• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

Now that was a race.

The German eight were excellent and deserved their win. The British changed the tactics a bit with the fast start and challenged the Germans. They could have had silver but gambled on going for gold. A disappointing finish but a bold race.

P.S. On the Phelps thing. He clearly lost it by being inbetween strokes at the end. I thought he was fair in that he pointed out he won one (a relay?) last time when his opponent mistimed the end. On balance I suspect he take it this way, getting the gold when he was chasing eight and missing out now while he's just finishing off his collection.

Last edited:
Eight badminton players at the London Olympics have been disqualified after being charged with trying to throw their matches, according to reports.

The extraordinary move follows farcical scenes that led to competitors being booed by the crowd and threatened with disqualification by the referee. All four pairs of female doubles players had already qualified for the next round and appeared to be trying to manipulate which team they would have to face in the quarter-finals.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/01/london-2012-badminton-disqualified-olympics

seeing the Britons on here and on my twitter being so happy about winning a gold is adorable. keep it up guys you just might equal Michael Phelps individual haul if everything goes right for you. big dreams.

Phillips Idowu gone missing now, officially.....the guy is abit of a tool

Not to put a negative spin on the Olympics but I am going to Bismarck Farah, Ennis, Hoy, Greene, Idowu from winning gold, just dont think any of them will win to be honest

Phillips Idowu gone missing now, officially.....the guy is abit of a tool

Not to put a negative spin on the Olympics but I am going to Bismarck Farah, Ennis, Hoy, Greene, Idowu from winning gold, just dont think any of them will win to be honest

Idowu is probably busy getting his end away 24/7 in the Olympic village.

Eight badminton players at the London Olympics have been disqualified after being charged with trying to throw their matches, according to reports.

The extraordinary move follows farcical scenes that led to competitors being booed by the crowd and threatened with disqualification by the referee. All four pairs of female doubles players had already qualified for the next round and appeared to be trying to manipulate which team they would have to face in the quarter-finals.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/01/london-2012-badminton-disqualified-olympics

Good, saw highlights of it, seemed ridiculous. Hope they refund tickets

Back