• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of all time - right back

Who is the best right back to play for Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
too far back for me to have seen play, but from what I've read he was left sided

Thought I'd read he was left half for Wales and right half for Spurs push and run team? Think he's actually classed as a midfielder, but he'd probably play more like walker in the modern day teams (or indeed Rose if he was mainly left sided for Spurs).

Steve Perryman for me. As has been noted, he played several positions for us and was excellent in them all. I'm going to vote for him as a full-back because I'm worried he might be squeezed out of our midfield... and a best 11 just wouldn't make sense without him (as captain too).

I'm quite torn on this. I discussed this with the old man on Saturday at the game and we went back and forth on both full back positions. In the end we ended up with Perryman, on the basis that neither of us would have him in one of the midfield positions, and he was actually a very effective RB.

A close second was Kinnear, more so because of my dad than me but you cannot argue with the record. 9 years at Spurs and winning trophies. Not many of our list have managed that.

I ruled out Carr for non-footballing reasons really. I disliked the way he left, and I don't want ****s like that in our best ever team. Besides, would we have thought he was such an amazing player if our team was a lot better? Easy to look great in that brick team.

Welcome to the board @quo

Yes welcome! Please declare if you are pro or anti the following please and we will class and process you accordingly:

1. Poch;
2. Dembele;
3. Lamela;
4. Eriksen;
5. Mason;
6. Dier - is he a holding midfielder or not;
7. Levy;
8. AVB;
9. Sherwood; and
10. Redknapp.

Yes welcome! Please declare if you are pro or anti the following please and we will class and process you accordingly:

1. Poch;
2. Dembele;
3. Lamela;
4. Eriksen;
5. Mason;
6. Dier - is he a holding midfielder or not;
7. Levy;
8. AVB;
9. Sherwood; and
10. Redknapp.

You forgot Walker.

Not being overly old, I'd be inclined to go from Walker - I think he's massively underrated. I might be showing my lack of footballing knowledge on a worldwide scale, but I can't remember watching many European games over the last year and thinking we could do with player x at RB. Yeah he's not perfect but he's definitely reducing the number of silly mistakes he makes and can't see any real weaknesses. Are there many obviously better Rbs in Europe right now? If there are I haven't seen them....

Walker is better now because he is not bombing forward as much. Hence, he is not getting caught out of position so badly, which was one of his worst faults. Still has brain snaps though.

Back