• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

So thursday morning I'm going to the british museum in the morning to see the Pompeii exhibition, and then I'm meeting some friends up town at about 4pm.

I will have ~4 hours to kill, unless I go home, so what do you like to do/what should I do in the city by myself?

the ribs at pit cue off of carnaby street have a reputation for being the best in town, not tried them myself

Surprised to find this thread so far down.

I'm in London at lot these days, and I must say I really do think it is a great city. If the right offer was on the table I would consider the move.

Surprised to find this thread so far down.

I'm in London at lot these days, and I must say I really do think it is a great city. If the right offer was on the table I would consider the move.

Think i would rather the Romanians and Bulgarians then another ****ing northern monkey.

anyone been to Bodean's... its a great steak and ribs american joint.

The ribs and burnt ends were incredible!

also has anyone been burger n lobster? I am gong friday and curious about how good it is

Love Bodeans, try Red Dog Saloon in Hoxton if you get a chance, better food imo but both are great.

Also love Burger & Lobster, had the Lobster last time I went and it was rather good.

anyone been to Bodean's... its a great steak and ribs american joint.

The ribs and burnt ends were incredible!

also has anyone been burger n lobster? I am gong friday and curious about how good it is

trouble with bodeans, is that it's a bit hit and miss. been in there a few times and the food was great, been in there a few and it was really terrible.

Burger and Lobster is decent.

Went to a place called Herman Ze German on saturday, best hot dogs in London. It's in Soho and dirt cheap, like £4.50 for a proper hot dog and baguette style roll. None of the US soft bun style.

Burger and Lobster is decent.

Went to a place called Herman Ze German on saturday, best hot dogs in London. It's in Soho and dirt cheap, like £4.50 for a proper hot dog and baguette style roll. None of the US soft bun style.

I'm down to see a comedian in Soho in a coople of weeks. After looking at this, I am definitely going here. Nice one

Taking the Mrs to London on Sunday for first time (other than passing through on trains etc) She's Polish so she has an excuse, kind of!

What would you put top of the list if of things to see and do if you only had a day?..

I don't wanna take her somewhere that's gonna end up eating up a large chunk of the day or spend the day queuing for some busy tourist thing.

I'm going to London with 6 mates of mine for a friends birthday and staying in a hotel about 5 mins away from Leicester Square this Saturday. Anyone recommend where to go?

We was thinking about the Roof Gardens in Kensington but realised you need to be a member so that idea is out of the window.

We are thinking a few bars and a club after really. Not much into live bands and house music will probably be most prefered.

Cheers.

I'm going to London with 6 mates of mine for a friends birthday and staying in a hotel about 5 mins away from Leicester Square this Saturday. Anyone recommend where to go?

We was thinking about the Roof Gardens in Kensington but realised you need to be a member so that idea is out of the window.

We are thinking a few bars and a club after really. Not much into live bands and house music will probably be most prefered.

Cheers.

I find the West End hideously touristy and expensive, better value elsewhere

Try Fifty Five bar, ****tail place in Camden: http://fiftyfivebar.co.uk/
Huge menu, good music, book atable unless you like to stand!

Large array of pubs up and down Camden High Street, suitable for a bit of a crawl.

I've never been, but I'm told Gilgamesh in Camden is supposed to be alright, reviews seem favorable: http://www.gilgameshbar.com/

on Friday my parents, girlfriend and I did Hint Hunt....

I wont give it away and you shouldnt spoil it for yourself. Basically you are locked in this roon and you have an hour to escape. you have to turn the room upside down to find clues, puzzles, keys, passwords and codes. we managed to escape with literally 1 second to spare.

It was a supurb hour and I can see why its so highly rated on Trip Advisor. If you ever like those puzzle games on your phone etc then this is a Must. Its in Euston!

http://hinthunt.co.uk/

Cheers.

East End for House music, Camden is rock

Cheers.

I am ashamed to admit im a member of roof gardens but only because I love eating there but hate the whole club scene. It used to be so much better than what it is now. I wouldnt go now though.

If you wanna go somewhere unique although can be a bit pretentious is Aqua Kyoto (i love it and brilliant drinks) or Paramount.. Theyre pretentious places though but if youre with mates then who cares.

What areas would you recommend in the East End as I never really venture into London? (always usally venture outwards)

Saturday night was a bit of a flop to be honest but as our cabbie said you are best of going to a pub if you're not on a guestlist or paying for a table.

We went to Soho first and then got into some club in Lecister Square eventually but only for about an hour before it closed at 1am (can't believe a night club closes at that time in the center of town..)

Our cab driver did say that he thinks East London is far better than Cental/West-End (think he mentioned areas close to Hackney) but I always pictured as these areas being a bit rough..? Could have changed I guess...

What areas would you recommend in the East End as I never really venture into London? (always usally venture outwards)

Saturday night was a bit of a flop to be honest but as our cabbie said you are best of going to a pub if you're not on a guestlist or paying for a table.

We went to Soho first and then got into some club in Lecister Square eventually but only for about an hour before it closed at 1am (can't believe a night club closes at that time in the center of town..)

Our cab driver did say that he thinks East London is far better than Cental/West-End (think he mentioned areas close to Hackney) but I always pictured as these areas being a bit rough..? Could have changed I guess...

A good amount of decent pubs and bars in the Shoreditch / Hoxton area. Dalston is alright too though I'm not too familiar with that area.

Back