• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

The being brave comment had nothing to do with youth and everything to do with signings.

His record with young players is no better or worse than the rest of the top 6 clubs

I honestly don’t know what he meant by it, I would be surprised though if he thought Levy would change the approach to recruitment.

True, but we need it to be better, it’s a way we can mitigate some of the resource differentiation.

Beat Ajax away for a Champions League final, then beat Everton at home for 3rd/4th place.

I'd have taken that at the start of the season. Forget about everything that's gone on this season, our task is those 2 games. Very do-able.

however its not the start of the season. based on current form and unavailability, i think that's quite unachievable now.
i don't know which is more difficult - winning the champions league or qualifying for top 4 now. but not getting either is a possibility that i am preparing myself for.

Different situation, Leicester were in form, all the top four chasing teams are out of form. This gives Arsenal a boost. If Arsenal had had to go first this weekend, Brighton wouldn't have known they were safe and I would have backed Arse to fudge up.

Maybe it's difficult for you, to see any kind of grey.

Sorry, that is some serious clutching

If we had won first last week or this week it would have been done and dusted, no more of a pressure release than that.

Sorry, that is some serious clutching

If we had won first last week or this week it would have been done and dusted, no more of a pressure release than that.

If they had played first and lost we would have felt less pressure, it’s not rocket science is it? They would have lost at Leicester whatever. That was always going to be a loss for them in my book. You are just venting your anger by saying Spurs are pathetic, blah, blah, blah. You’re not the only one. It was just a passing comment, not a total exoneration of the team. I stand by it having an effect but not being the only effect. Not even a major one.

If they had played first and lost we would have felt less pressure, it’s not rocket science is it? They would have lost at Leicester whatever. That was always going to be a loss for them in my book. You are just venting your anger by saying Spurs are pathetic, blah, blah, blah. You’re not the only one. It was just a passing comment, not a total exoneration of the team. I stand by it having an effect but not being the only effect. Not even a major one.

We have collapsed under next to no pressure, so forgive me in thinking the order of the fixtures plays little or no part in it.

10 points in 33 is pathetic

We have collapsed under next to no pressure, so forgive me in thinking the order of the fixtures plays little or no part in it.

10 points in 33 is pathetic

It really is. It's probably the worst run under Poch. The only thing I'm consoling myself with is that we're losing by just one goal each time (bar Chelsea) and some performances have been decent. We're not getting much in the way of luck right now and that's got to turn at some stage.

Wednesday would be a great place for that to happen.

Beat Ajax away for a Champions League final, then beat Everton at home for 3rd/4th place.

I'd have taken that at the start of the season. Forget about everything that's gone on this season, our task is those 2 games. Very do-able.

Exactly. Most people were quite upbeat after our defeat to Ajax. We'll have Son and Sissoko ready for that game. And we'll have 11 men against Everton. We played well up until we were 9 against Bournemouth, and even competed well with 9 men.

I do understand the negativity though. Yes, we should've recruited more and better players, but we didn't, and now it doesn't really help to focus on that. We have who we have, and they're fighters and can do a job. Ajax will be tough, but it's doable, Everton even more so. Up the Spurs!

Back