• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of all time - centre forward

Who was the second best centre forward to play for Spurs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Berbatov?
27 league goals in 2 seasons. What the fudge is he doing up there.
Gary Mabbutt has the same number of goals.

Harry Kane has 36 in less than 2 years but of course isn't eligible.

As expected, Greaves winning by a mile. Even those voting only for players they have seen are making him an exception.

The one horse race leaves the runner-up spot rather a lottery. Currently a tie between Keane and Berbatov. I'm thinking I should have used my vote tactically to try and influence the back-up choice, although that would have meant making a decision and the second choice is a far more difficult one.

Only one winner as far as I am concerned at that is Jimmy, he was the best I have seen for putting the ball in the net.

We have been lucky to have had a couple of great CF though.

Chivers , for about 18 months during his time here he was probably the best in Europe sadly injurys got hold of him and he struggled to be the same.

Lineker was up there with the best as well and I never relised what a great player he was until we signed him, being able to watch him play every week was a eye opener for me as his movement off the ball was first class and his work rate was excellent as well.

Gilly, he was ( along with Jones) the best header of a ball I have seen in a Spurs shirt and his flicks into space made so many goals for both Greaves and Chivers.

Archibald, Another one who was top class but for some reason he never got accolades he deserved, I remember Hoddle once saying that he knew Archi would be in space without having to look as he never stopped moving.

As expected, Greaves winning by a mile. Even those voting only for players they have seen are making him an exception.

The one horse race leaves the runner-up spot rather a lottery. Currently a tie between Keane and Berbatov. I'm thinking I should have used my vote tactically to try and influence the back-up choice, although that would have meant making a decision and the second choice is a far more difficult one.

Runner up is meaningless. Anyone that doesn't think Greaves is the best striker in the history of Spurs opinion is invalid.

Yeah - some people probably need to vote for Chivers or Smith now to make sure there's not an anomaly on the bench

my old man would rave about the things he saw greaves and gilzean do,i will defer to his experience

Okay then, how are we going to work out the subs bench? How many? Which positional players, which players?

We'll rerun this poll for our second choice striker and then pick from them and our other runners up for the bench. We'll choose a manager too but that will be another foregone conclusion.

We'll rerun this poll for our second choice striker and then pick from them and our other runners up for the bench. We'll choose a manager too but that will be another foregone conclusion.

not sure about that, ive seen the odd negative AVB post over the last couple of years

Okay then, how are we going to work out the subs bench? How many? Which positional players, which players?

So far it's

--------------------Lloris
Kinnear--Norman---England--Henry
-------Blanchflower---Modric
--Ardiles-----Sheringham--Waddle
--------------------TBC

So far it's

--------------------TBC

Are you sure about Norman and England? Mabbutt and Mackay were equal second and had a run-off vote for the second CB spot, but as Mackay is already a starter, it would be 4th and 5th choices for the reserve CBs. I guessed they were the choices when I put together my graphic of the team, but the original vote wasn't kept.

Ardiles and Waddle tied for the right, iirc, but as Waddle was also runner up on the left I gave it to Ardiles.

GG-GreatestTeam.svg

So far it's

--------------------TBC

or

Ditchburn
Norman
England
Henry
Kinnear
Blanchflower
Ardilles
Waddle
Gilzean
Dyson
Chivers

(which to my mind, is a better team than the one that got picked)

Are you sure about Norman and England? Mabbutt and Mackay were equal second and had a run-off vote for the second CB spot, but as Mackay is already a starter, it would be 4th and 5th choices for the reserve CBs. I guessed they were the choices when I put together my graphic of the team, but the original vote wasn't kept.

Ardiles and Waddle tied for the right, iirc, but as Waddle was also runner up on the left I gave it to Ardiles.

GG-GreatestTeam.svg

I think they were the next highest, but am not sure

Back