• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Some of the comments below are awesome

kuwaiti_gooner says

14/10/14 10:13am

Arsene Wenger is one of a kind.To me, his impact on Arsenal is like Steve Job's impact on 'Apple' ,and the technology world. I hope he'll stay healthy & well to lead us beyond his current contract. And to win the PL&CL before his inevitable Sad retirement day comes. Long Live Le Professor!

Some fans complaining about the price of tickets.

Some other fans complaining about the lack of spending.

Minor nagging about stuff.

Wenger says he might consider 4-4-2 when Giroud is back.

Something about Hull that's so dislikeable, time wasting I can accept but to do it in such a tasteless way is disgusting. Dawson for one went down clutching his head to have play stopped only for his knee treated. Then Huddlestone slowly dribbles with the ball before returning it to us. Never seen a ref stop a game so much for non-head downed players before. So ****ed about that game, was controlling until some corrupt ref decided to make himself a few extra pounds. Feels more like three points stolen than dropped.

I could blame management, players etc, I’m just bored with the whole routine. Whether the ref was good or bad we lacked the composure to continue playing as we were. From the first 20 or so minutes this looked like an easy 4-0.

What can one say that hasn't already been said?

I'm bored of stating the obvious and seeing the subsequent results of the obvious.

We're ******* sh!t, and it's Wengers fault.

The first 30 minutes we looked good and most importantly we played direct and with energy. After that we couldn’t do that anymore for whatever reason.

If bloody Hull can score twice at your ground, you know that your defence is crap.

Fairly shocking stuff. So many poor things today, the ref was a complete knob which was obviously a factor but that doesn't excuse the performance and our shocking form in general. Hull at home should be one of the easiest fixtures of the league season, if they were any use we'd have been 3-1 down. The second half was just awful, watching us play so narrow makes me want to pull my hair out.

Things that stood out for me;

-Per was poor and has been all season.
-Ox put in a contender for worst performance of the season, it's so frustrating watching this guy. He's got all the tools but it isn't clicking at all, his passing and dribbling has been completely wild. It's ridiculous that he's been way ahead of Campbell in the pecking order considering his forms been poor since his injury late last season.
-Sanchez was doing it on his own for most of the game, Santi started well central but tailed off. Campbell was lively and Bellerin played well. They're the only positives really.
-Szcz yet again got a hand to a goal but couldn't keep it out. Coincidental? It seems to happen a lot.

Exactly, theres little point in even discussing the team anymore. Same old boring crap

Mertesacker's been garbage all season too. His attempt at defending the 2nd goal was laughable.

We're even worse off than we were last season. After spending 60m+ this is unacceptable. Heads need to roll.

Don't know why I even bother anymore, like watching reruns of a TV show every weekend. Glaring lack of quality in certain areas, no ability to cope with cheap ****house tactics and some ******* bald **** to shaft us on top of it.

It was a ****fest of a game. Boring, ineffective and ridiculously vulnerable at the back. No excuses either. **** blaming Hull or the ref. We're supposedly a top team, so we should start ******* acting like one.

No matter who you blame or whatever way you want to twist it, going down 1-2 to Hull ******* City and scraping a draw in injury time is unworthy of this club. Rushing Ramsey back from injury in a sad attempt to salvage something from this game was pathetic.

The thing that ****es me off most, however, is that this has all been said before. We've seen it all before. This is the 'new era' Arsenal. And I, for one, am just very, very tired of it all. This season is sucking all the joy I once felt watching Arsenal out of me.

2 wins in 8 games.

Amazing how we've regressed since last season and arguably even the Community Shield.

Also Flamini's a ******* *****. Got brushed off like a little girl there, even if it was a foul.

Yeah I don't know why we have seen nothing of Campbell, we looked far better when he came on. He's direct, he committed defenders and is passing was good.

Wenger wouldnt have a fvcking clue how to use him anyway. He's better off kicking up a stink and leaving for a club that'd appreciate his talent. We only reward mediocrity at arsenal.

No, **** this. We've been dog**** and the club, players and Wenger should all rightly be criticised for this, that's not a reason to let that bald ******** off the hook though. Diamé's goal doesn't stand and we win this game nine times out of ten. No ******* way the ref would have given the away team that goal at Stamford Bridge, Anfield or the Etihad.

That said, Flamini can **** off. Play to the ******* whistle, we've been ****** over by refs so many times in the past, how's it possible one of our allegedly experienced players still make mistakes like these.

Aside from Ox who's been disgraceful I want Gibbs out of this club, lad's been stealing a living for some time now. You can count the number of passes forward he's made in his career on one hand, absolutely no threat going forward but spends more time in their box than ours.

Miscommunication here. What I meant was: don't blame Hull or the ref as an excuse for this result. It's down to us in the end. Yes, the ref was **** and criticise him for that all you want, but let's not pretend he single handedly gifted Hull the game.

