• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

So some of you still buy this notion that Wenger is getting Arsenal "to punch above their weight and is keeping them in the top 4"??

So you still think they are succeeding only because of him??

Have you seen that they are spending more on wages than Chelski?

Have you seen the glaring holes in their squad (DCM and CB cover)?

He and they are awash with money and the fact that those problems still persisting is what makes them even still reachable for us.
He and they have NO excuses for having more ACMs in that team than DCMs and CBs combined.

If say, a Guadiola or a Van Gaal, were to have be appointed there would be none of the nonsense transfer strategy that we have seen from them and they'd be far closer to City and Chelski than us. The longer Wenger stays the better the chance we can hang on to the 4th place chase (even if we don't eventually make it)

Totally agree. Arsenal are in the top 4 "despite" of Wenger and not because of him. If they had appointed a decent manager these last 5 or 6 years it was much more likely that they would have been competing for titles and champions league tropheys rather then scrapping for 4th place and seeing this as success. Anyone who thinks Wenger leaving will lead to a downward spiral is kidding themselves. The truth is that they are ALREADY in a downward spiral this last decade...............its just that other teams, and us in particular, have failed to capitalise on it.

Lets not kid ourselves, Wenger "was" a brilliant manager (at premiership level) but that was over a decade ago. The game has moved on hugely and they will never come close to winning a title or do anything in europe under him ever again.

I have no doubt that Arsenal will appoint a top manager when Wenger goes. Thats when we should realy start to worry.

Last edited:
^ having been there so long it is possible that they will have a bit of a dip when he eventually moves on - it'll likely be 20 years in charge before he steps down, which would be a HUGE culture shock throughout a club where one person has so much control. Agree that he's been holding them back for some time now - he's no longer the forward thinking visionary he once was - the english game has improved and he no longer has that edge he once enjoyed over his rivals (fitness coaching/better knowledge of players from abroad) and tactically he has been found to be way behind the games best

While Mourinho and Ferguson are consumed with winning, almost by any means necessary, Wenger is all about doing it in a particular way.

Just wondering if there are now parallels with Benitez' last season with Liverpool.

- Ever more tetchy interviews
- squad majorly downgraded AFTER having spent lots recently
- got asses handed to them in first CL away match (2-0 scoreline being very kind...)

Could they finally fall out of top 4 this season? Every other 'top 4 stalwart' has at some point.
If SAF was still around it's quite likely it would have happened last season anyway...

Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project is a given.
Manure strikeforce might just keep them up there or thereabouts the top 4 before they buy some more defenders in January (you'd trust them to actually fill those holes, compared to Arsenal and Wenger). Then Liverpool will probably make a run for it, especially if they exit the CL early (quite possible).

Could we actually end up fighting out 5th and 6th with them actually...?

Just wondering if there are now parallels with Benitez' last season with Liverpool.

- Ever more tetchy interviews
- squad majorly downgraded AFTER having spent lots recently
- got asses handed to them in first CL away match (2-0 scoreline being very kind...)

Could they finally fall out of top 4 this season? Every other 'top 4 stalwart' has at some point.
If SAF was still around it's quite likely it would have happened last season anyway...

Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project is a given.
Manure strikeforce might just keep them up there or thereabouts the top 4 before they buy some more defenders in January (you'd trust them to actually fill those holes, compared to Arsenal and Wenger). Then Liverpool will probably make a run for it, especially if they exit the CL early (quite possible).

Could we actually end up fighting out 5th and 6th with them actually...?

We will be fighting 7th and 8th imo!

I hope not!! I have a bet with a ****y Gooner who said at the start that we wouldn't finish higher than 7th....

Who do you think will finish higher than us (aside from Chelski, Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool and the Scum)?

Man United and Everton. No doubt in my mind. Not a fan of Poch but willing to keep quiet-ish about that til the end of the season. 7th for us this year I believe.

Man United and Everton. No doubt in my mind. Not a fan of Poch but willing to keep quiet-ish about that til the end of the season. 7th for us this year I believe.

Everton? Nah, with EL and their aging defence I think they'll struggle to finish above us as their not used to having to juggle like we are; plus they have a smaller squad. If they didn't have EL to compete for I'd probably agree.

As it is I think others like Southampton and Swansea have a better chance of finishing above us than Everton.

Everton? Nah, with EL and their aging defence I think they'll struggle to finish above us as their not used to having to juggle like we are; plus they have a smaller squad. If they didn't have EL to compete for I'd probably agree.

As it is I think others like Southampton and Swansea have a better chance of finishing above us than Everton.

I agree on Everton, but Swansea? Won their first 3, haven't won since.

I know this is probably heresy to most in here but not living in England I'm detatched from the whole local rivalry thing. I always enjoyed watching arsenal under wenger, good football played the right way and not the win at all costs (cheat and kick) of Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. But the last 3-4 years that has gone, they are now as cynical (desperate) as all the other top teams. In my view wenger sees his legacy fading and doesn't know how to arrest it. They are on the slide, if Wheelchair, ox and Ramsey weren't British they would be getting the same press as Lamella, chadli or any other "failures".

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I know this is probably heresy to most in here but not living in England I'm detatched from the whole local rivalry thing. I always enjoyed watching arsenal under wenger, good football played the right way and not the win at all costs (cheat and kick) of Man U, Liverpool or Chelsea. But the last 3-4 years that has gone, they are now as cynical (desperate) as all the other top teams. In my view wenger sees his legacy fading and doesn't know how to arrest it. They are on the slide, if Wheelchair, ox and Ramsey weren't British they would be getting the same press as Lamella, chadli or any other "failures".

:eek:[-X

B0lQTtKCYAEd8Co.jpg

pitchforks.gif

Back