• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official Olympic Thread

To be fair Martin got a puncture in both Time Trials. Still fancy Wiggins but I might put a bit on Martin

Martin was well off the pace in the time trial before the puncture due to his fractured scaphoid bone in his wrist. He looked good on saturday doing some big turns on the front in the Road Race before dropping out with 50km to go. Britain should seriously be looking at Froome to pick up a bronze too.

Martin was well off the pace in the time trial before the puncture due to his fractured scaphoid bone in his wrist. He looked good on saturday doing some big turns on the front in the Road Race before dropping out with 50km to go. Britain should seriously be looking at Froome to pick up a bronze too.
Froome is 11/5 to finish in the top three, I'm tempted to put some money on it

Im gutted, on Sunday there were Team GB tickets for £40, I thought I had time so text my mate to see if he wanted to go, when I went back 5 minutes later they were gone.
What day was the game mate? The next day? I'm just gonna get four if I find some. I have two people to go with me and can easily find another

Brazilian volleyball players - only oen of them is hot - the chunkier of the two. Fairly nice breasts

Holy brick

Serious emotions at the Judo

A Brit just went out by Ippon inside 2 minutes.

Was complimentary to his opponent (who he should've beaten).....said it was a beautiful bit of Judo

Then said "I've let myself down, I've let my coaches down, let my mum and my brother down"

"Been working to this for 25 years and its all over. My Olympics are over. I won't be at Rio" (he'll be too old probably)

Interviewer asks if there are any positives he can take from the experience..........

"No. Absolutely none."

Then started crying

Heavy stuff

Is this the worst performing day for Britain in Olympic history. Aside from the Silver in the Equestrian it's been a day where all of the decent prospects have under-performed or underdogs getting knocked out easily. The only slightly decent results have all been in heats.

I've been trying to follow all day at work on the BBC live feed but it's getting a bit depressing now!

Anyone in town fancy a pint PM me. Git time to kill until beach volleyball. Just on long acre. It's fudging dead in town. Mental in Stratford.

Is this the worst performing day for Britain in Olympic history. Aside from the Silver in the Equestrian it's been a day where all of the decent prospects have under-performed or underdogs getting knocked out easily. The only slightly decent results have all been in heats.

I've been trying to follow all day at work on the BBC live feed but it's getting a bit depressing now!

Swimmers? Rowers are all still in? Murray has a real chance of a gold and won. You're listening to the BBC too much mate. Bunch of ****s

Anyone in town fancy a pint PM me. Git time to kill until beach volleyball. Just on long acre. It's fudging dead in town. Mental in Stratford.

I'd love to see that, atmosphere looks great. Shame your missing the dutch team, they are nice :)

A bad day? We've had worse weeks in the past.

One thing is clear is that we haven't seen a glut of unexpected medals lifted by the home crowd. So far the results have been a bit disappointing: Cavendish didn't get gold but the road race never has dead-cert favourites, we only got silver in the woman's race (compared to gold last time) but Vos was favourite, Addlington got bronze instead of gold this time (but wasn't expected to repeat in the 400m), the horsie people didn't get gold but the German's were hot favourites. The men's gymnastics team medal was a great achievement, but even that seemed to be tainted by being down-graded on appeal. Ainslie seems to be struggling for gold but its not over yet.

However, our strong medal opportunities are still to come. Wiggins in the time-trial and the track cycling team will get a bundle of medals, several of our top boats in the rowing are looking very strong, the sailing has yet to finish. We could get a dozen gold medals in those sports. Add in Addlington in the 800m, the girl in the open water race, both triathlons and a sprinkling of athletics events (Ennis, Farah, Greene) and we should start seeing the medal count rise. I suspect we'll get more in total, but beating the gold total will be tough unless all the cyclists meet expectations.

And then, of course, we are all counting on Stuart to deliver in the football!

A bad day? We've had worse weeks in the past.

One thing is clear is that we haven't seen a glut of unexpected medals lifted by the home crowd. So far the results have been a bit disappointing: Cavendish didn't get gold but the road race never has dead-cert favourites, we only got silver in the woman's race (compared to gold last time) but Vos was favourite, Addlington got bronze instead of gold this time (but wasn't expected to repeat in the 400m), the horsie people didn't get gold but the German's were hot favourites. The men's gymnastics team medal was a great achievement, but even that seemed to be tainted by being down-graded on appeal. Ainslie seems to be struggling for gold but its not over yet.

However, our strong medal opportunities are still to come. Wiggins in the time-trial and the track cycling team will get a bundle of medals, several of our top boats in the rowing are looking very strong, the sailing has yet to finish. We could get a dozen gold medals in those sports. Add in Addlington in the 800m, the girl in the open water race, both triathlons and a sprinkling of athletics events (Ennis, Farah, Greene) and we should start seeing the medal count rise. I suspect we'll get more in total, but beating the gold total will be tough unless all the cyclists meet expectations.

And then, of course, we are all counting on Stuart to deliver in the football!

Well said. The BBC coverage is toss!!

Back