• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - manager

Who is the best manager that Spurs have had in the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We will disagree then. If you are judging Modric on 8 games ( and i am not sure he played in all of them) then there is nothing much i can say to that.

If you're saying Harry had nothing to do with Modric turning into a great player for us, there is not much I can say to that.

If you're saying Harry had nothing to do with Modric turning into a great player for us, there is not much I can say to that.

Modric was a player before he even came here ( captain of his country i believe), like most players from other countries they find it hard at first ( quite a bit longer then the 8 games you gave him). And " rent a quote "playing him out off position for as long as he did held him back as well.

But as i say we will agree to disagree.

redknapp is certainly in the conversation, we were certs for relegation when he took over, the team was broken, he had us in the CL QF's three years later, he built on the groundwork done by Jol and left a (bloated but effective) squad for AVB to then build on further, ultimately he probably underachieved with what he had but he still did a hell of a job for us

Like him or loathe him there's no getting away from the fact Harry's sides produced some of the most exhilarating football seen at WHL since the mid 80s.

redknapp is certainly in the conversation, we were certs for relegation when he took over, the team was broken, he had us in the CL QF's three years later, he built on the groundwork done by Jol and left a (bloated but effective) squad for AVB to then build on further, ultimately he probably underachieved with what he had but he still did a hell of a job for us
And the football was exciting. I never liked him, though I did enjoy him being here. Funny, innit?

Redknapp never had a bad season for us, unlike AVB's second season, where we were playing some terrible stuff and getting smashed up by the likes of West Ham at home iirc. He also took us to the 1/4 finals of the Champions League in his one and only crack at it.

Poch has been great so far. For me he is number 1. Jol did a good job too.

I'd go:

1. Poch
2. Redknapp
3. Jol
4. AVB

the rest aren't worth mentioning.

AVB, Redknapp and Poch. Ramos was the last one to win us a title. I would pick Juande Ramos. Arsenal were scared everytime we came up against them!!

Like him or loathe him there's no getting away from the fact Harry's sides produced some of the most exhilarating football seen at WHL since the mid 80s.

this, i can't stand the guy and have spent plenty of time over the years on here talking about him in a negative sense but even still i think he is easily worthy of inclusion in the poll - and if it weren't for Pochettino id probably make him favorite to win it. i think anyone saying he's not worth inclusion is letting their bias get the better of them

Agree that there are only three gaffers worth considering. The team we've picked looks great, I imagine being the coach for these players all you'd have to tell them is to run around a bit and we'd trash the other team. None of our coaches stand out significantly in my mind when it comes to achievements.

Who brought me the most joy? Who had the most charisma, character and humor? I actually started to support spurs by coincidence at the same time as he was appointed.

I love Martin Jol.

Do we agree that Jol, Redknapp and Poch should be on the shortlist? Or do people feel strongly that AVB, Graham and/or Ramos should be included?

Do we agree that Jol, Redknapp and Poch should be on the shortlist? Or do people feel strongly that AVB, Graham and/or Ramos should be included?

Well seeing as " rent a quote" ( who won nothing) is being included the mangers who did ( Graham and Ramos) should as well.

I voted for Jol, the difference in our club on the day he arrived compared to the one on the day he left was enormous, others took steps forward after him (not forgetting that it's incrementally harder too) and achieved loftier goals but they all built on his major groundwork.

Oh, and he has brothers called dingdong and rooster.

I have gone for Jol as well ( i have no doubt that Poch will takes us further eventually), but MJ took us away from mid-table struggles and built the foundation for where we are now.

Jol for me as well. The feel good factor surrounding him is still with me, after all the years of despair.

Back