• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Fun fact: Giovanni Trapattoni has only lost 2 out of 27 of his competitive matches as Ireland manager.

I actually think he would have done a very boring but very successful job for England.

article-2156191-137FE92E000005DC-409_636x435.jpg

The Dutch have complained of racist chanting during their training session and have threatened to walk off the pitch if it happens during their matches.
UEFA have allegedly passed the buck to the refs to decide whether racism has occurred and whether to allow any walkout.

And so it begins . . . .

Van Bommel disgusted by abuse

Holland captain vows to take matter to UEFA

Last Updated: June 8, 2012 7:51am

The Oranje players were allegedly targeted by Polish fans as they began their practice session at the Stadion Miejski on Thursday night, with the black members of the squad reportedly subjected to monkey chants.

Van Bommel, who along with his team-mates visited Nazi concentration camp Auschwitz earlier in the day, responded by leading the Dutch squad to the far side of the pitch, before hitting out at the perpetrators and vowing to take the matter to UEFA.

Quoted in several newspapers, the PSV Eindhoven midfielder said: "It is a real disgrace, especially after getting back from Auschwitz, that you are confronted with this.

"We will take it up with UEFA and if it happens at a match we will talk to the referee and ask him to take us off the field."

He added: "You need to open your ears. If you did hear it, and don't want to hear it, that is even worse."

Instructed

Bert van Marwijk's side begin their Euro 2012 Group B campaign against Denmark on Saturday.

The issue of racism has been a hot topic in the build-up to the tournament, with UEFA president Michel Platini confirming that referees have been instructed to call a halt to matches at this summer's tournament if a player is racially taunted.

Yet the Frenchman also warned any player who left the field unilaterally in protest over abuse from the stands would be yellow carded.

Italy and Emirates Marketing Project striker Mario Balotelli had earlier said he intended to do exactly that if he found himself being racially abused.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12021/7800110/Van-Bommel-disgusted-by-abuse

Here's my side:

View attachment 677

Not so keen on Jelavic up front (but he was cheap) but hoping Affelay becomes a secret weapon for the Netherlands and also that Gomez plays better than against the chavs.

Euro's is better than the World Cup in my opinion, always excited for it!

Disagree. Euro will never come anywhere close to World Cup when it comes to excitement. But when it comes to teams capable of winnning it, I think Euro have more of them since it is always unpredictable. Minor teams like Denmark and Greece who have won the Euro can never even dream about winning the WC. But in the WC, it has always been traditional powerhouses like Brazil, Germany and Italy capable of winning it. Maybe this is where WC have become boring in recent years.

Top 25 Rankings as of 6 June 2012

Rank Change Team Points
1 Spain 1456
2 Uruguay 1292
3 Germany 1288
4 Netherlands 1234
5 Brazil 1155
6 England 1145
7 Argentina 1137
8 Croatia 1053
9 Denmark 1019
10 Portugal 996
11 Chile 994
12 Italy 977
13 Russia 975
14 France 964
15 Greece 953
16 C??te d'Ivoire 943
17 Sweden 910
18 Republic of Ireland 907
19 Mexico 889
20 Colombia 880

Why on Earth are England rated so high...?

Is Torres bloody starting for Spain or what?

the manager seems to prefer Negredo ahead of Llorente and Torres. Thats what Graham Hunter ( a journo based in Spain) said this morning

Ok what yous think of this. (Has to be in by 2pm today). It costs the limit of what you're allowed (?ú50m, sun dream team). anyone think of any changes i could make?

.............................Neur ?ú4.5m......*........................
*debuchy3M.....chiellini4M…rami4M.........HUMMELS 4.5

*Dzagpoev3.5...................Iniesta6.5…………….....Ozil6.5

*..................Benzema6…..NEGREDO 4.5…….LEWANDSKI 3.5.......*...................

The issue of racism has been a hot topic in the build-up to the tournament, with UEFA president Michel Platini confirming that referees have been instructed to call a halt to matches at this summer's tournament if a player is racially taunted.

Yet the Frenchman also warned any player who left the field unilaterally in protest over abuse from the stands would be yellow carded.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12021/7800110/Van-Bommel-disgusted-by-abuse

I find this a shocking statement by Platini if accurate.

Suggesting that a player should be punished if they decide to leave the field of play due to the abuse is in my opinion abhorrent. How is that going to work? Fans taunt player with abuse, players has enough and walks off the pitch, referee follows players off the pitch and yellow cards him, racist fans cheer this result. Win for them. What a joke. I hope i dont see it.

the manager seems to prefer Negredo ahead of Llorente and Torres. Thats what Graham Hunter ( a journo based in Spain) said this morning

Oh ok in that case im sticking with my initial team. I just think Torres will be top scorer. I think Torres will come on and score as a sub which will ensure he starts and from then on the Euros is his oyster.

URGENT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

where can i find the stats for international teams ..assist and goals and clean sheet and tackels etc

plus

Where can i get my hand on the various team sheets to know who will most likely play in the starting 11

cheers fellow spurs brothers..time is running out

Wow you guys are proper into this. I mean a stranger walking by would think there is prize money involved.

Back