• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Sky we’re reporting Barca as interested last night, and his agent as saying he’s “considering his future.” Would be a shame if he went as there is definitely a player in there (possibly two, as I think he might have eaten one of the U21s).

Sky we’re reporting Barca as interested last night, and his agent as saying he’s “considering his future.” Would be a shame if he went as there is definitely a player in there (possibly two, as I think he might have eaten one of the U21s).

If Barca want him, he's probably going to want to go regardless of whether he had a good or bad season. The question is, do they want him badly enough to pay our price?

Of course, holding out for a high fee may just unsettle him more, but honestly, I don't really care if we do upset him. I'd care if he ran around, care if he tried - I will defend Gio pretty relentlessly regardless of his actual output, because he gives a crap and tries his heart out.

Given that Ndombele has yet to do those things, I couldn't be fussed if we decided to stick a high price on him and not budge. If Barca pay it, great. If Barca don't pay it, it's his own choice - either shape up, actually run around and show the fans you care, or get dumped into the U21s and end up playing for Southampton two years from now.

If Barca want him, he's probably going to want to go regardless of whether he had a good or bad season. The question is, do they want him badly enough to pay our price?

Of course, holding out for a high fee may just unsettle him more, but honestly, I don't really care if we do upset him. I'd care if he ran around, care if he tried - I will defend Gio pretty relentlessly regardless of his actual output, because he gives a crap and tries his heart out.

Given that Ndombele has yet to do those things, I couldn't be fussed if we decided to stick a high price on him and not budge. If Barca pay it, great. If Barca don't pay it, it's his own choice - either shape up, actually run around and show the fans you care, or get dumped into the U21s and end up playing for Southampton two years from now.
It’s the same papers that were quoting his Instagram post saying nothing to see here or similar
It’s a slow news day in sport again
Barcelona don’t want him and I don’t believe we want to sell now

Who knows what will happen but as always i will not put much faith in anything i read/hear from sporting media. But overall i also think its FAR to early to say he has been /is a poor buy. We have just had the worst season we have had for a while and he is not the only player who has looked of the pace/form in our squad.

It always amazes me that some fans can make judgements on players during their first season ( especially those who come from abroad) and add to that the clusterfudge of a season we have had. I hope he stays and will give him a little more time before making a judgement on him.

Who knows what will happen but as always i will not put much faith in anything i read/hear from sporting media. But overall i also think its FAR to early to say he has been /is a poor buy. We have just had the worst season we have had for a while and he is not the only player who has looked of the pace/form in our squad.

It always amazes me that some fans can make judgements on players during their first season ( especially those who come from abroad) and add to that the clusterfudge of a season we have had. I hope he stays and will give him a little more time before making a judgement on him.
I think it’s fair to make a judgement on a first season, especially for a record transfer
But similarly it’s up to us as fans to consider our needs to change our views too as players will change as they adapt, and also develop

I think it’s fair to make a judgement on a first season, especially for a record transfer
But similarly it’s up to us as fans to consider our needs to change our views too as players will change as they adapt, and also develop

For me it depends on what kind of judgement they make, if the say he has had a poor season? that is fine, but i have heard fans say, he is a waste of space, lazy, bottlejob etc etc. Usually finished with he will never make it so we should sell him.

Now (IMO) that is a kneejerk reaction and should be seen as just that, now i am not saying i have read that on here but the criticisms of him ( on here) are over the top on occasions. But as they say Stop! Hammer time.

Some players who move and play in a new country struggle with adapting ( some more so then others) not only with the pace of our game but also settling in to a new country. Will he be a great player here? well who knows as he may have decided that he can not settle and wants out, but as i said earlier i tend to give most players who come into our game a bit of leeway before judging him, some do not.

For me it depends on what kind of judgement they make, if the say he has had a poor season? that is fine, but i have heard fans say, he is a waste of space, lazy, bottlejob etc etc. Usually finished with he will never make it so we should sell him.

Now (IMO) that is a kneejerk reaction and should be seen as just that, now i am not saying i have read that on here but the criticisms of him ( on here) are over the top on occasions. But as they say Stop! Hammer time.

Some players who move and play in a new country struggle with adapting ( some more so then others) not only with the pace of our game but also settling in to a new country. Will he be a great player here? well who knows as he may have decided that he can not settle and wants out, but as i said earlier i tend to give most players who come into our game a bit of leeway before judging him, some do not.
I think if he actually made more effort he would get more slack

Back