• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

MotD2 ... where does Chris Sutton get hi hate of Swansea ?

I could understand the tackle from behind that got the Swans 2nd, but the rest made Costa sound like a saint.

Having moved the ball well wide, Costa ran into the keeper, who had pulled up. As they fell to ground Costa was then trying to drag his legs around to make secondary and tertiary contact with the keeper around his head.

He then saw nothing wrong with the goal, where Costa pushed the defender back and then did his overhead kick. By that time the defender is back in position and jumping to head the ball - at which point Costa doesn't just meet the ball but follows through.

I'm all for overheads, and slightly surprised that this is the one area not driven out of the game on Health & Safety. That said, Costa's was a bad one and the ref's view ought to have seen him sanctioned.
I'm not sure it is an anti Swansea thing, more a Chelsea love in... he can't see them doing any wrong, He has been all over the BBC radio and TV this last weekend (I almost yearn for having Savage back on 606) whether it was Sportsweek, Football focus, 606 or MOTD. What he was saying about the overhead kick being allowed because it was a fantastic piece of skill completely ignored the original question as to why Cameron Jerome had a less dangerous overhead kick disallowed!

Where did all this love-in for Costa come from all of a sudden....is it because he's started to run around a bit more and do what he is suppose to do and score some goals...i presume losing his place in the Spanish team played a part,what i saw Sunday was that defenders doing to him what he's been doing to nearly every single player that come and tackle him,to me he's just a cheat full stop...he plays for free kicks, penalties tries to get players sent off.......the classic line would be 'i'm glad he's on my side not in the opposition' feck that wish he would get in his caravan and feck off....he's just a cheating cnut .....i guarantee he be up to something on Friday,he be the center of some sort incident, and everyone will turn a blind eye.

His second goal on Sunday was a foul,dangerous play,how close can someones head be to his foot not to be dangerous....

CsqvluWWIAAu5eR.jpg

its very amusing to watch Keown scrape together a post football existence, its clear he's desperate to get a more regular gig, he interrupted Gullit so many times to prove a point, funny cos all he needs to do is go to the monkey section at london zoo

its very amusing to watch Keown scrape together a post football existence, its clear he's desperate to get a more regular gig, he interrupted Gullit so many times to prove a point, funny cos all he needs to do is go to the monkey section at london zoo
I quite like Keown's punditry. On balance I would rather listen to him than Gullit I think.

What was that shower of brick on MOTD last week. Spus v boro. More coverage of that ugly boro fan scratching his head than football. Even the football was highlights from bricky angles with crap music over the top. Load of bollox.

Don't agree with Jenas's take there. Even if Oxtail-Chamberpot never touched the ball (which isn't as obvious as all that, either), the mere fact that he went for it would normally be enough for the lino to raise his flag.

Don't agree with Jenas's take there. Even if Oxtail-Chamberpot never touched the ball (which isn't as obvious as all that, either), the mere fact that he went for it would normally be enough for the lino to raise his flag.

surely only koscielney could be off, as he was in front of chamberlain, you can't be offside behind the ball

surely only koscielney could be off, as he was in front of chamberlain, you can't be offside behind the ball

I assumed it was a when-the-ball was-played thing, as they were talking about O-C being the potential offender. Have to admit, I wasn't actually looking at the replay at the crucial time; I'll have to play it back. My thought as I watched the game in real time was that both of them were suspect. Anyway, it was fuсking HANDBALLED-IN!!!

He was not offside but if he kicked it against his own player that player would, hence only offside if he touched it,,, handball either way

I assumed it was a when-the-ball was-played thing, as they were talking about O-C being the potential offender. Have to admit, I wasn't actually looking at the replay at the crucial time; I'll have to play it back. My thought as I watched the game in real time was that both of them were suspect. Anyway, it was fuсking HANDBALLED-IN!!!

got ya, i thought you were talking about the far post shenanigans

So according to Ian Wright on another day Emirates Marketing Project would've got something out of that game

On another day mate they would've been down to 9 men, including one CB after 15 minutes had the ref had a pair of balls

He must have just watched the highlights which somehow have been edited to make it look like it was a close game.

I dunno why they bother with this vote for Goal of the Month. Whichever Liverpool player is in always wins, because their fans have too much time on their hands.

OK, watched it again. Koscielny was the one that might have been off, but actually he wasn't (Boyd played him on), but the handball is clear, and the goal never should have stood. And they're Kuntz.

Ehhh, no. None of them were initially offside. The only one who could have been offside was Kocielny, if Ox played the ball first. But ox didn't touch it. Offside - No. Handball - Yes

Ehhh, no. None of them were initially offside. The only one who could have been offside was Kocielny, if Ox played the ball first. But ox didn't touch it. Offside - No. Handball - Yes

Yes, we've cleared it up now. My bad, should have actually watched it before interpreting JJ's comments.

agree with most of that

it's not handball for me, contact was accidental rather than intentional

Back