• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "Official" 2013/14 Other teams matches thread

It's a weird weird season that's for sure. After all the craziness, we're still on course for nearing our record points total again. Remarkable.

Had a look on rawk (no idea why) and they are perplexed as to how it is even possible that we are a point above them right now (albeit with a game in hand). I have to say, I'm scratching my head at that too! Anyway, I would absolutely LOVE it if we finish above them again this year. Don't see it right now, but you never know. Expect them to win well today at Stoke.

Totally agree. Sat in the services on the way home last night they were showing some goals on the TV, the wife commented on how Everton were 'on fire'.
I pointed out despite how poor we supposedly had been this season, we were a point behind them and (as you said) a point ahead of the free-scoring, w#nktastic Red machine they call Liverpool

Yes as per the current rule they were, but I think this Not interferring with play rule is pants. For me there are 3 Toon players behind the last defender so in my book it should be disallowed, but, I suppose they werent interferring with play so by the current rule the goal should have stood.

Preferred the old offside rule tbh

It reminds of the Chiriches goal at Fulham. Surely if Tiotes goal should be disallowed, then Chiriches´should have been disallowed too. Defoe (I think) was standing offside just a couple of yards infront of the goalkeeper. Think this is a difficult rule for referees/linesmen to handle sometimes.

Pardew loves a bit of verbal with other managers on the touch line doesn't he haha!

Been a good game so far, lively.

It reminds of the Chiriches goal at Fulham. Surely if Tiotes goal should be disallowed, then Chiriches´should have been disallowed too. Defoe (I think) was standing offside just a couple of yards infront of the goalkeeper. Think this is a difficult rule for referees/linesmen to handle sometimes.

Yes I agree, we got lucky that night, IIRC Defoe even jumped over the ball which I would certainly class as interference. No complaints from me though

cheik-tiote-goal.gif

You won't see a better example of the good video refereeing can do. Pardew uses one of his calls, it gets reviewed and a minute later the game carries on with the correct decision made.

That being said, I hate it when players slowly lumber out of offside positions.

I can see why the decision was given

If the ball went into the keepers right then the goal would have been given. But going to his left, he is put off by the offside players as he needs to think about whether anyone of them is going to touch the ball etc.

They are indirectly interfering with the keeper.

That should never been given offside the way the rule is normally interpreted these days.

...and probably wouldn't have been, had it been a goal for the Sky Four club. On the other hand, I've got less sympathy when these types of decisions are given against forwards than many others. They should be making more of an effort to stay/get back onside, instead of trying to hang around getting in the keeper's line of sight.

to be fair when your just mincing around like that in the 6 yard box between the posts, not even making the slightest attempt to keep onside you run the risk.

if it was the other two players in offisde positions only, then i would agree that its incredibly harsh.

why didn't gouffran move up with play? either the lasiest **** in the world, or he's trying to gain an advantage. either way, i think its a decision that could go either way and far from the worst we've seen this season.

Something I dont get now.

Pardew said to the the ref. You were wrong the linesman was right.

I thought the ref had given the goal, only to consult the linesman and then roll the goal out.

Confused.com

Just noticed we have Hamann and Carragher in the box at the Britannia for the Stoke v Liverpool match, one-sided again. Shouldnt they have someone like Peter Reid there, or someone else with a slight connection to Stoke?

SCFC XI: Butland, Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Pieters, Walters, Nzonzi, Adam, Whelan, Arnautovic, Crouch.
LFC XI: Mignolet, Johnson, Cissokho, Skrtel, Toure, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling, Coutinho, Suarez

Come on Crouchie!!

Back