• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

At least though if Bale or Lennon are out we do still have creative players in Demsey, Siggy and Dembele, last season we didnt really have anything...

Sure like I say mate it'll take til Lennon is out for us to see how we fare without him under the new gaffer but my initial view is not a happy one.

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Sure like I say mate it'll take til Lennon is out for us to see how we fare without him under the new gaffer but my initial view is not a happy one.

At least we have better cover for him then we used to.

We're skint, We're skint, We're skint, We're skint, We're skint
We signed Clint cos we're skint
We're skint, We're skint, We're skint

All in all a good window. We got rid of Modric and VDV who, for different reasons, wanted out.

AVB obviously has his own ideas ad targets. It would be a massive mistake to full overfaul the squad this window remembering we already have to bed it a new goalkeeper, defender, 2 possibly 3 midfielders.

Imho if we can get the team shape and style sorted we can keep adding 2/3 players every window. There is no point getting 10 players in at one time.

Personally i dont mind we dont have a great deal of cover in places, the season doesnt get that busy until jan when the FA cup, league cup later rounds, UEFA cup knckout are all feature. We do, however, need to get a few in during the jan window.

I agree. And the key point here, IMO, is that AVB now has time to really focus on the squad, what it needs, who he wants to come in...

This summer has been such a "rush job" but we now have a foundation from which he can more strategically build

I suspect Lennon's not going to be an automatic first choice any more so we will find out fairly soon.

Not sure how you would achieve that.

Force all the teams who have players 3rd party owned to buy them out?

Yay lets screw up some clubs finances!...
Do some people just type to talk brick? There is a way around anything if people agree. You just change the rule to outlaw it in future purchases and eventually it will disappear.

I agree. And the key point here, IMO, is that AVB now has time to really focus on the squad, what it needs, who he wants to come in...

This summer has been such a "rush job" but we now have a foundation from which he can more strategically build

I agree too. All in all a good window. Lets hope it is the foundation of something great at the football club and we can move on to greater heights in the future.

Do some people just type to talk brick? There is a way around anything if people agree. You just change the rule to outlaw it in future purchases and eventually it will disappear.

'If people agree'

It's very rare that the people in the greater position will agree to anything. In fact, why would they want to? They have an advantage?

FFP might force it through, but FFP is a bit of a wet sponge overall.

Edit: And yes. You do type to talk brick. A lot by the look of yesterday and today.

80million pound war chest haha
Anyway bring on fudging Norwich!!

Spursalot; said:
Edit: And yes. You do type to talk brick. A lot by the look of yesterday and today.

And so it continues. No point in responding. You must feel good that you could retort in such a witty way ;)

And so it continues. No point in responding. You must feel good that you could retort in such a witty way ;)

You were the one that asked. I just answered. :p

Edit: I do find it amusing that you turn all 'no point in responding' when i post a reply to a thinly veiled insult.. Can dish it out but can't take it? I'll remember that..

You were the one that asked. I just answered. :p

Edit: I do find it amusing that you turn all 'no point in responding' when i post a reply to a thinly veiled insult.. Can dish it out but can't take it? I'll remember that..
You responded to a thinly veiled insult with one of your own. There is no point in carrying it on so i stopped. So I can take it as you put it, otherwise I would be arguing back. But what's the point. I just want to debate things.

I think unilateral rules in a union is a good thing in sport. Its where FFP is heading so why nof also player ownership.

But what your initial reply failed to take on board was that my initial comment also said that if we can't all agree to get rid of 3rd party ownership then we should all have it to level the field. This would not bankrupt anyone and would make European football more level.

You responded to a thinly veiled insult with one of your own. There is no point in carrying it on so i stopped. So I can take it as you put it, otherwise I would be arguing back. But what's the point. I just want to debate things.

I think unilateral rules in a union is a good thing in sport. Its where FFP is heading so why nof also player ownership.

But what your initial reply failed to take on board was that my initial comment also said that if we can't all agree to get rid of 3rd party ownership then we should all have it to level the field. This would not bankrupt anyone and would make European football more level.

If insults are going to stop discussions don't start with them in the first place? :p

Unilateral rules would be a good thing, I just can't see them coming in any time soon. It takes footballing governments absolutely ages to get anything done, and there will be complaints and protests and appeals and the like from all countries who are doing it..

perhaps in five years.. but that would also lead to five years with players who have been contracted on third party deals. It would get worse before it got better, as If you gave them a deadline for no more third party deals everyone would try to get lots done beforehand...

Does Tom Huddletone still play for us?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/summer-transfer-window-wrap-01092012.page

The summer transfer window has finally drawn to a close and Andre Villas-Boas offers us an overview of our activity during this period.

Iceland international Gylfi Sigurdsson and Eredivisie Player of the Year Jan Vertonghen were first to arrive early in July, followed by the return of Emmanuel Adebayor, our top scorer last season, on a permanent basis. This week has seen a further three additions to our ranks in the form of France captain Hugo Lloris and Fulham duo Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey.

Sebastien Bassong, Vedran Corluka, Niko Kranjcar, Luka Modric, Ryan Nelsen, Steven Pienaar, Louis Saha, David Button, Giovani dos Santos and Rafael van der Vaart departed the Club this summer and we wish them all well for the future.

“I believe we have some fantastic attacking options following our summer transfer activity, which strengthen us in respect of what I like to describe as forwards and strikers. Our signings offer us really good combinations,” our Head Coach reflected.

“Mousa Dembele offers real creativity and his versatility was a key reason why we signed him. His tremendous skill and technical ability are fascinating and adds the right mix to our midfielders’ characteristics.

“Clint Dempsey also provides us with tremendous versatility and he has produced magnificent performances for Fulham with 36 goals over the past two seasons and that shows just what a prolific and powerful player he is.

“The additions we have made in midfield coupled with the existing players we have in this position gives us exceptional cover in this department, which resulted in us being prepared to release Rafael van der Vaart.

“In our preparation for the future we have decided to further strengthen our goalkeeping department and we have now added Hugo Lloris, a world-class goalkeeper and French national team captain.

“This has been a busy transfer window and I cannot praise highly enough the efforts the Club made to sign Joao Moutinho. I have said all along that this was never an easy transfer and as such we never had enormous expectations of getting this deal across the line.

“I believe the window was a good one for us. I am satisfied that we have the flair, creativity and strength in depth across all areas to make significant strides this season. The most important thing now is to get on with playing football and winning games.”

I like AVB. A lot. I feel sorry for him a little with the windows activity, but I hope he is okay with it and everything works out.

I do worry how he will deal being dumped with 4 goalkeepers. Being dumped with Jenas and bentley with no intention of playing them

Back