• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I don’t know where else to put this however as he is an ex Gooner I thought it should go in here.

And this is a sincere post.

Merson.

He has made some outrageous statements this season about us and about Arsenal. However, its not the outrageous statements that concern me. He is entitled to his opinions and they are often wrong!

BUT its the ridicule I am seeing in posts started, not from fans - but from his colleagues in the media.

Removing my bias Spurs Goggles - Here we have a man, by all accounts a pretty decent bloke, a husband, a father who has in the past had some pretty serious and well documented mental health issues and addiction issues.

the guy is fragile.

why the fudge do the media think it’s OK to jump on a tinkle take, ridiculing his comments? It encourages keyboard warriors to then pile in and take the tinkle with comments about his past.

We have seen it happen countless times before when people in the public eye come under the spotlight for whatever reason and then tragically take their own lives.

I seriously hope for his sake and the sake of his loved ones that he manages to remain grounded and in control.

I absolutely fudging detest the media in this country.

I don’t know where else to put this however as he is an ex Gooner I thought it should go in here.

And this is a sincere post.

Merson.

He has made some outrageous statements this season about us and about Arsenal. However, its not the outrageous statements that concern me. He is entitled to his opinions and they are often wrong!

BUT its the ridicule I am seeing in posts started, not from fans - but from his colleagues in the media.

Removing my bias Spurs Goggles - Here we have a man, by all accounts a pretty decent bloke, a husband, a father who has in the past had some pretty serious and well documented mental health issues and addiction issues.

the guy is fragile.

why the fudge do the media think it’s OK to jump on a tinkle take, ridiculing his comments? It encourages keyboard warriors to then pile in and take the tinkle with comments about his past.

We have seen it happen countless times before when people in the public eye come under the spotlight for whatever reason and then tragically take their own lives.

I seriously hope for his sake and the sake of his loved ones that he manages to remain grounded and in control.

I absolutely fudging detest the media in this country.
Worse thing is he is paid to comment them not backed by his employer
TBF his comments are daft and extreme but the6 are never nasty

He explained why he thought Arsenal would win comfortably.

The detail he got wrong is how few chances they convert.

He just can’t be neutral though.

Stupid question but I'm fine if Arsenal wins the league

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CwnF0THMjf3/?igshid=MmU2YjMzNjRlOQ==

This is more like it

f108336997119eec813fce2312146c8b.jpg

The character that Havertz showed in taking a penalty under such pressure at 2-0 up against 100% relegation fodder really shows the strength of team unity that Arteta and his team of toddlers has forged.

Worse thing is he is paid to comment them not backed by his employer
TBF his comments are daft and extreme but the6 are never nasty

Merson's a good bloke and like you say, he's never nasty - just biased. He's a Chelsea fan and played for the Gooners so he's bound to hate us. This is bloody entertainment so as long as he's not nasty, Merson-like bias is fine. Even if it's against us.

If Sky are happy to pay him, let him at it.

hahaha, exposed in CL by a side playing in CL for only the 2nd time in two decades.

Both Lens goals were good btw, worth a watch

hahaha, exposed in CL by a side playing in CL for only the 2nd time in two decades.

Both Lens goals were good btw, worth a watch

I watched in total maybe 25 mins on and off. The goals were indeed very good. Wonder if the wheels will fall off if they lose to Emirates Marketing Project (which sadly i don't see happening...)

I watched in total maybe 25 mins on and off. The goals were indeed very good. Wonder if the wheels will fall off if they lose to Emirates Marketing Project (which sadly i don't see happening...)

Hard one to call as both teams have injuries and suspensions to deal with. Emirates Marketing Project will be without De Bruyne and Rodri and potentially Bernardo Silva. Arsenal still don’t have Martinelli and Saka pulled up with an injury last night, definitely don’t see them winning if Saka isn’t involved.

Hard one to call as both teams have injuries and suspensions to deal with. Emirates Marketing Project will be without De Bruyne and Rodri and potentially Bernardo Silva. Arsenal still don’t have Martinelli and Saka pulled up with an injury last night, definitely don’t see them winning if Saka isn’t involved.
Hard to see them scoring until Saka is fit again.

Arsenal v Emirates Marketing Project: Are Gunners in better position to beat City and win Premier League title? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67005715

I find this article a little weird. The pro-Arsenal leaning is still there to see: I am truly staggered that they are STILL going on about the momentous 1-1 victory against City at Wembley as if it’s some sort of turning point. They’re trying to wax lyrical about the scum’s signings as having massively improved their squad (of the 4 signings discussed, I think that 1 is rubbish, 1 wasn’t needed and two represent improvements). However, (unless I missed it) it’s the first time in several years I’ve read an article about them without the prevailing narrative being their youthful youngliness. Indeed, I don’t think it’s even mentioned once.
Personally, I think that when City’s injuries come back into the squad they’ll steamroller everyone else and win the league at a canter. I also think that Liverpool will be the only side anywhere near them, sadly.

Arsenal v Emirates Marketing Project: Are Gunners in better position to beat City and win Premier League title? https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67005715

I find this article a little weird. The pro-Arsenal leaning is still there to see: I am truly staggered that they are STILL going on about the momentous 1-1 victory against City at Wembley as if it’s some sort of turning point. They’re trying to wax lyrical about the scum’s signings as having massively improved their squad (of the 4 signings discussed, I think that 1 is rubbish, 1 wasn’t needed and two represent improvements). However, (unless I missed it) it’s the first time in several years I’ve read an article about them without the prevailing narrative being their youthful youngliness. Indeed, I don’t think it’s even mentioned once.
Personally, I think that when City’s injuries come back into the squad they’ll steamroller everyone else and win the league at a canter. I also think that Liverpool will be the only side anywhere near them, sadly.
Agree with you on most of that. But, I won't be surprised if Arsenal beat City on Sunday, but that's not because Arsenal have become so much better (I don't think they're any better than last year, and last year they were extremely lucky), but simply because City look a bit out of form. They're not really flowing like they can atm. Several key players are injured, and other look out of form.
And if Arsenal win, they'll claim they've taken a massive step and they'll celebrate it like they've won the league.

Back