• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/summer-transfer-window-wrap-01092012.page

The summer transfer window has finally drawn to a close and Andre Villas-Boas offers us an overview of our activity during this period.

Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson and Eredivisie Player of the Year Jan Vertonghen were first to arrive early in July, followed by the return of Emmanuel Adebayor, our top scorer last season, on a permanent basis. This week has seen a further three additions to our ranks in the form of France captain Hugo Lloris and Fulham duo Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey.

Sebastien Bassong, Vedran Corluka, Niko Kranjcar, Luka Modric, Ryan Nelsen, Steven Pienaar, Louis Saha, David Button, Giovani dos Santos and Rafael van der Vaart departed the Club this summer and we wish them all well for the future.

“I believe we have some fantastic attacking options following our summer transfer activity, which strengthen us in respect of what I like to describe as forwards and strikers. Our signings offer us really good combinations,” our Head Coach reflected.

“Mousa Dembele offers real creativity and his versatility was a key reason why we signed him. His tremendous skill and technical ability are fascinating and adds the right mix to our midfielders’ characteristics.

“Clint Dempsey also provides us with tremendous versatility and he has produced magnificent performances for Fulham with 36 goals over the past two seasons and that shows just what a prolific and powerful player he is.

“The additions we have made in midfield coupled with the existing players we have in this position gives us exceptional cover in this department, which resulted in us being prepared to release Rafael van der Vaart.

“In our preparation for the future we have decided to further strengthen our goalkeeping department and we have now added Hugo Lloris, a world-class goalkeeper and French national team captain.

“This has been a busy transfer window and I cannot praise highly enough the efforts the Club made to sign Joao Moutinho. I have said all along that this was never an easy transfer and as such we never had enormous expectations of getting this deal across the line.
“I believe the window was a good one for us. I am satisfied that we have the flair, creativity and strength in depth across all areas to make significant strides this season. The most important thing now is to get on with playing football and winning games.”

so it transpires we really did go all out to land Moutinho. All praise to DL for this effort. Shame it didnt materialise, but from AVB's comments, THFC could do no more to land him.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

We're skint, We're skint, We're skint, We're skint, We're skint
We signed Clint cos we're skint
We're skint, We're skint, We're skint

If we were skint we would have done a Liverpool and signed noone...

Joe Allen for 15m isn't exactly noone.. :p

Haha true, I was thinking more in relation to deadline day though - Dempsey was the one they wanted yet they bid a measley £3m!

We seem to be forgetting we spent on Verts/Sig/Ade aswell, all in all over £50m spent this window....

Hopefully it will shut up the stupid comments about SSN making stuff up to 'make a show'

Idiots

You'd hope so...

At least with this confirmation we know that we have some good money available for January should we find the right player to strengthen our squad.

Some astute signings, many with sell on value when it comes to that time (as seems inevitable with us). Shame we could not close a deal for any of the big players we are linked with, but perhaps the big lesson is we are not yet able to compete on that level. Lets hope Levy was right to appoint AVB to ensure we get to the level Harry was apparently unable to.

Hopefully it will shut up the stupid comments about SSN making stuff up to 'make a show'

Idiots

Why?

It says we were trying to sign him, but were they really party to all the agree a fee, haven't agreed a fee, hitch with player terms, deal on, deal off, renewed interest, twists and turns?

Anyway, today I prepare to join my husband for a new life in Portugal, where we are in the final moments of setting up our own Sports Managment business.... and breaking free from the big boys to move into new offices on September 10th.

Yippeeeeee...EXCITED!!

Enjoy the season guys.. no more of me until I return for a month in January, where I will be working from my London base.. Home.

feeling a lot better since my outrage yesterday, especially with the new Lennon deal. Dempsey will get us goals, we will tie up a marquee signing in january, let the good times roll

Silly question perhaps, but is there anything stopping Spurs & Porto from agreeing a deal for Joao Moutinho to be transferred in the January 2013 window?

According to Pedro Pinto, Sporting are due 25% of any Moutinho fee. Of course Porto want to get the full buyout clause.

Pedro Pinto ‏@pedrocnn
Regarding Moutinho, apparently FCP wanted over €32 mill and Spurs only got up to 27. Also contract offered didn't please player.
Pedro Pinto ‏@pedrocnn
Issue was FCP would only get 75% of transfer fee, the other 25% would have gone to Sporting.

Back