• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2016/17 Premier League Thread

It's at Anfield so expect Arsenal not to turn up and Liverpool to suddenly raise their game.

I think Liverpool will win. Arsenal will adopt the same style as us, as I dont think will do a a 'Plymouth/Hull' which will suit Liverpool, plus as you say, they will be 'up for it' in front of the best crowd in the world

If we win and they lose we could be 7 clear of Liverpool, 3 wins better results than us, then they have city - a bad result in that will cut them adrift

Cut one team off at a time

Hmm, fair enough; looking at Arsenal's fixtures though wouldn't you say the same for them?

Hmm, fair enough; looking at Arsenal's fixtures though wouldn't you say the same for them?

True, but if there tough run to come this is a better time for pool to drop points?

We also still have to play Arsenal, so we can affect the points they can collect in the run in.

I mean it doesn't really matter if we do our job, the top 4 is in our hands - as long as we don't choke.

Pool failing is more important (rivalries aside) than the Scum.

- It will then be 7 out of last 8 seasons where they haven't made CL
- It will confirm there is no magic return to top 4 for them on the cards

@Legohamster hinted, we need to cut one team out at a time.

I'd also argue it would benefit us more long term for the two teams that miss out on CL to be Pool & Manure over Scum & City

I'd also argue it would benefit us more long term for the two teams that miss out on CL to be Pool & Manure over Scum & City

Add some pool fans are already getting impatient with Klopp....

'Pool do well against big sides - I expect them to bag six out of six against Arsenal and City. Conversely, I can see them dropping two (hopefully) against Burnley in between.

If we play it right and win our next three games (big ask considering we have Everton this weekend, but doable), we could gain three points on Arse and City, and two on Liverpool, by the time the last third of the month rolls around. That kind of even spread is better than just going seven or so clear of one side, imo.

Arsenal missing out on CL, having to find a new manager and potentially having to replace Ozil and Sanchez all at the same time would make them the most likely to suffer from the fall out this season imo

Liverpool are used to being outside of the top 4 and United are rich enough and big enough to not let it setbthem back too much

Back