• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The London Thread.

Few of you might remember I mentioned I moved to around Borough recently, got a load of mates coming over this weekend and want to head out to a few decent bars but from what I've seen it seems to be mostly pubs. Anyone know of any decent late night bars with good music and women in the area? Failing that any recommendations for further afield places like Elephant & Castle (I've heard there are decent places here but never been) or Soho?

Try out Jacks Lounge on Isabella Street. They do some pretty good ****tails and spin some funky tunes. Isabella Street is pedestrianised too, so it's nice out front in the sunshine.

http://www.jackslounge.co.uk/main.swf
jacks_bar_london_southwark.jpg

Then if you want to drink later, the firestation closer to Waterloo is open until 2-3 I think.

http://www.thefirestationwaterloo.com

Few of you might remember I mentioned I moved to around Borough recently, got a load of mates coming over this weekend and want to head out to a few decent bars but from what I've seen it seems to be mostly pubs. Anyone know of any decent late night bars with good music and women in the area? Failing that any recommendations for further afield places like Elephant & Castle (I've heard there are decent places here but never been) or Soho?

Peckham's pretty happening these days, check out Bar Story, the Gowlett or CLF Art's Cafe. if your going out on friday then the jungle brothers are dj'ing at the bussey building (warehouse party space at the CLF). all open late and loads of fitties.

^ Bar Story is an excellent bar - huge selection of ****tails and shooters, reasonably priced - ?ú4.50 - ?ú5.50 for the ****tails and ?ú3 for the shooters. buy one get one between 6pm and 7pm as well.

haven't been for a while but it used to be a regular haunt of mine (also used to be 2 hour BYGOF, got messy)

Thanks for the suggestions, I dont think they would all be so interested in Peckham but I will check them out sometime.

Jacks is a good shout, walked past it a couple of times. The cut is quite a decent road for a few warm up drinks.

Any other recommendations? I've heard good things about Bermondsey St but I don't think all these places are late late night type places unless i'm wrong.

Friend is organising his birthday drinks for a Monday Evening (we all work stupid hours/weekends)

Suggestions of bars near Liverpool Street and/or Stratford would be appreciated. Bonus points if they have extended happy hours on Mondays.

I will be in London all day in May 2nd before I head to Stamford Bridge, I can't drink as I need to drive after the game, suggestions on things to do / places to see would be appreciated.

What sort of things do you like? Could go to the science museum and natural history museum which are both in Kensington and free to enter. Well worth visiting, had some of my best school trips there.

What sort of things do you like? Could go to the science museum and natural history museum which are both in Kensington and free to enter. Well worth visiting, had some of my best school trips there.

Yes I do like museums and culture etc, was thinking of taking in the National Portrait Gallery. Any idea on a good p?ótissi?¿re in London? I do like a good pastry.

Greggs is not a p?ótissi?¿re! Although I don't mind the odd fudge doughnut from them.

Have you been to the Damien Hirst exhibition? ?ú14 is a lot of money to a northerner.

Nah but I do fancy going, just to see some of the ridiculous things he has made and has charge tens of millions for..

I LOVED going to both (especially the Natural history museum). My dad used to take me and my mates loads of times. Last time i went was on my day off with my mate around a year ago.

Lads. Pint pot titty pubs near Liverpool street? I've been to the griffin in Farringdon loads if times. Coming down for the Blackburn game with a mate.

Lads. Pint pot titty pubs near Liverpool street? I've been to the griffin in Farringdon loads if times. Coming down for the Blackburn game with a mate.

All are shut on a sunday matey

But there is The White Horse, Rainbow Sports Bar, Browns & The Axe all within 5 mins walk

Yes I do like museums and culture etc, was thinking of taking in the National Portrait Gallery. Any idea on a good p?ótissi?¿re in London? I do like a good pastry.

Mate. I'd echo that shout if you're going to Stamford Bridge. Patisserie wise, if you're going to be in that region, try the Harrods food hall, they'll see you right.

Back