• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who: The Goat
When: 2nd August
Where: SC

The Goat said: ↑
A few things........AVB wanted to see as much of the squad himself before making decisions on who should be brought in or let go so now they are back from the States it is likely activity will increase on both accounts.

Ade is more complicated than been reported on here in that other clubs are sounding out his agent and City so its by no means a done deal.

Modric will be let go, but only at the price Levy thinks is right, PSG are closer to that than Real, but Modric prefers Real or United, which is highly unlikely, so basically if he wants to move either Madrid up their offer or he goes to PSG or he stays.

We have been looking at five goalkeepers and expect one to happen soon, Butland was one of them and so was the Dutch guy at Roma, Stekelenberg.

As far as strikers go we have been very busy negotiating and although some targets have been missed others are close, apparently upgrades on current three. AVB not 100% sure on Ade as he has not had chance to see him close up.

I have also been told that players who don't look like they can play the "system" will be allowed to go, Gallas possibly being one of them. Some will be given a fresh chance, but if not up to the mark will be got rid of in January.

Any investment will be for naming rights and at least three interested parties.

oh my dear GHod

a wonderful round up of the news :rolleyes:

bravo

Agger left out of Liverpool's squad for their Europa game tonight, not injured. Seems he could be going to City.

redknapp wasnt given money to buy his own players. not sure where this idea of him being bad in the transfer market comes from

as of right now AVB hasnt been too crash hot in that area but then it isnt him not getting his targets...its levy

maybe levy is just a shrewd guy?

redknapp wasnt given money to buy his own players. not sure where this idea of him being bad in the transfer market comes from

as of right now AVB hasnt been too crash hot in that area but then it isnt him not getting his targets...its levy

Maybe we're brasic.

Defoe, Keane, Crouch, Bassong. All within the first year after taking over.

Also got VdV, Gallas, Parker, Ade on loan as well as Sandro.

He wasn't given much money to spend when he was publicly eying another job and had a court case hanging over him, no shock there.

I don't think he was bad in the transfer market mind, I think maybe he should have looked to bring in one younger striker earlier on. With all our strikers in the late twenties after signing Defoe, Keane and Crouch it would have been nice to have someone younger breaking through. Sandro and Walker are both very exciting to have now, Naughton also a good option. Had he brought in a younger striker early on that could have broken into the side last season or thereabouts as well he would have done even better.

Anyone see the pic on twitter of Sahin in a scum polo shirt, looks like its taken in a corridor or summat!!! Gutted, hate seeing those tossers strengthen!!!

some dont know how lucky they are..

Manchester United's strikers have been ordered to party like it’s 1999.

Sir Alex Ferguson believes the arrival of Shinji Kagawa has given him a forward line comparable to his famous Treble-winning quartet of Dwight Yorke, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

And with the United manager still hoping to add Robin van Persie to his attack, he is convinced he will have the firepower to claw the Premier League title back from City.

Japanese international Kagawa will be used behind the strikers, with Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck and Javier Hernandez all options up front.

Dimitar Berbatov is expected to leave if a club is prepared to meet his £5m asking price, while Ferguson hopes to fend off competition from City and Juventus for want-away Arsenal striker Van Persie.

“I always consider 1998-99 as the gold standard of Manchester United strikers,” said Ferguson. “We had Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, and Solskjaer, and when we needed a goal one of them would deliver.

“It happened so many times. I was always confident that whoever I was sending on could grab us a goal. The options I’m now starting to see in this squad remind me of that era. I hope we see a lot of goals.

“The hardest thing for me will be to pick the right pairing for the right games. And of course one or two may develop particularly good understandings with another. It’s going to be interesting.”

Kagawa completed a £17m move from Borussia Dortmund this summer. Ferguson believes he can provide the inspiration he was looking for when pursuing Wesley Sneijder and Samir Nasri last year.

“He certainly offers us different attacking options,” he told Inside United. “His best position, without doubt, is just off the centre forward. He has good vision and he can thread a pass.

“Shinji’s versatile and there’s no doubt he gives me more to think about.”

Can you post it?

its clearly photoshopped

here is the Arse version
AzSs0aMCAAAk8a0.jpg

That is fair enough. I am of the opinion that Townsend could do a decent backup job for Bale, but the right hand side is looking a little frail i would have to agree.

Edit : ideally i'd want to have 2 AM's, 2 ST's and an AM/ST to cover for both...

I'm torn between wanting Townsed to go to the Championship and prove he can shine there or have him in the first team - I suppose Championship clubs are able o loan from us well after our window closes so can always have the best of both worlds :)

Back