• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - manager

Who is the best manager that Spurs have had in the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
We've chosen this side

577d70a7b41f7.jpg

and now we need to pick someone to manager them.

Usual drill. Have a chat about who you think is best. A poll will be added when it looks like we have a few to pick between.

It's not a 4-4-2 so it already discounts 2 of our PL managers who would just get confused.

I think with the selection we have he ought to be able to make a 4-4-2, Bale could even make it a wobbly in a free role.

I think Ossie should manage this team. He can push Modric forward for a Famous Five.

Poch is clearly the absolute standout. Highest league finish since 1989-90 season, our only genuine title tilt since the early 60s, and the only time in the EPL era we've had an identify and the whole fan base has been united round a common vision and purpose.

Honourables to Jol (a good guy who made real progress) and Ramos (the 2008 LC win was the biggest highlight of this 24 year period)

But for me Poch is already pushing Burkinshaw and Rowe for the title of our second greatest manager of all time, let alone the EPL era.

Jol started our rise from mid-table obscurity so he should get a mention, but it has to be Poch because of what he has done to get us out of the nearly ( top four) men.

Poch is clearly the absolute standout. Highest league finish since 1989-90 season, our only genuine title tilt since the early 60s, and the only time in the EPL era we've had an identify and the whole fan base has been united round a common vision and purpose.

Honourables to Jol (a good guy who made real progress) and Ramos (the 2008 LC win was the biggest highlight of this 24 year period)

But for me Poch is already pushing Burkinshaw and Rowe for the title of our second greatest manager of all time, let alone the EPL era.

I get why you think Poch is the best but you can't just airbrush out Redknapp no matter how much you dislike him. He punched through the top 4 glass ceiling which at the time didn't look possible unless you had mega-millions to spend.
AVB record points haul still worthy of a footnote in this discussion despite the dreadful football of season 2.

I get why you think Poch is the best but you can't just airbrush out Redknapp no matter how much you dislike him. He punched through the top 4 glass ceiling which at the time didn't look possible unless you had mega-millions to spend.

Or lucked out by Comolli's squad maturing at the right time, good at liberating talented players, but never more than the sum of our parts, and was short-termist/unsustainable (no investment in the foundations/youth)

Or lucked out by Comolli's squad maturing at the right time, good at liberating talented players, but never more than the sum of our parts, and was short-termist/unsustainable (no investment in the foundations/youth)
Significantly less than the sum of our parts IMO.

Back