• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

It certainly beats basketball and the pace and power involved in the men's game is immense. There's also a lot of technique required for shooting. In the women's game almost every goal it looks like their feet are touching the ground inside the area before the ball is released.

I really think I could get in to Volleyball post-olympics, great sport to watch

My favourite sport so far (that I've never really watched much), and that goes for both forms. I think I actually slightly prefer the Indoor as a sporting spectacle, but beach has it's obvious pros.

[-X basketball is the most exciting sport! Games almost always come down to the wire and the feeling when someone hits a buzzer-beater for the win is unbelievable

That's what makes basketball uninteresting for me. You only need to watch the last few minutes.

[-X basketball is the most exciting sport! Games almost always come down to the wire and the feeling when someone hits a buzzer-beater for the win is unbelievable

I'm really not a fan of basketball, never have been, used to watch and play it when I was younger, still don't like it now. It bores me silly.

I dislike Basketball although I did watch Basketball - New york Knicks at MSG - was a great experience.

That's what makes basketball uninteresting for me. You only need to watch the last few minutes.

You're not wrong that you can just watch the 4th quarter, but since it's a game of runs the emotions I go through watching a full game is unbelievable. You might be 10 points down, despairing that it's all going wrong, then a big run and you're 3 points up and it feels incredible.

They thing I don't like about Basketball is scoring is routine. One team scores, then the other gets the ball and they score. Then the same again and again. The big incidents are when someone misses.

5051209417_c62528c29e_z.jpg

Another female weightlifter from Kazakhstan breaking records.

Love watching diving for women. A lot of the coverage is just the contestants prancing about in bathing suits, waiting for their turn.

All you can do is laugh, what a pathetic error from Phelps

How can it be deemed an 'error' when Le Clos made up half a body length in the last 40-50 metres on arguably the greatest swimmer (and possibly Olympian) of all time?

Extremely unfair on both swimmers

Phelps lost a gold medal due this last stroke being too long. Le Clos beat him by 5 one hundreds of a second.

No - he lost the gold medal because Le Clos finished ahead of him and was faster in the final stretch

How can it be deemed an 'error' when Le Clos made up half a body length in the last 40-50 metres on arguably the greatest swimmer (and possibly Olympian) of all time?

Extremely unfair on both swimmers

No - he lost the gold medal because Le Clos finished ahead of him and was faster in the final stretch

Phelps was ahead until the last metre. Le Clos passed him as he was just gliding in.

Indeed - he was faster than him in the end, Phelps was tiring - how is that 'error' on the American?

What irks me here is the insinuation Phelps lost because of some bad luck flimflam, instead of admitting he wasn't fast enough on that day - he swam as best as he could but there was someone better next to him (at that particular time, of course). Typical selective journalism taking away from the achievement of the underdog in favour of the media darling crowd favourite. He made up half a body length on him in 40-odd metres! Is that also an error on Phelps? Please

Last edited:
Back