• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Problem for us is that I reckon Porto wouldn't budge on the asking price being the release clause until August 30th and that left us very little time to get it over the line

Re: Summer transfer thread, do NOT believe everything SSN "understand" #Levytime

Problem for us is that I reckon Porto wouldn't budge on the asking price being the release clause until August 30th and that left us very little time to get it over the line

Then we should have done the same with Modric

I think that is just an excuse. You can't expect other clubs to lower the fee for us, just like we won't sell our players cheap to others. I think we should have used all the money we got from the Modric sale to sign Moutinho. I don't think we badly needed to sign Dembele. But we badly needed to replace Modric which we didn't. I think if we do badly this season, the failure to replace Modric will be one of the key reasons.

Embarassingly, some media in Asia are reporting we have actually signed Moutinho. I think everyone were convinced we would sign Moutinho. They might not be aware of our ability to snatch failures from the jaws of success, on and off the field. Thanks Levy for yet another player we nearly signed !

Jeez chaps at least give the new signings a chance before slating the fudge out of them, Dembele has become a quality player, just look at the way he run the show at OT last saturday, this proves he has balls, skills, tekkers too and as for Dempsey he scored 20 goals last season, only Rooney and RVP scored more in the PL, he will be this years Parker, so many people slating him then look at how well he performed during the season

I know they werent the Kaka's and Benzema's that you all wanted but be realistic about who we actually are as a club, were good but not that good..

Get behind the team, support everybody and lets start the season today with 3 points COYS !!!!

I think that is just an excuse. You can't expect other clubs to lower the fee for us, just like we won't sell our players cheap to others. I think we should have used all the money we got from the Modric sale to sign Moutinho. I don't think we badly needed to sign Dembele. But we badly needed to replace Modric which we didn't. I think if we do badly this season, the failure to replace Modric will be one of the key reasons.

Embarassingly, some media in Asia are reporting we have actually signed Moutinho. I think everyone were convinced we would sign Moutinho. They might not be aware of our ability to snatch failures from the jaws of success, on and off the field. Thanks Levy for yet another player we nearly signed !

It's not an excuse it's the cold hard reality of being a club with a 36,000 capacity stadium with a big squad going into the summer having missed out on CL football.

Anyway Moutinho was an icing on the cake signing - was unlikely to happen great if it did- we always had to work on other deals incase it didn't and stocked up well in other areas

Jeez chaps at least give the new signings a chance before slating the fudge out of them, Dembele has become a quality player, just look at the way he run the show at OT last saturday, this proves he has balls, skills, tekkers too and as for Dempsey he scored 20 goals last season, only Rooney and RVP scored more in the PL, he will be this years Parker, so many people slating him then look at how well he performed during the season

I know they werent the Kaka's and Benzema's that you all wanted but be realistic about who we actually are as a club, were good but not that good..

Get behind the team, support everybody and lets start the season today with 3 points COYS !!!!

=D>

The melodrama from some here is really uncalled for.

We're not some oil money funded rich man's plaything, there will be players we try to sign that we don't end up getting.

We have brought in some very good players this transfer window.

I would have been satisfied with the signings if only wanted us to fight for 4th place. But I wanted us to fight for title as AVB as mentioned when he signed. Just can't see the players we signed making us fight for title.

I would have been satisfied with the signings if only wanted us to fight for 4th place. But I wanted us to fight for title as AVB as mentioned when he signed. Just can't see the players we signed making us fight for title.

4th place and a CL spot again is the first target, we 100% have the squad to be able to do this

Really annoyed we sold Modric and VDV without getting their proper replacement. I still don't understand why we need a 4th goalie, however good he was. Our squad looks very unbalanced now, with 4 goalkeepers and only 2 recognised strikers. This transfer window has shown that we will need a new chairman if we want to go to that next level, which is fighting for the league title. Levy will always keep us a rich club but can't see him make us fight for league title. The way he puts salary cap and drags transfer dealings means we won't ever get any top player we want.

I am not convinced Levy was serious about signing Moutinho for the record fee. If he was, we would have bid long time ago, not wait until the last day of transfer window. Porto are not that stupid to let go their star player without time to get his replacement, especially after the draw for CL group stage. I am sure Moutinho were also influenced by the CL group draw. We should have atleast bid for him before the CL draw if we were serious about getting him.

Poor AVB. After the way he failed at Chelsea, he needs to prove his managerial capability. But don't think he has signed any player he wanted at Spurs. Now, he has to rely on the players available and the new signings to step up their game and perform consistently.

1. We sold Modric because he was desperate to leave and because he was likely to be poison within the camp if head been forced to stay, against his will, for a second season in succession. We were never going to be able to replace him with a player who had all his qualities for the simple reason that there are only a handful of such players in the world.

2. We bought Lloris because he is already one of the best keepers in the world and all our other keeper options are either on their last legs or unlikely to get more chances at Spurs (Gomes). It's not often that a club like Spurs will get the chance to sign one of the best players in his position in the world for comparatively little money. So regardless of whether or not we desperately needed a new keeper right now, Lloris is an outstanding signing.

3. No chairman in the world would have Spurs regularly fighting for the title on our budget. I'd go as far as to say that very few chairman in the world would have us competing at as high a level as we do. There can no doubt that we punch far above our weight.

4. There is no specific salary cap. Please disabuse yourself of the notion. There is a salary budget. And without a strictly observed salary budget, Spurs would soon get themselves into financial difficulties.

4. The way Levy "drags transfer dealings" may frustrate us. It may sometimes be detrimental. But I wouldn't mind betting that, in the long run, it is what allows us to punch above our weight. Think about it.....if every incoming transfer cost, on average, £2m more than we actually paid, it's easy enough to see that we would have to sign far fewer players. So the squad would be even more unbalanced.

5. It takes two to tango. Levy might be difficult to deal with but so too are other chairmen. Internacional's, for instance. And Porto's.

6. You need to understand that some deals just can't be done until late in the transfer window. Selling clubs hold on for higher bids from elsewhere. If Porto were insisting on £30 million for Moutinho throughout the summer but then reduced heir demands in the final few days, then it is understandable that Spurs couldn't move on a deal any earlier. And besides, how do you know that we didn't bid multiple times for Moutinho in the months before deadline day?

7. AVB failed at his last club. He will count himself fortunate to have so soon been given another chance at another top Premier League club. He has a very talented squad to work with. Not "poor AVB" at all.

Work in progress.

Rome wasn't built in a day.

4th place and a CL spot again is the first target, we 100% have the squad to be able to do this

Hope we aim higher than that. We finished 4th last season. Why do we need a new manager and players to keep that 4th place. Surely, we should be targetting 3rd atleast this season.

Hope we aim higher than that. We finished 4th last season. Why do we need a new manager and players to keep that 4th place. Surely, we should be targetting 3rd atleast this season.

Im sure were aiming for 1st place, every manager should be, but realisitically United, Emirates Marketing Project & Chelsea are in pole position for the top 3 places

I see us in a straight fight for 4th with Arsenal, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine

We should have finished 3rd last season but the old manager blew it. So maybe really we should be targeting 2nd??

Didn't see Real Madrid interested in either player

Nor were they interested in the players signed by Chelsea, Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal and Man Utd.

And, seriously, you want to have a facetious moan because we're not Real Madrid................?

Back