• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

they made up twice that in half
the time in 2013

long way to go

If we are 15 points ahead on the final day, I *still* wouldn't rule out some sort of cosmic satire where Alli gets caught overdosing on some PED milkshake behind a dumpster after the game and we get deducted all those points while Arsenal get four points for a win to acknowledge Wenger's 'services to football' or something.

Nothing, *nothing* is to be said yet. Nothing.

If we are 15 points ahead on the final day, I *still* wouldn't rule out some sort of cosmic satire where Alli gets caught overdosing on some PED milkshake behind a dumpster after the game and we get deducted all those points while Arsenal get four points for a win to acknowledge Wenger's 'services to football' or something.

Nothing, *nothing* is to be said yet. Nothing.
I genuinely don't care about finishing above Arsenal mate. In seasons past they were the team to catch because they were competing for the position we needed/wanted. Doesn't feel like that anymore, even if they finish above us my only concern is finishing top 3 with a points total of close to 80 and winning the cup if possible. That for me is progress, if we finish with 72 points and Arsenal 71, we are 4th and they are 5th I am not sure that is progress in terms of our goal of winning the title. If however, they finished on 82 and us on 81 I would see that as progress because we have moved our points total to a new level.

I genuinely don't care about finishing above Arsenal mate. In seasons past they were the team to catch because they were competing for the position we needed/wanted. Doesn't feel like that anymore, even if they finish above us my only concern is finishing top 3 with a points total of close to 80 and winning the cup if possible. That for me is progress, if we finish with 72 points and Arsenal 71, we are 4th and they are 5th I am not sure that is progress in terms of our goal of winning the title. If however, they finished on 82 and us on 81 I would see that as progress because we have moved our points total to a new level.

indeed, i was always more concerned at them getting a CL place off of us, I didn't give a toss last season

This.

The only team I want to finish above is Chelsea

Checked out this on the tube just now, from the last NLD at Scumbury, look at the very first chance in the game, Carrick almost going all the way, even going around Lehmann (that clam). brick! Would've been an incredible goal.

Polar opposites in their team between then and now, they had heart, fight and belief and a fairly harmonized group of players, they have none of that now

It feels to me like they have given up on wenger, if they were a club in relegation trouble you would clearly say the players were not playing for the manager. If Chamberlians comments were true about wanting to leave because of old training methods, I really think this will be Wengers last season.

Oh, I agree - I would be happy with absolute progress regardless of our finish in the table - 73 points or more would be success in my book. But I think it would be pretty sweet if we could finish above them at least once before Wenger is beaten to death live on ArsenalFanTV after yet another false dawn. It's also a sort of mental hangup that I think we have to get over - consciously or otherwise, I'm convinced such things do eat away at our collective psyche.

I do care about finishing above them. I think breaking that hoodoo would be an important milestone psychologically for the club, the fans and the players. Also as far as status goes, we would definitely be a more attractive suitor to Europe's top young talent.

So I think finishing in the top 3 and above Arsenal are both huge for us.

it's a hoodoo now but there will come a time where we have two decades on top, then it will flip again, that's the way it's always been

Oh, I agree - I would be happy with absolute progress regardless of our finish in the table - 73 points or more would be success in my book. But I think it would be pretty sweet if we could finish above them at least once before Wenger is beaten to death live on ArsenalFanTV after yet another false dawn. It's also a sort of mental hangup that I think we have to get over - consciously or otherwise, I'm convinced such things do eat away at our collective psyche.
73 points would not represent a great difference to where we have been for the last 5 seasons or so. Achieving 80 or more is a new level imo.

73 points would not represent a great difference to where we have been for the last 5 seasons or so. Achieving 80 or more is a new level imo.

It's absolute progress. Way I see it, if you subscribe to the idea that absolute points totals are what matter (as I do), then *any* improvement on 72 points represents a successful season - unless of course we've had investment to a level that allows us to expect more than just continual progress (a certain points target, for example, like 80 points or so)... which I don't think we've received.

I do care about finishing above them. I think breaking that hoodoo would be an important milestone psychologically for the club, the fans and the players. Also as far as status goes, we would definitely be a more attractive suitor to Europe's top young talent.

So I think finishing in the top 3 and above Arsenal are both huge for us.
Disagree. It's more for the fans than anything else. Finishing above them does not mean anything in terms of likelihood of further success. Achieving 80 points and/ or winning the FA cup are far more important milestones.

It's absolute progress. Way I see it, if you subscribe to the idea that absolute points totals are what matter (as I do), then *any* improvement on 72 points represents a successful season - unless of course we've had investment to a level that allows us to expect more than just continual progress (a certain points target, for example, like 80 points or so)... which I don't think we've received.
Achieving those additional 10 points makes us serious title contenders. 70 or 73 points makes us only contenders for a champs league place. It's a mindset the club has to change if we are to win the damn thing.

Last edited:
Checked out this on the tube just now, from the last NLD at Scumbury, look at the very first chance in the game, Carrick almost going all the way, even going around Lehmann (that clam). brick! Would've been an incredible goal.

11 years ago. Still raw. Spurs leading, rightly so, and they can bring on Henry off the bench... just as the commentator says "...and if Ar.senil don't equalise you can't see them qualifying through the league..... Adebayor.... Henry!!!!"

Mother Fu.cker

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/4907024.stm

Back