine once we let him get back to playing in the box rather than this random hold up play which certianly wasn't why we brought him (he never played like that last year)

But when you compare our squad with someone like Chelsea it stacks up IMO. What they have has is zero key injuries and it shows. Hell Moses looks a player now and alonso who looked poor against us very time he played for Bolton, Sunderland and fiorientina looks a much better player in this defensive system they play so it shows you can make a poor player suit a system

Lamella is a weird one for us as he has disappeared with no real info

Davies and Sissoko out.

Pacy LB and an actual footballer that can play in an attacking position in.

Back