• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I feel sorry for most football fans, they have lost touch with the game and now only want results. Don't get me wrong I want my team to win, but it's not the reason I started going to football in the 50's, I loved the game win, lose or draw, got almost 30 years pleasure playing with the same attitude. Modern fans don't seem to have that feel for the game they take their lead from the media and become obsessed with personalities and results. I find the fans at non league football a much nice bunch of people and still able to see the funny side of the game rather than believing the trite Shankley quote.
I agree, I focused on what other people seem to think is the be all and end all, but the part of that piece that was depressing, was that their stadium has lost it's soul. I've watched brick football from Spurs for years, but the atmosphere was great. I prefer going to away games for that reason, and we hardly ever win. I'd never go to an arena concert because it can't replicate the feel of a small to mid size venue. I hate going to Wembley for anything. I just hope they've got it right for the new stadium, as they are making all the right noises, but it will be tough to pull it off.

I feel sorry for most football fans, they have lost touch with the game and now only want results. Don't get me wrong I want my team to win, but it's not the reason I started going to football in the 50's, I loved the game win, lose or draw, got almost 30 years pleasure playing with the same attitude. Modern fans don't seem to have that feel for the game they take their lead from the media and become obsessed with personalities and results. I find the fans at non league football a much nice bunch of people and still able to see the funny side of the game rather than believing the trite Shankley quote.

I can't dance with any of that i used to love the game and worked and played in it for most of my life, however my love for the game has been diminishing over the last decade or so. The only thing i love is Spurs and probably always will and they are inside me. The game nowadays is all about money, pundits who spew their rubbish on the box, bent agents, armchair supporters ( who think they know the game better then those that work in it), fans who bitch at the first misplaced pass and get hysterical when we make a mistake, blog writers with too much time on their hands telling us that the only way to understand the game is with stats and that they explain everything.

The problem the Goons have, is they are stuck in a near identical repetitive (unsuccessful) cycle. It's groundhog day for them and humans as a species do not deal well with it. (in this instance, usually it's change we don't deal well with)

Ironically they'd be better off doing a Saudi Sportswashing Machine. The despair, anger and heartbreak of the downs with the hope, elation and mayhem of the ups. It at least feels like you've been thru something. Left its mark.

I checked out of England the day McClaren was appointed, the same thing was happening. Qualifying....failing. Qualifying....failing. 12 odd years further on and ive probably saved a fortune and a heap of thought and effort as nothings changed.

Fans vented their feelings about Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger by displaying a 'Wenger Out' banner at a game between New Zealand and Fiji - more than 11,500 miles from Emirates Stadium. (Goal)

Is this the worlds first plastic demonstration?

Whatever the situation I will never want a scum win. (and if they ever wanted us to win, I would feel a bit sick)

I want their humiliation to be complete. They are down. And I want to put the boot in. I want them to take a generation to recover.

City have to play more teams in the top 6 than we do; if they can beat Arsenal on Sunday they will put Arsenal in a very poor position for the run-in; then they can drop points elsewhere like vs Chelski or Man Utd.

As long as we beat the likes of Burnley it wont hurt us too much

"Arsenal and Chile forward Alexis Sanchez, 28, said he is happy in London but added that he wanted to play for a team that has "a winning mentality".

Welcome to Hotspur Way.....What shirt number would you like?

If we beat Burnley and City beat Arsenal we'll be 12 points clear of Arsenal with 10 (arsenal) games remaining. I feel like it would go some way to finally ending the st totteringhams day hoodoo and I would take that situation right now.

However, if we drop points at Burnley I think I'll be supporting a draw all day.

I would love us to nab that Wilcot kid who played for the England youth team the other day, apparently he is refusing to sign a contract there and is out of contract in the summer, we would have to pay a fee as he is a youngster. But he looks like a real player and wenger does not like youth players anymore and Poch does. Would be a lovely way to cement the changing of the guards if we did that.

Back