• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

Went to Archipelago last night its a restaurant that sells insects etc and certain varieties of meat. We both had python and zebra for starters... zebra tastes like veal escalope and was unreal. Python tasted like quorn it was horrible.

Had Kangaroo and Bison steak for mains - simply unreal.

For dessert we had chocolate locusts - tasted like kit kat but looked like **** haha. Also had python flavored absinthe

I would urge anyone, especially on a date, to go... its an experience but a pleasant one, not cheap though really isnt.

Went to Oblix (restaurant in the Shard) this week. Food really was top notch. Squid for starter was the best I've had and steak for main was top notch as well. Missus had the sole which was equally as nice.

Can't argue with the view either, loads of stupidly hot ladies around as well.

We went in the lounge which has live music but as the bar is in this area it's quite noisy if you want to talk, they do have a separate restaurant.

Oh and not cheap - £195 including tip and we only had one ****tail each and a bottle of wine for drinks.

Went to Archipelago last night its a restaurant that sells insects etc and certain varieties of meat. We both had python and zebra for starters... zebra tastes like veal escalope and was unreal. Python tasted like quorn it was horrible.

For dessert we had chocolate locusts - tasted like kit kat but looked like **** haha. Also had python flavored absinthe

I would urge anyone, especially on a date, to go... its an experience but a pleasant one, not cheap though really isnt.

I went there on a date, had a tastecard at the time so got 50% off.. the bug salad had about 3 bugs in it though disappointingly. My date had the kangaroo and it was delicious. I was jealous.

I went there on a date, had a tastecard at the time so got 50% off.. the bug salad had about 3 bugs in it though disappointingly. My date had the kangaroo and it was delicious. I was jealous.

Yeah it was date night last night haha - fairly romantic place, unfortunately they dont do tastecards on Friday to Sundays. Was tempted with the bug salad but couldnt bring myself to do it. The locust was suprisingly like the most expensive kit kat in the world at around £7.

The kangaroo was lovely but the Zebra and Bison definitely beats it.

I just remember the Kangaroo being really tender and nice.

Dove Pubs do Bison Burgers and tasty Belgian beers (dovepubs.com)

Anyone care to recommend pubs near London Bridge with a beer garden? will it be best to head towards the river?

I just remember the Kangaroo being really tender and nice.

Dove Pubs do Bison Burgers and tasty Belgian beers (dovepubs.com)

Anyone care to recommend pubs near London Bridge with a beer garden? will it be best to head towards the river?

The Anchor & the Thameside Inn are both on the river with good sized beer gardens

And on your way down to the river, if you go down Stoney Street both The Rake and The Wheatsheaf are also really nice boozers with beer gardens also

Went down Stoney Street and ended up in Brew Wharf which had a nice outdoors bit until the sun went behind a building. Then Went to the George on Borough High street even though their outdoor area wasn't catching much sun they did have Punk IPA on tap which was a pleasant surprise.

Recommend the cafe at Southwark Cathedral. Big Courtyard area which will be nice in the summer for some lunch or a coffee.

Might go into London in a bit for a few drinks. I know Be At One has all day Happy Hours on Sundays, anyone know any other Sunday Happy Hours?

Yeah it was date night last night haha - fairly romantic place, unfortunately they dont do tastecards on Friday to Sundays. Was tempted with the bug salad but couldnt bring myself to do it. The locust was suprisingly like the most expensive kit kat in the world at around £7.

The kangaroo was lovely but the Zebra and Bison definitely beats it.

Kangaroo is good, so is Bison, but Ostrich beats them both IMHO

Meeting up with a girl in London tomorrow evening, can find f*ck all to do though.. anyone got any ideas?

I'm sure you'll want to be bending her into all shapes and positions by the end of the evening. Amirite? :lol:

narrowed it down to either a comedy night or origami class..

****tail masterclass is a great way thing to do. You can touch her up and stuff while youre there too haha. Comedy night not much opportunity to talk etc. ****tail masterclass isnt that expensive and is always a half decent night out.

Went to Oblix (restaurant in the Shard) this week. Food really was top notch. Squid for starter was the best I've had and steak for main was top notch as well. Missus had the sole which was equally as nice.

Can't argue with the view either, loads of stupidly hot ladies around as well.

We went in the lounge which has live music but as the bar is in this area it's quite noisy if you want to talk, they do have a separate restaurant.

Oh and not cheap - £195 including tip and we only had one ****tail each and a bottle of wine for drinks.

Yep posted about this a while back....agree with everything AND our bill was more or less the exact same:lol:

yep took my girl there a month back. I had the kangaroo, Bison steak, crocodile and ummmmmm i forgot but there was one other thing. Wasn't a fan of the Bison steak but everything else was fine. Wouldn't go again though.

Edit: Was Zebra i think.

Back