• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dont exist...yet. There are many hours until the deadline.

His comments were "next few days" from what I saw on SSN. he also pulled the harry classic "it is wiith the chairman" so as to distance himself from further questions. Im sat at home and have had it on in the background much of the afternoon.

He also said that Kane is thought of very highly and they are looking to bring him through, suggestive to me we might not see two strikers coming in. If you take his comments at face value of course.

It is suggested he said we touched on few players but nothing concrete and will continue looking next week.

?

'We have touched on different players in that position [striker], but we have not been able to conclude a deal.
'Our focus and attention is towards that position, which we will try to sort out next week.'

It is suggested he said we touched on few players but nothing concrete and will continue looking next week.

?

Did you see it yourself? He certainly mentioned possibilities in the next few days. As I point out though, he quickly deferred to the chairman dealing with it line in an attempt to avoid questioning.

We cannot submit paperwork which doesn't exist

Anyway - AVB's comments posted further up are the most telling factor for me - roll on next week, this one is gone, lads

I know we dont really know whats been going on behind the scenes, but it is coming across as 'p#ss poor' management that we are starting the season with one senior striker in the squad.
I know Kyle Walker says on the OS in his interview that we're confident of a result at SJP. I'm certainly not

We've got no chance of getting Carrick back. One place where he isn't under rated is Man Utd, where he is recognized as one of their best players. I think he was voted POTY at redcafe. When he was at Spurs many of our fans vastly under rated him, but he was our most important player. Some fans just can't seem to rate non dynamic footballers. We still see it with Huddlestone. it should be obvious to every Spurs fan that we are simply better with him in the team, yet we still see about 40% of our fans complaining about him. If they'd never heard of Pirlo and we signed him, without his reputation to protect him, I bet the same fans who dont' rate Carrick and Huddlestone would moan about how slow Pirlo is etc.

What I loved about Carrick was that he was such a tidy, energy efficient player. Great positioning and quick, neat passing. And he knew how to pass forwards as well (are you reading Jenas?).

If we can't handle or beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine with what we have then we have much bigger problems to worry about. It's one freaking game - I think between VDV, Bale, Sig and Defoe we should be able to put something together.

If we can't handle or beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine with what we have then we have much bigger problems to worry about. It's one freaking game - I think between VDV, Bale, Sig and Defoe we should be able to put something together.

Because they finished so far below us last season?

You sir, underestimate Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Back