• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

Gaucho don't even have steak knives, says it all. Claim their steak is so tender they don't need it. Yeah right, when I go for steak I want a big dirty hulk of meat. Their steak is horribly bland as well.

Best steak place I've ever been to is Goodmans, check it out.

Anyone been to Flat Iron on Beak St?(think it's there anyway)

That's not a bad place for a cheap steak - miniture carving knife instead of a knife as well! :D

Anyone been to Flat Iron on Beak St?(think it's there anyway)

That's not a bad place for a cheap steak - miniture carving knife instead of a knife as well! :D

She is gonna be one lucky lady this online dating chick.

No expense spared with you eh ;)

i had ribeye this time. tried a few different things, but they've all been good so far. think i've been to 3 of the hawksmoors now - i do prefer the seven dials i think. went to the guildhall one the other day. the foxlow is a new restaurant, owned by the hawksmoor i think, but smoked and grilled type food.

Good places for lunch near Victoria place?

That's easy.....'Sports Bar and Grill' in Victoria station (well just outside) do the best damn burgers i've had in London. They also have numerous tv's showing various sports...really nice place actually.

I have to work near Croydon on Thursday, stopping at the Jury Inn, anyone know any decent pubs to go to round there, prefer more traditional/Indie bar type places.

I have to work near Croydon on Thursday, stopping at the Jury Inn, anyone know any decent pubs to go to round there, prefer more traditional/Indie bar type places.

My local used to be The Ship. Proper old style pub that plays decent music in the evenings. Sometimes have live bands too.

That's easy.....'Sports Bar and Grill' in Victoria station (well just outside) do the best damn burgers i've had in London. They also have numerous tv's showing various sports...really nice place actually.

Meeting overran so had to dash back to Kings Cross, grabbed a Leon for the train. Wish we had places like Leon and Wasabi up north!

Also, it really is bloody cold up here! Real noticeable difference having spent the last two days in Cornwall and London.

Coming to London in March and need a lot of help.

I'm looking for a hotel as close to 150 US as possible, safe, convenient and near the city center. What areas specifically should I be looking?

Something with easy access to the tube and all the touristy stuff would be nice as well.

While I'm at it, any must-see (apart from WHL), must-eat places I need to go while I'm there?? I'm living in Toulouse so its not like it's the other side of the world, but it will be just my second time in London.

I think Seven Dials is the best of the lot... hope you enjoyed it!

Cinnamon Soho / Indian, just off Beak Street, was fantastic last weekend. Really recommend it, great service and excellent food, not your usual curry house!

Coming to London in March and need a lot of help.

I'm looking for a hotel as close to 150 US as possible, safe, convenient and near the city center. What areas specifically should I be looking?

Something with easy access to the tube and all the touristy stuff would be nice as well.

While I'm at it, any must-see (apart from WHL), must-eat places I need to go while I'm there?? I'm living in Toulouse so its not like it's the other side of the world, but it will be just my second time in London.

I stayed in the President, Russell Square when I was over for the Saudi Sportswashing Machine game. It used to be a bit old and tatty, but the room I got (a single) had been decorated very recently. Good shower as well. £83, so it's in your price range. There is a tube station, Russell Square, Piccadilly Line, right beside it.

http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/

There are cheaper one's in that chain, but they don't get great reviews.

Back