• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Football Games Thread.

Re: *** Official Video Game Thread ***

People say pro evo is back....... It really isn't, still the same old crap as the last few years.

So I assembled my bronze ultimate team over the weekend and got off to a good start in that level online tourney. I built a squad of nothing but Belgians for good chemistry and I'm quite happy with my pace on the wings. Didn't hurt that my first two opponents were slide tackling machines who would miss 90% of the time.

229341_10151040651441073_582229285_n.jpg

I know Sandro was at the olympics when the players were getting their head scans or whatever, but seriously? At least the commentators say his name now.

Been playing today and notice the same old FIFA traits when you pkay the CPU! You have bout 6 or 7 shots, they block 5 and keeper miraculously saves the rest... They break, first shot, GOAL!.... Switch off, breathe.... Start again

229341_10151040651441073_582229285_n.jpg

I know Sandro was at the olympics when the players were getting their head scans or whatever, but seriously? At least the commentators say his name now.

Theres pictures of Vertonghen getting his head scanned, and yet he has some brick generic one!

Theres a reason why EA were voted the worst company in the US last year

Theres pictures of Vertonghen getting his head scanned, and yet he has some brick generic one!

Theres a reason why EA were voted the worst company in the US last year

I find that EA and ActiVision are both equally brick. But really, EA is worse than Bank of America or some other corporation that had a hand in the instigating the recession? I think it was just a bunch of immature gamers flooding the vote because they didn't like the way Mass Effect 3 ended.

Honorable mentions: Lennon's oddly-slick hair, Huddlefro, EA giving up on figuring out Benny's hair style.

I find that EA and ActiVision are both equally brick. But really, EA is worse than Bank of America or some other corporation that had a hand in the instigating the recession? I think it was just a bunch of immature gamers flooding the vote because they didn't like the way Mass Effect 3 ended.

Honorable mentions: Lennon's oddly-slick hair, Huddlefro, EA giving up on figuring out Benny's hair style.

To be fair, they haven't got anything on Codemasters or Blizzards security breaches. Like you say, protest vote from the interweb saavy game fans surely.

Its fair to say i've been playing absolutely brick on FIFA Ultimate Team the last few days...literally haven't won since maybe monday...So i scrapped my french team, and have gone with this...

w8uz3m.png

Its fair to say i've been playing absolutely brick on FIFA Ultimate Team the last few days...literally haven't won since maybe monday...So i scrapped my french team, and have gone with this...

w8uz3m.png

That's why pes is so much better you actually have to work for decent players not just pay real money or just delete a team play a few games and have a team of world beaters. FIFA really is for kids and people who just want best NOW.

That's why pes is so much better you actually have to work for decent players not just pay real money or just delete a team play a few games and have a team of world beaters. FIFA really is for kids and people who just want best NOW.

you have to work for decent players on fifa too...i havent spent a penny on that team

Team chemistry is so important, and often understated, in FIFA. Without it the play is a lot slower and uncoordinated.

ive not spent a dime on UT so far this year, worked hard and this is currently my Prem team:

.......................BERBATOV........CISSE........................
........RUIZ.............................................DEMBELE......
.......................GRANERO........SANDRO......................
FABIO...........HEITENGA........VERTONGHEN....BOSINGWA
..............................JULIO CESAR.................................

Not the best team but it wins me matches with my style of play. Not the best defences, could do with better full backs and a better centre half to partner Vertonghen most definitely. Looking to get perhaps Richards at right back and maybe Gibbs or someone at left back, Kaboul to partner Vertonghen due to his pace.

I'm eventually hoping to convert Dembele from CAM all the way down to DM to partner Sandro, Dembele is seriously the best player in this game. Ruiz is class, a little slow though, but real good. Cisse is rapid and Berbatov is silky.

Dembele is good at most things bar shooting, some of his shots have been woeful for me :(

I seem to be the best shooter in the game. I can score from anywhere. Sandro has been putting them in the top corner anywhere between 5 to 35 yards.

Getting increasingly frustrated and tinkled off with the ineptitude of EA FIFA servers! Again, I'm part way through a game and winning 5-2 when the game decides to freeze, as if a substitution is being made and then the whole thing is stuck and the only way out is to switch the console off. When I load the game back up, what happens? I'm told that 'I' QUIT!! NO! There should be a way for the system to identify that I didn't quit as the sanction for quitting is that I lose the three points which I was going to collect, lose the relevant fixture and so struggle to secure enough points for promotion in the Ultimate Team league format and the percentage of coins that I earn from games is reduced... how is any of that fair? Particularly when I forked out for the game and have paid for some FIFA points so that I could build a good Ultimate Team.

Back