• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes. There are not many places free agents can go...

:-k

Anyone who becomes a free agent after the window is closed cannot sign for another club until the next window, ie. Sol Campbell when he left Notts County. Russia haven't closed their window yet and can sign these players.

Anyone who becomes a free agent after the window is closed cannot sign for another club until the next window, ie. Sol Campbell when he left Notts County. Russia haven't closed their window yet and can sign these players.

Really? I did not know that rule.. I guess it's to stop people cheating the transfer window.

There's also that thing about not playing for three clubs in one year, which is conveniently ignored when it suits FIFA.

'We agreed player terms late but there were situations regarding the contract that were not right so we didn't complete the transfer,' Villas-Boas said.

'We have enough cover without him. Moutinho's transfer not happening should not overshadow the fact we have pulled off one of the biggest coups of the transfer market with Clint Dempsey, who is a player who can really help us to go one step further.'

'We agreed player terms late but there were situations regarding the contract that were not right so we didn't complete the transfer,' Villas-Boas said.

'We have enough cover without him. Moutinho's transfer not happening should not overshadow the fact we have pulled off one of the biggest coups of the transfer market with Clint Dempsey, who is a player who can really help us to go one step further.'

Perhaps wouldn't have been such an issue had we agreed these terms with longer than 15 minutes of the window to go.

Wait so it's all Levy's fault that Levy, Moutinho and Porto couldn't agree terms?

8-[

Not assigning blame here, simply pointing out that a compromise is more likely to be reached if there is a bit more time for a deal to be negotiated.

Maybe we didn't get that far in the negotiations until the very end of the window? Porto had no reason to back down from their price with days or weeks remaining. The 'situations' could have something to do with third party ownership.

Maybe we didn't get that far in the negotiations until the very end of the window? Porto had no reason to back down from their price with days or weeks remaining. The 'situations' could have something to do with third party ownership.

They had no reason to back down at all.

It's not like Modric who was complaining and asking for a move.

Last edited:
Third party ownership has been mentioned in some reports as the source of the problem - along with problematic wage negotiations. Shame this couldn't happen but always chance in January. I do think a player of Mouthino's quality would have a very significant impact on how we play and that is why AVB was so committed to targeting him.

Agent_ITK @Agent_ITK 1h
Here is the big announcement to all 35,000 followers that I have on here. How many ITK calls did I get right? A he... twitplus.co.uk/t/Ro1

Here is the big announcement to all 35,000 followers that I have on here.
How many ITK calls did I get right? A hell of a lot more than I got wrong that is for sure! It is finally time for me to leave you all. I started this account to prove that ANYBODY could be an ITK and I could if I so wish get 10s of thousands of followers.
I was proved to be right.
I am somebody who decided to show the Spurs forum I frequent that anybody could be an ITK and could easily fool the public, much to my amusement it was easier than I thought.
What I didn't realise is that I would be used as a "source" for The BBC, Talksport, LBC, Radio London, The Daily Mail, The Sun, The Star, Sky Sports News and even The Independent. I was even mentioned on TV channels in Ireland, Australia, Spain and Fox in the USA.
I am not an ITK yet as some of you will no doubt say you released you still followed, like sheep being led to the slaughter. My every word was hung on and retweeted and retweeted, only getting the arse when the news I was telling you wasn't what you wanted to hear.
Some of the abuse that I have put up with is shocking, although it is always mainly from numptys will a small **** who are probably afraid to go out after dark.
I have left many hints over the last year of what I was doing, yet about 3 of you ever clocked this.
I will not apologise, as I was proved right anybody as usual! Anbody can call themselves ITK and get away with it. Within 4 weeks of starting this account I had 5,000 followers! SHEEP, baaaa, baaaa.
If I was you I would unfollow @backpage, anybody with "mole" in their name, @FouthOfficial_ is a complete fraud, @POTL, @JJetset, @AFCAMDEN, basically anybody that is telling you things that THEY think you want to hear!
Good Luck to you all, I think you'll need it. Baaa, baaaa...

I love it lol :ross:

I have left many hints over the last year of what I was doing, yet about 3 of you ever clocked this.

:ross:

He probably believes that himself.

Wait so it's all Levy's fault that Levy, Moutinho and Porto couldn't agree terms?

8-[

To be fair mate, you'd have expected the due diligence to have been scouted ages ago, you'd have expected us to know a third party would be involved, you'd have expected us to know how Joorchabian works and you've expected Daniel to have got it done earlier knowing it could be tough. I have defended him often, and will probably continue to do so in many areas, but on this one it is my humble opinion that he royally fudged it. Letting VdV go for 10 mill sonly a great deal if you have his replacement/a replacement of equal or better quality in the bag. When he was sold I assumed this to be the case. Sadly, I was wrong.

In theory, we have enough numbers for AVB's 4-3-3 ie 5 players for each of the 3 plus 1 kid:

mid: Parker, Sandro, Thudd, Dembele, Siggy. Kids: Carrol and Liverbore
forwards: Lennon, Bale, Dempsey, Defoe, Adebayor. Kind: Townsend

The problem is that there are so many additions that it'll time time for players to gel plus Defoe isnt suited to 4-3-3 and it doesnt appear that AVB likes Thudd

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/summer-transfer-window-wrap-01092012.page

The summer transfer window has finally drawn to a close and Andre Villas-Boas offers us an overview of our activity during this period.

Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson and Eredivisie Player of the Year Jan Vertonghen were first to arrive early in July, followed by the return of Emmanuel Adebayor, our top scorer last season, on a permanent basis. This week has seen a further three additions to our ranks in the form of France captain Hugo Lloris and Fulham duo Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey.

Sebastien Bassong, Vedran Corluka, Niko Kranjcar, Luka Modric, Ryan Nelsen, Steven Pienaar, Louis Saha, David Button, Giovani dos Santos and Rafael van der Vaart departed the Club this summer and we wish them all well for the future.

“I believe we have some fantastic attacking options following our summer transfer activity, which strengthen us in respect of what I like to describe as forwards and strikers. Our signings offer us really good combinations,” our Head Coach reflected.

“Mousa Dembele offers real creativity and his versatility was a key reason why we signed him. His tremendous skill and technical ability are fascinating and adds the right mix to our midfielders’ characteristics.

“Clint Dempsey also provides us with tremendous versatility and he has produced magnificent performances for Fulham with 36 goals over the past two seasons and that shows just what a prolific and powerful player he is.

“The additions we have made in midfield coupled with the existing players we have in this position gives us exceptional cover in this department, which resulted in us being prepared to release Rafael van der Vaart.

“In our preparation for the future we have decided to further strengthen our goalkeeping department and we have now added Hugo Lloris, a world-class goalkeeper and French national team captain.

“This has been a busy transfer window and I cannot praise highly enough the efforts the Club made to sign Joao Moutinho. I have said all along that this was never an easy transfer and as such we never had enormous expectations of getting this deal across the line.

“I believe the window was a good one for us. I am satisfied that we have the flair, creativity and strength in depth across all areas to make significant strides this season. The most important thing now is to get on with playing football and winning games.”

Signed Donna Cullen

Back