• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

Do we want Cardiff to win today to put pressure on Brighton tomorrow??? I think I do. And I HOPE the goons have a Thursday night/Sunday morning hangover.

We only need a point against Everton maybe, as I don't see Arsenal winning both their next games. It's looking a pretty inglorious end to the season though.

We only need a point against Everton maybe, as I don't see Arsenal winning both their next games. It's looking a pretty inglorious end to the season though.
It doesn’t matter what we need last game, there is still going to be pressure and expectation on us especially at home which we don’t tend to deal well with. Fingers crossed we get over the line, but is ridiculously poor it’s come to this....

There has to be a reasonable chance that EITHER Huddersfield (at home) or Brighton will nick a point tomorrow, which would remove 1 team from being able to finish above us...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can't see Huddersfield getting anything against Utd, home or otherwise.
The hope has to be on Brighton putting in another backs to the wall, everyone-stick-in-our-own-half-and-don't-let-them-score-and-if-we-get-the-ball-boot-it-wildly-upfield-with-no-real-intention-of-trying-to-score performance.

If there is any pressure on us at all we will crumble.

Spur5y after all these years.
Less so than we used to. Else we wouldn't be in the semi-finals of the Champions League, especially the way that campaign has transpired.

I desperately wish that Spurs fans wouldn't use that adjective. As though it is somehow funny to use our name as a negative. It merely helps to validate its broader use and allows it to perniciously embed in people's minds when we should be doing all we can to elevate our name and protect it.
If the supporters won't, who will?
No football team can be relied upon, as our lads have helped show in recent weeks. Supporters are meant to be the backbone. Not some supine, craven wimps who sniggeringly denigrate their club or team, and maybe try and laugh it off as being ironic, or a defence mechanism, if ever challenged.
Makes me sick.

Less so than we used to. Else we wouldn't be in the semi-finals of the Champions League, especially the way that campaign has transpired.

I desperately wish that Spurs fans wouldn't use that adjective. As though it is somehow funny to use our name as a negative. It merely helps to validate its broader use and allows it to perniciously embed in people's minds when we should be doing all we can to elevate our name and protect it.
No football team can be relied upon, as our lads have helped show in recent weeks. Supporters are meant to be the backbone. Not some supine, craven wimps who sniggeringly denigrate their club or team, and maybe try and laugh it off as being ironic, or a defence mechanism, if ever challenged.
Makes me sick.

Excellent.

So it’s the fans fault.

Makes me sick.

People will stop saying s p u r s y when we stop fecking up good positions so spectacularly and start winning things. You literally couldn’t write some the scenarios we manage to create for ourselves, losing 5-1 to a relegated Saudi Sportswashing Machine with 10 men for example.

The results have literally gone perfectly for us recently and yet we STILL have to look over our shoulder and hope the other teams continue to fudge it up.

My worry is arsenal are surely due an away win at some point? Yes they’re poo away from home but that can’t continue forever. United surely won’t blow it against Huddersfield and Cardiff.

Back