• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I dont love him. I have spent years calling him a d*ck who plays ugly football.

But people are having a go at him for things that arent really wrong.

The guy is an attention seeker. But with a full squad no European football and a couple of signings I think we will do well next year.

If saying a player needs to do more is throwing them under the bus then I just cant argue with you people.

You have become so unreasonable that you have made me look like a Mourinho fan when I'm not. Just on a very even keel unlike some of you. Must be my stem cell therapy
I’m actually with DFL here. The effort that Ndombele was putting in would be an insult to £2k a week, let alone £200k. He does need to do more, and quickly, otherwise he’ll waste his obvious talent.

The dental issue stuff seems very, very legit as a contributory reason to poor form. I still think Mourinho is fudging it up with his handling of this talent. If he hounds him out, it will only add to my "love" of the man's "methods"...
Sounds like a poor made up excuse to me. His effort on the pitch has been laughable.... well laughable for fans of other clubs, enraging for us.

I agree with some of this and not others, the idea that it doesn't really matter how a player performs in his first year with us is a worry, to me it just means we keep on buying players with a weak meteorology. I understand it is harder for younger players but with the resources we have available there should be enough work going on to help players settle in every aspect (apart from the weather cause that's obviously going to be brick).

On the dental side of things, wasn't it fairly well publicised that Stevie G had a load of fitness issues and eventually it was found that a troublesome tooth was the root of it? Presumably that's a huge simplification but without wanting to go too new age-y, everything is connected bodywise so it's not always immediately evident what's causing the issue..

Indeed. I remember that.

Funny to see people so willing to ignore the possibilities of medicine/a medical condition being a cause here. Call me naive but if his displays were simply down to being 'lazy' or a 'porker' I think it would be far more obvious.

I’m actually with DFL here. The effort that Ndombele was putting in would be an insult to £2k a week, let alone £200k. He does need to do more, and quickly, otherwise he’ll waste his obvious talent.

We will agree that he needs to do more. Why he has not thus far is the big question. FWIW why is Sessegnon avoiding similar criticism? He has been largely atrocious.

We will agree that he needs to do more. Why he has not thus far is the big question. FWIW why is Sessegnon avoiding similar criticism? He has been largely atrocious.
Because one is a kid in most people’s eyes with very little experience
The other is at his third club, is a dull international for the World Cup holders and has played CL football too
People then ignore the ages when looking at the fees

Because one is a kid in most people’s eyes with very little experience
The other is at his third club, is a dull international for the World Cup holders and has played CL football too
People then ignore the ages when looking at the fees
Ndombele did not even play in a professional structure until 2014. Sess had been part of Fulham since 2008 i.e. around the ways in which a professional football club operates. I would counter that Sess has had far more experience in both professional football and specifically the Prem than Ndombele. I think Prem is a key point.

To be clear, I think both will come good and that both have been very unfortunate in that they arrived for one thing and got served another.

The eagerness to write Ndombele off is baffling to me. Unless I am wrong, and he is genuinely a clown shoe, then he simply needs a specific type of handling to bring the best out of him. And boy, is there a player in there!

Ndombele did not even play in a professional structure until 2014. Sess had been part of Fulham since 2008 i.e. around the ways in which a professional football club operates. I would counter that Sess has had far more experience in both professional football and specifically the Prem than Ndombele. I think Prem is a key point.

To be clear, I think both will come good and that both have been very unfortunate in that they arrived for one thing and got served another.

The eagerness to write Ndombele off is baffling to me. Unless I am wrong, and he is genuinely a clown shoe, then he simply needs a specific type of handling to bring the best out of him. And boy, is there a player in there!
The guys got all two talent
Just needs to sort his head out
I think that’s where the frustration comes
And of course if your not playing well you can still work hard

Indeed. I remember that.

Funny to see people so willing to ignore the possibilities of medicine/a medical condition being a cause here. Call me naive but if his displays were simply down to being 'lazy' or a 'porker' I think it would be far more obvious.

Obviously it's crazy to write him off completely but I get the big concern from times where there is no defense whatsoever (for example, no one has doctored that 45 second clip against Wolves where it's just painful to watch...). In an odd way I sure do hope there's some medical condition that's the cause as there's no cure for being pigeon hearted as far as I know. I've said this before but we don't have the right kind of players to cater for his current deficiencies, and let's face it, when you spend this kind of money on a player you shouldn't have to be catering for anything in such a way.

