• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

The French bloke on The Guardian Football Weekly kind of laid into Jose for what he said about NDomd. He compared Jose to how Klopp talked about Lovren when he hooked him after 36 minutes against u s(when we could actually beat them) and also what he said about Dier after he hooked him against Olympiakos. It starts about 32 minutes into the podcast if anyone can be bothered to listen.

The French bloke on The Guardian Football Weekly kind of laid into Jose for what he said about NDomd. He compared Jose to how Klopp talked about Lovren when he hooked him after 36 minutes against u s(when we could actually beat them) and also what he said about Dier after he hooked him against Olympiakos. It starts about 32 minutes into the podcast if anyone can be bothered to listen.
Philipe Auclair?
Got it lined up for a drive tomo

Thanks Bedford, that is very interesting to watch.
I do 99% agree that Ndombele should be making small sprints to open up gaps and receive the ball, but it almost looks like Ndombele just wants the ball whilst he is marked i.e. just give it to feet, I will hold off this guy, turn the other guy and we'll be in. There is no point me running 20 yards towards you, just fire it into me and I'll do the rest.

Strange situation. But surely Ndombele needs to realise he needs to run a bit, he isn't going to be the first player in history that doesn't need to run a bit.

I do 99% agree that Ndombele should be making small sprints to open up gaps and receive the ball, but it almost looks like Ndombele just wants the ball whilst he is marked i.e. just give it to feet, I will hold off this guy, turn the other guy and we'll be in. There is no point me running 20 yards towards you, just fire it into me and I'll do the rest.

Strange situation. But surely Ndombele needs to realise he needs to run a bit, he isn't going to be the first player in history that doesn't need to run a bit.
Like Carragher said the guy doesn’t lose the ball
That’s what we brought him for, and his excellent passing too
Bit even being overweight with pneumonia I could cover more ground than him...
If, the BIG IF, we can get his work rate rate the £60m would be a bargain

The problem though is that he isn't creating the angle to get the pass so the other players cant pass to him. It's not about him getting himself unmarked, it's about creating angles for a pass.

Like Carragher said the guy doesn’t lose the ball
That’s what we bought him for, and his excellent passing too
Bit even being overweight with pneumonia I could cover more ground than him...
If, the BIG IF, we can get his work rate rate the £60m would be a bargain

Which brings us nicely on to the $64,000 question:

In publicly calling him out the way he did, has Jose just killed off all hope of transforming Ndombele's off-the-ball application or has he actually made it that much more likely? Or is this simply a case of the leopard that cannot change his spots?

Either way it seems Jose decided he has nothing to lose so he might as well go for it.

Which brings us nicely on to the $64,000 question:

In publicly calling him out the way he did, has Jose just killed off all hope of transforming Ndombele's off-the-ball application or has he actually made it that much more likely? Or is this simply a case of the leopard that cannot change his spots?

Either way it seems Jose decided he has nothing to lose so he might as well go for it.
No idea
But Jose is best placed to make that call

What's all this calling him out nonsense. The guy said it as it is. Without doubt he has been doing it behind closed doors and it has had no impact.

Now bringing it out front. Tottenham have been missing a manager like this, it is why we always crumble in semi finals.

I need TP for my bunghole Jose.

There's been plenty further evidence of this in matches when i have watched him live at games. And that is also not including the impression (or reality) of him wanting to duck out of games.

It must be a case of Jose trying to help him, work out the riddle BUT its become painful trying to get him to take steps in the right direction. Jose is at the end of his tether with it and so Jose, does what Jose does. FWIW im ok with it.

Mourinho's mates he made at Sky now refuse to criticise him.
We all know NDombele performances havent been up to it but the Manager publicly hanging him out to dry isn't gonna help.
That's the issue.

If it was Redknapp joking that his wife would have scored Darren Bent's miss no one would be defending Redknapp's man management.

What's all this calling him out nonsense. The guy said it as it is. Without doubt he has been doing it behind closed doors and it has had no impact.

Now bringing it out front. Tottenham have been missing a manager like this, it is why we always crumble in semi finals.

I need TP for my bunghole Jose.

"Without doubt he has been doing it behind closed doors and it has had no impact."

So Mourinho has failed at man management and coaching and this is a last straw?
And that's somehow laudable?
Do we expect Levy to ship out all the players that don't suit his weird methods and get in 11 masochists instead that respond to being told how brick they are.

He is getting paid 20m to manage. He should try to manage.

We got back into the game with a 2 man midfield of Lo Celso and Dier

Yeah. Because GLC is playing well and has shown he can do that. My point was, was it a good decision to put Ndombele in a 2 man midfield. At this stage I’d say unlikely.

However - I’m not defending Ndom. If you didn’t catch Carragher on MNF then it’s worth a watch (it’s on his Twitter feed). It pretty much sums up Ndom at the moment.

Yeah. Because GLC is playing well and has shown he can do that. My point was, was it a good decision to put Ndombele in a 2 man midfield. At this stage I’d say unlikely.

However - I’m not defending Ndom. If you didn’t catch Carragher on MNF then it’s worth a watch (it’s on his Twitter feed). It pretty much sums up Ndom at the moment.

@Bedfordspurs Just seen above you’ve covered the Carra piece.

This is a good point. If anyone caught much of him in French football they’d notice that he was so sure of his ability he would take it anywhere and in any tight positions. I actually think that suits him as the tighter the defender, the more chance he has of slipping them.

Compare that to Winks who has to create 5 to 10 yards to receive it because he then needs a half turn or full turn for the next pass.

There is however some middle ground. Ndom can still ask for it to feet when tight, but seriously needs to play with a bit more gusto when we don’t have the ball.

"Without doubt he has been doing it behind closed doors and it has had no impact."

So Mourinho has failed at man management and coaching and this is a last straw?
And that's somehow laudable?
Do we expect Levy to ship out all the players that don't suit his weird methods and get in 11 masochists instead that respond to being told how brick they are.

He is getting paid 20m to manage. He should try to manage.
Plenty of players Pochettino didn't manage to get the best out of either. That's the case with every manager. Surely the standard can't be that Mourinho has to succeed with every player, or even one particular player?

Back