• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

I'm going to London with 6 mates of mine for a friends birthday and staying in a hotel about 5 mins away from Leicester Square this Saturday. Anyone recommend where to go?

We was thinking about the Roof Gardens in Kensington but realised you need to be a member so that idea is out of the window.

We are thinking a few bars and a club after really. Not much into live bands and house music will probably be most prefered.

Cheers.

I don't think that is the case. I went to the rooftop gardens for dinner in May for my Missus birthday and we aren't members. Check it out with them direct as I am sure you can book in regardless.

Thanks superspurs/libero will look into it.

Usually we like to hit a bar or two before going to a club. I just couldn't believe it was so difficult to find somewhere without being on a guestlist.

Think east london is on the cards next time.

What is Soho like for a few drinks of a Saturday? In my head it is the seedy underbelly of the world, which could be quite funny. Holding us back potentially is that my friend doesn't have any I.D. and I for one am quite young looking for 24. Reckon this will be a problem around there?

What is Soho like for a few drinks of a Saturday? In my head it is the seedy underbelly of the world, which could be quite funny. Holding us back potentially is that my friend doesn't have any I.D. and I for one am quite young looking for 24. Reckon this will be a problem around there?

as long as the majority have ID and you are all showing a few years over 21 it should be fine.

We got ID'd in Covent Garden on Saturday night but as Im 30 and I said the Mrs is 29 it was not a problem...

You've watched too many old films, it's about as seedy as most large city centres in Britain, just be ready to pay over the odds for everything

Thanks superspurs/libero will look into it.

Usually we like to hit a bar or two before going to a club. I just couldn't believe it was so difficult to find somewhere without being on a guestlist.

Think east london is on the cards next time.

Yes East London/East End is your best bet going by what you've described - id advise checking out what club nights are on via Resident Advisor, that'll have a list of the 11pm-6am nights the majority of which will be in that part of London, and then heading out to the bars nearby. Can't offer any particular reccomendations for bars as we generally just hop from one to the other if we're up that way.

Anyone know a good place to eat near Hammersmith Apollo? I'm going to see Pixies with my brother on Sunday and need a decent place for a meal/pint beforehand.

Nothing fancy, no courgette flower starters with veggie mains. Just somewhere decent to get a steak / burger type meal, high end pub but not romantic restaurant with a wine list and maitre'D.

In fact my brother is a grade A idiot and would probably drag me to Pizza Hut or something similar so I just need a decent food pub really... help please

Thank you Kind Sir. Trip Advisor says it is OK and it is close, so that will do me. Also it has a nearby Wetherspoons which will suck all the trampz and chavz and kantz in

is the swan the one in the bus station complex behind tesco?

the distillers on the fulham palace road isn't far away and is quite nice

Getting into Paddington at 5:25am on Wednesday, I'll probably stay in bed in my cabin until 7ish.

Got a meeting near St. James's Park tube at 10am. Where is the best place for to head for breakfast in the meantime?

go to Dishoom in Shoreditch - not really local to St James (or Paddington for that matter) but the Egg Naan rolls are amazing and well worth the trip

Hawksmoor does a great breakfast - does a great dinner too - their breakfast would set you up for life

wanted to go to one before Spurs one game recently and was told that only the one in Guildhall serves a brekfast menu and only on weekdays also :(

wanted to go to one before Spurs one game recently and was told that only the one in Guildhall serves a brekfast menu and only on weekdays also :(

Didnt know it was just weekdays - I guess it makes sense as businesses over there all start early and have breakfast meetings etc

Back