Indeed. I remember that.

When a player can't be bothered to run off the ball but runs when on it it's pretty clear to me that the issue is not 'dental'.... unless it was just a single character mistype?!?

I am yet to see Sessegnon ambling about off the ball as though it's not his job to try to make himself available to receive it or not his job to try to help win it back.

I find it inexplicable that anyone would try to excuse Ndombele's clear lack of effort. There is no excuse for it. It is clear that he has bags of ability. As much as any Spurs player I have seen for a long, long while. I don't think anyone is writing him off. I think that people are just saying that if he cannot be bothered to do more than stand around waiting for the ball then he won't make it at Spurs.

When a player can't be bothered to run off the ball but runs when on it it's pretty clear to me that the issue is not 'dental'.... unless it was just a single character mistype?!?

Unlike you mate I don't know all the facts.
Again, I won't commit to the "100% lazy bastard" thread until I know more. You might be right. But you might not be.

I find it inexplicable that anyone would try to excuse Ndombele's clear lack of effort. There is no excuse for it. It is clear that he has bags of ability. As much as any Spurs player I have seen for a long, long while. I don't think anyone is writing him off. I think that people are just saying that if he cannot be bothered to do more than stand around waiting for the ball then he won't make it at Spurs.

I have tried to explain a few times. Let me try once more, just for the record.
Yes, his lack of movement has, at times, been baffling to me.
I wonder if he has been carrying a persistent medical issue?
I also wonder if his mentality needs both more work and a specific type of handling?
I also don't think that every player is "the same" in those regards. As I'm sure you don't.
Something does not add up. IF he was simply a fat lazy tosser, then it tells me that we have an atrocious scouting dept who have royally failed to indentify an easily-spotted flaw.
I believe he was seen as a rough diamond who needed work in key areas (fitness too!) and that Poch had identified himself as willing and able to develop him into what he could be. Add Poch's sacking to Ndombele's own relative lack of experience and I think we might be closer to the answer. My explanation. Again, I know no more than you.

I also wonder if his meteorology needs both more work and a specific type of handling?
I also don't think that every player is "the same" in those regards. As I'm sure you don't.
Something does not add up. IF he was simply a fat lazy tosser, then it tells me that we have an atrocious scouting dept who have royally failed to indentify an easily-spotted flaw.
I believe he was seen as a rough diamond who needed work in key areas (fitness too!) and that Poch had identified himself as willing and able to develop him into what he could be. Add Poch's sacking to Ndombele's own relative lack of experience and I think we might be closer to the answer. My explanation. Again, I know no more than you.

Read somewhere this week that he has had teeth problems.

dental/mouth issues can cause health issues, what are the medical team doing ? didn't they check & test all the players every morning ? even a basic temperature test tells you there is a problem devolping, we have French speakers at the club who can talk to him to find out if and health probelms
surely players are tested every morning before they start training ?

I also wonder if his meteorology needs both more work and a specific type of handling?
The problem is that he seems able to run completely normally when on the ball but gets up to no more than slow walking pace off of it. I'm not sure he is fat (I very much doubt he is). He is very clearly lazy on the pitch. That may not be because he is actually a 'lazy' person. In fact he probably isn't, the odds are very much against a lazy person making it into top level sport. So we do have to get to the reason. It could be an injury, but I can't think of an injury that allows you to perform normally when on the ball and suddenly be injured when off of it?

My own personal belief is that the underlying reason for the laziness is that he is an absolute pansy when it comes to physical contact. It looks to me as though he is hiding so that he doesn't have to put in a tackle or receive the ball and perhaps get tackled. The problem is that the opposition now seem to know that all it takes is one reasonably aggressive challenge and Ndombele is then out of the game.

dental/mouth issues can cause health issues, what are the medical team doing ? didn't they check & test all the players every morning ? even a basic temperature test tells you there is a problem devolping, we have French speakers at the club who can talk to him to find out if and health probelms
surely players are tested every morning before they start training ?

I don't think the suggestion is that he has a normal tooth ache and no one has noticed.

Not saying the story is correct but wisdom teeth issues often cause pain elsewhere in the mouth and other parts of the body which make it hard to locate the source of the problems, so in theory it is not out of the question that 1) a dental problem has been hard to detect or 2) dental problems are contributing to general fatigue

Back