• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Match of the Day Thread

for a man of his age ol' Links still looks in amazing shape. Great guy and striker, my footballing idol when growing up

I do hate listening to Johnathan Pearce. The guy seems to be quite anti Spurs, which is just the start of my problem with him, but on top of that it's his ability to sound like he constantly favours the "top" clubs and any result that goes against them is a case of a bad luck etc etc.

I do hate listening to Johnathan Pearce. The guy seems to be quite anti Spurs, which is just the start of my problem with him, but on top of that it's his ability to sound like he constantly favours the "top" clubs and any result that goes against them is a case of a bad luck etc etc.

You are right on all points plus the fact he has to scream out like a stuck pig every time a goal is scored.

That's his job, he's got to look like that or he'd be replaced.

i dont think his job is dependent on how he looks.....after all he isnt the prettiest is he, what with his big ears, grey hair, jimmy hill goatee beard chin and big nose;)

Everyone in front of the camera has got to be slim, how many fat blokes have a career.

Mark Lawrenson has never been in good shape. John Hartson is chubby, Garth Crooks is positively exploding out of his shirts and trousers

Well maybe we should highlight manes kick at Lamella in the first 15mins.

The most annoying thing about the corner is that if the ref doesn't blow and ball comes with the Liverpool player on the floor then all hell would have broken lose, because Spurs would have an advantage. But the ref stops play to allow Liverpool to reset and get their man back in position. It was a very good decision and the correct one from the ref. Yet in a match where he got a lot wrong they are focusing on this.

Interviewer: Tony, how must it feel for Saido Berahino finally to be playing in the same side as Nacer Chadli?
Pulis: Feuk off.

MotD2 ... where does Chris Sutton get hi hate of Swansea ?

I could understand the tackle from behind that got the Swans 2nd, but the rest made Costa sound like a saint.

Having moved the ball well wide, Costa ran into the keeper, who had pulled up. As they fell to ground Costa was then trying to drag his legs around to make secondary and tertiary contact with the keeper around his head.

He then saw nothing wrong with the goal, where Costa pushed the defender back and then did his overhead kick. By that time the defender is back in position and jumping to head the ball - at which point Costa doesn't just meet the ball but follows through.

I'm all for overheads, and slightly surprised that this is the one area not driven out of the game on Health & Safety. That said, Costa's was a bad one and the ref's view ought to have seen him sanctioned.

Back