The team deserves a lot of criticism for the 2nd half especially, Flamini was really poor as were Santi and Ox but jesus that referee was a f*****g nightmare. Who the hell was he? I've never seen him before but he looked completely inept, he let Dawson "limp" from the 6 yard line to the technical area to receive treatment ffs. Half the fouls he gave were 50/50 tackles at best, the less said about the Diame goal the better although Flamini still let himself down badly.

Abysmal performance, league season is a write-off already. Battle for 4th as per usual.

So much wrong with the team these days - average keeper, lack of depth in defence, think Mertesacker is toast tbh, midfield has no presence or physicality, lack of killers in attack. Everyone trying fancy flicks around the box, such a bull**** tactic that fails most of the time.

Conceding two at home to a garbage Hull team doesn't bode well.

We may laugh at Arsenal when they are playing as crap as they are, but beware. The day of Wenger being boss is decreasing rapidly and the day he does go will be a terrible day for us.

I laughed when some people here "insisted" that Arsenal would be genuine title contendors before the season started. They are doing exactly what I expected them to do.

What we have to realise, is that these last 5 or 6 years is when Arsenal were truely there for the taking. But we (and others) have failed to do it. The day Wenger leaves the odds are that our job becomes even harder.

the way he's run that place (quite brilliantly it must be said) it's gonna take time to replace him adequately as it won't be with 1 man

The end is nigh... Hopefully the Goons will go into a tailspin when ARSEne leaves, like ManU after Fergie and Liverpool after Dalglish...

@OptaJoe: 2 - Arsenal have won only two of their opening eight games for the first time in the Arsene Wenger era. Slump.

We may laugh at Arsenal when they are playing as crap as they are, but beware. The day of Wenger being boss is decreasing rapidly and the day he does go will be a terrible day for us.

I laughed when some people here "insisted" that Arsenal would be genuine title contendors before the season started. They are doing exactly what I expected them to do.

What we have to realise, is that these last 5 or 6 years is when Arsenal were truely there for the taking. But we (and others) have failed to do it. The day Wenger leaves the odds are that our job becomes even harder.

disagree. i think wenger's exit will really open up the fight for top 4 spots.

I disagree. I think that, like Ferguson, Wenger has kept his team above their natural position. Arsenal aren't really all that at the moment and a new manager could well struggle to replicate the over performance that the child-friend has achieved.

Quite simply, wenger is a great coach but inept in the transfer market. We've successfully bought a couple of up and coming players who go on to be elite players for Madrid, while they they have started to buy elite rejects. Players who Madrid and other top clubs are willing to let go.

They are not bad players, but they represent poor value for money. Carzola, Ozil even Sanchez would not have been allowed to leave their respective clubs if they had been as good as Modric, Bale or other key players. Yet these rejects cost a small fortune and they must be on silly wages.

Their big signings are better than average, but not the world beaters you'd expect for that money.

So some of you still buy this notion that Wenger is getting Arsenal "to punch above their weight and is keeping them in the top 4"??

So you still think they are succeeding only because of him??

Have you seen that they are spending more on wages than Chelski?

Have you seen the glaring holes in their squad (DCM and CB cover)?

He and they are awash with money and the fact that those problems still persisting is what makes them even still reachable for us.
He and they have NO excuses for having more ACMs in that team than DCMs and CBs combined.

If say, a Guadiola or a Van Gaal, were to have be appointed there would be none of the nonsense transfer strategy that we have seen from them and they'd be far closer to City and Chelski than us. The longer Wenger stays the better the chance we can hang on to the 4th place chase (even if we don't eventually make it)

So some of you still buy this notion that Wenger is getting Arsenal "to punch above their weight and is keeping them in the top 4"??

So you still think they are succeeding only because of him??

Have you seen that they are spending more on wages than Chelski?

Have you seen the glaring holes in their squad (DCM and CB cover)?

He and they are awash with money and the fact that those problems still persisting is what makes them even still reachable for us.
He and they have NO excuses for having more ACMs in that team than DCMs and CBs combined.

If say, a Guadiola or a Van Gaal, were to have be appointed there would be none of the nonsense transfer strategy that we have seen from them and they'd be far closer to City and Chelski than us. The longer Wenger stays the better the chance we can hang on to the 4th place chase (even if we don't eventually make it)

Isn't it great! If they had handled themselves professionally in the transfer market they would be competing for trophies no doubt. wenger is the obstacle. He changes his mind, and doesn't address the squads needs.

If they'd bought Suarez when they could have....
If they'd bought some decent defenders this summer.... (how can you have only 5 first team defenders!!? How? At a top CL club with hundreds of millions. Amazing)
If they'd bought Fabregas back.....
If they'd spent the Ozil and Carzola money on up and coming stars instead of tying up their wage bill....

There was that point when we got Graham, and they got wenger. Spurs had always been the team known for pass and move, and they were infamous for 1-0 to the ****. A coach like wenger with Levy's running of the transfers is the ideal. Levy more often than not understands value in the transfer market. wenger on the other hand does not. Thankfully wenger is still in charge.

Back