• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

24 channels in HD toss? What more do you want? Lol

I got sucked in by the hype when people started saying we should be looking at 20+ gold medals. Perhaps we just overperformed at Beijing! We still have the likes of Chris Hoy, Wiggins, the rowing and Addlington in the 800m tonight in which she is one of the favourites, she wasn't expected to get gold the other night. I figured we might get more golds this time purely because the judging in certain events is a little subjective/biased towards the host nation.

AzINkN-CEAA4mCR.jpg

Loving the text beneath the picture.

Yeah why not.

Id even do the weight lifters - fudge it. Im all for equal opportunities etc

You should become an Olympic athlete. Apparently there's a lot of "action" in the Olympic village. Rio in 4 years.

The emotion shown on there faces is what the Olympics is all about, brilliant!

Tsonga just beat some Canadian in the longest Tennis match in Olympic history too!

Some basketball tickets just popped up 2 minutes ago for Thursday if anyone interested. Some at the B price of £65

Yes, I'm sitting here with it on auto-refresh to try and grab some tickets. I won't be able to make it on such short notice however

Just to add. I'm not saying it's all doom and gloom. I know we still have loads of medal chances to come.

It was just today that was depressing in the office when every time I checked what was happening it was.. fencer gets knocked out, judo player knocked out, divers miss out on medal, every single bloody swimmer went out in the heats, sailing under-performing, weightlifter comes last, volleyball team loses, handball team loses, archery team all out, shooters lose etc

The only pluses I noticed all day (other than the silver for the Equestrian) was some good heats/semi's for the rowers and Andy Murray winning his 2nd round, hopefully our rowers will bag a hatful when the finals start.

I wish we were a slightly higher standard that there was always at least something to cheer. Not like the US or China but just a bit more competitive all round.

Note: I realise this sounds ungrateful and I could have been born in the Cayman Islands or somewhere!

(No offence to anyone from the Cayman Islands)

You should become an Olympic athlete. Apparently there's a lot of "action" in the Olympic village. Rio in 4 years.

not sure what I could compete in. Maybe shooting? doesnt require too much exertion. Archery?

Wow Rio. So Brazil have the Olympics and the World Cup.

That's not really news mate O:)

I didnt realise they had the olympics.

I wanna go to the World Cup tho. Havent been to Brazil since 2008 - been twice. Would love to go again.

Anyways - why the hell do swimmers not have tits. I mean theyre my perfect women - tall, athletic etc just no tits.

Phelps lost a gold medal due this last stroke being too long. Le Clos beat him by 5 one hundreds of a second.

Yeah Phelps just glided.

Then again sometimes its the luck of the stroke if that makes any sense. It kinda depends when your last stroke is which will allow you to touch it. I dont think Phelps had much time or space to take ANOTHER stroke. which meant he had to glide in.

Back