• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Which can lead them to expressing themselves when there is no longer any pressure, and win 5-0, or them heading for the beach and lose 5-0. Who knows. Let's just pray it's the former!

If Brighton ever score 5 goals in a match I will walk on water.

By the way duffy and Dale Stephens are out in London on the tinkle most weeks. Duffy also has a couple of hundred grand of bookies debts so I have been told.

Why have we turned in to a sack of brick since January?! Liverpool’s players have played as many games but seem to actually put a shift in and don’t play brick. So frustrated that the team seems to have just given up and not bothered any more. Feel like there must be something going on behind the scenes.

I think its just tiredness. We sold Dembele in Jan and didnt replace him, so we're 1 short there. Plus we only have 6 players (plus Llorente, who barely counts) cover the 4 attacking positions in our 4-2-3-1 formation so a couple short there.

We've then had those shortfalls compounded by injuries in those positions where, for example, we would have coped better with injuries at right back.

i dont think its any more than that

So why are our players tired and yet Liverpool’s players aren’t. I call flimflam on that as an excuse. I’m in two minds whether we should tell Pochettino to go. I love what he has done for the club. The achievement of CL Semi Final is incredible but these league performances HAVE to be improved. We can’t be losing ten league games a season if we want to be getting to this new level. Perhaps this summer is when the club is ruthless. Get rid of all those who have been lazy, who blame tiredness as an excuse. They’re professional athletes. We pay them to play football. We pay a LOT. If they can’t turn up and put a shift in twice a week maybe they need to rethink their career path and decide if being a footballer is really what they should be doing. Right now I would love us to get CL football next season. I’d head out and run 8 miles a day between now and the end of the season if it meant us getting CL. Yet these players can’t play two matches a week. fudging jokers.

I think its just tiredness. We sold Dembele in Jan and didnt replace him, so we're 1 short there. Plus we only have 6 players (plus Llorente, who barely counts) cover the 4 attacking positions in our 4-2-3-1 formation so a couple short there.

We've then had those shortfalls compounded by injuries in those positions where, for example, we would have coped better with injuries at right back.

And injuries
Using pool as an example I can’t remember any first 11 player being out for more than 3 games
They also had virtually no one playing latter stages at World Cup so had FULL pre seasons and it show s

It's can' solely be down to tiredness though, other teams manage to keep going to the latter stages of CL/EL and put up a title challenge or get to the cup final etc. I think it's partially tiredness and partially mentality, we've seen over the last few years that there's been many big occasions where we've messed up and haven't been able to recover from it - particularly in the title chasing seasons where we just crumbled and couldn't regain any momentum.

And injuries
Using pool as an example I can’t remember any first 11 player being out for more than 3 games
They also had virtually no one playing latter stages at World Cup so had FULL pre seasons and it show s

I did say injuries as well, but its more that those injuries have been concentated in one position (CM) rather than spread out

Separately, whilst its unlikely, we could be sitting here tomorrow having qualified for the CL. Still cant believe we shot ourselves in the foot so badly today

I did say injuries as well, but its more that those injuries have been concentated in one position (CM) rather than spread out

Separately, whilst its unlikely, we could be sitting here tomorrow having qualified for the CL. Still cant believe we shot ourselves in the foot so badly today

Not just today though. If we had beaten West Ham, we would be there. If we had taken three points from the two away matches against Burnley and Southampton we would be there. Instead we’re looking desperate, like someone rooting down the sofa to find enough to get the bus to work as their car tax has expired after they ignored all the warning notices.

So why are our players tired and yet Liverpool’s players aren’t. I call flimflam on that as an excuse. I’m in two minds whether we should tell Pochettino to go. I love what he has done for the club. The achievement of CL Semi Final is incredible but these league performances HAVE to be improved. We can’t be losing ten league games a season if we want to be getting to this new level. Perhaps this summer is when the club is ruthless. Get rid of all those who have been lazy, who blame tiredness as an excuse. They’re professional athletes. We pay them to play football. We pay a LOT. If they can’t turn up and put a shift in twice a week maybe they need to rethink their career path and decide if being a footballer is really what they should be doing. Right now I would love us to get CL football next season. I’d head out and run 8 miles a day between now and the end of the season if it meant us getting CL. Yet these players can’t play two matches a week. fudging jokers.

Of course we shouldn’t tell Poch to go.

Yet another CL qualification in our own hands going into the final game, and in a CL semi-final.

I think Poch has earned our trust and faith.

Again, I don’t want to point fingers but we’ve managed to get ourselves into a situation where the players are shot mentally and physically and we have a small squad for the biggest game we’ve played in since 1962 partly because of a lack of investment. The club/manager/Levy or whoever clearly couldn’t identify just one player in our price range, or the manager didn’t like any of the options presented to him, or levy lowballed other clubs. Either way it’s a problem and some of you can’t accept that the policy at the very least needs to be looked then I’m not sure what else to say.

Of course we shouldn’t tell Poch to go.

Yet another CL qualification in our own hands going into the final game, and in a CL semi-final.

I think Poch has earned our trust and faith.

But he is ultimately the man who is tasked with getting his staff to perform and other than the Champions League, the performances are very rarely there. And yet he claims that even if we don’t get top 4 he will be proud of his players...I don’t see why that would be.

A slightly more positive way of looking at this:

We qualify for the CL if Arse win both at home to Brighton AND away at Burnley AND if we don't win at home to Everton (without Kane and Son)

[assumption being that we get at least a point against Everton, which takes Utd out of it]

Looks a little better that way, even if there is the horrible taste in the mouth about the way this season is petering out

What about Chelsea??

What about Chelsea??

To simplify it, I think Chelsea are nailed on for the top 4, and Man U the opposite.

Hopefully one of Man U or Arse will screw up tomorrow so that they cant finish above us - will simplify things.

Wednesday evening cant come soon enough

We need a win if arsenal win both games though

Yes, main hope for next weekend is that:

- Burnley has taken more points at home this season than Arsenal has away (23 vs 22)
- Chelsea has only just picked up more points away than Leicester has at home (29 vs 26)
- We've taken almost double the points at home than Everton has away (37 vs 19)

That said, would be bloody helpful if we could get a favour from Watford or Brighton (and Huddersfield ideally) tomorrow

Was a fudger us playing first this weekend. Better to be playing in the Europa this weekend. And last too.

Yet when we competing with Leicester a for the title Spurs fans were complaining that during the run-in that Leicester always seemed to be playing first which put the pressure on us. When we lose Spurs fans will always look for an excuse

Everton are in very good form at the moment, they are not the same team we hammered earlier in the season

Back