• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Agree with you on most of that. But, I won't be surprised if Arsenal beat City on Sunday, but that's not because Arsenal have become so much better (I don't think they're any better than last year, and last year they were extremely lucky), but simply because City look a bit out of form. They're not really flowing like they can atm. Several key players are injured, and other look out of form.
And if Arsenal win, they'll claim they've taken a massive step and they'll celebrate it like they've won the league.
I wish I was out of form and top of the table.:)

Didn’t we do that last season?

We had the same amount of points at this stage last season. I don't remember our positions or even the fact that our results were that good. We then lost to Arsenal (who opened a proper gap at the top) and won the next two, leaving us on 23 points after 10 games. Should be doable.

Agree with you on most of that. But, I won't be surprised if Arsenal beat City on Sunday, but that's not because Arsenal have become so much better (I don't think they're any better than last year, and last year they were extremely lucky), but simply because City look a bit out of form. They're not really flowing like they can atm. Several key players are injured, and other look out of form.
And if Arsenal win, they'll claim they've taken a massive step and they'll celebrate it like they've won the league.

I'd be massively surprised if arsenal won.

I'd be massively delighted if we won and Arsenal and City drew.

Won't be a walkover though. Gotta respect Luton at home in their bandbox.

But Come On You Mighty Muvverluvvin' Spurs! Let's Go!!!!

Cue the Arsenal are going to win the league comments...

City should win it again as they have the best team but I’m not sure their squad is any better than last season. They’ve not replaced Gundogan who scored big goals for them in big games. Arsenal on the other hand do look just as good as last year, if not stronger.

City should win it again as they have the best team but I’m not sure their squad is any better than last season. They’ve not replaced Gundogan who scored big goals for them in big games. Arsenal on the other hand do look just as good as last year, if not stronger.
They lost 15 important, key goals when he went

City have lost their last 2 league games and still only 2 points off top says a lot really. They are a second half of the season team. They will win it.

Pochettino also released his book after we finished second, and we never really reached those heights again (apart from the CL final loss).

I can live with a sinilar trajectory for Lego man and Arse, although I will be bricking myself if they reach the CL final.

Back