• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Someone who has been unable to gain a starting spot for Ipswich and Sheffield Utd in the last three seasons.

All he'll be doing is replacing Stuart Taylor as the goalkeeper who can't make the bench. Mancini has an obsession with players who used to play for Arsenal.

Lets cash in on Rafa. Hes looked unfit for over a year now. Nowhere near his level when he arrived two years ago. He wants to move.

Sorry mate, that is just BS.

The guy's a winner, knows where the goal is and seems to love us lot. Mad to sell him if it's for 'footballing' reasons... family reasons are another matter and I wouldn't begrudge him that.

A move in the right direction for the league in general, I remember when most teams had a couple of genuine top players, before they started warming the bench for the Sky4. We need something to spice up the mid table encounters.

...and they're not Zigic type forwards either.. it's def good for the league. now if only Stoke could get relegated!

Right.

I'm off to bed for a couple of hours kip before my night shift.

I want two signings by 4pm. One has to be another striker.

And I want Bents, JJ and Rose gone (only loan for Rose though.

Will be very angry if all this doesn't happen.

See you all after 4.

Mercenary or not, it seems Berbatov (who still has plenty of goals in him) is off to Fulham, for not very much money.
I really do we hope we get another decent striker, because on strictly commercial terms that is a good bit of business by Jol/Fulham.

Walcott 'not obsessed by money'
Wenger confident forward 'loves' Arsenal as talks continue

So thats why he was disgusted at only being offered £75k a week
nah he's just obsessed with amassing wealth.

We're not signing anyone today are we?

oh well guess all the fun and games start tomorrow...muhahahahahah muhahahahhaha muhahahahahahha muhahahahahhaha

With Petric partnering Berbatov, Kaliciciznkic ripping full backs on the left. All they are missing is a Dembele type midfielder in the centre.

So... just like Spurs under Martin Jol?

who would have though Manchester Citys transfer activity this summer would be Richard Wright, Scott Sinclair and Jack Rodwell:ross:

Ben Pearce ‏@BenPearceSpurs

#thfc AVB on Willian: 'We have approached the club and the player with contacts and at the moment it doesn't seem to be happening'

#thfc AVB on Moutinho: 'Porto is an extremely difficult club to deal with and I think the player is over what Tottenham can afford'

Sky Sports understands Tottenham are lining up a beat-the-deadline move for Athletic Bilabo ace Fernando Llorente.

Llorente's future has been the subject of conjecture all summer with the Spanish international turning down a new deal at San Mames.

The 27-year-old is regarded as one of the best forwards in Europe after impressing for club and country over the last 12 months.

Juventus were thought to be leading the chase for Llorente, but it appears any move to Turin has stalled.

Llorente's agent claimed earlier this month several Premier League clubs are chasing the powerful front-man and it appears Spurs are heading the pursuit.

Spurs are looking to add to their attacking options before the close of the transfer window and Llorente figures highly on their wanted list.

Andre Villas-Boas has money to spend from the sale of Luka Modric and he is ready to make a move to bring Llorente to White Hart Lane.

#thfc AVB on Willian: 'We have approached the club and the player with contacts and at the moment it doesn't seem to be happening'

Yeh maybe because Levy is still offering them half of the price they have quoted us.

Swansea fans rated him highly last season, but say he has issues with decision making I think. Room to improve, but he HAS played a full Prem season.

Could be similar to how I observed him - always thought he wasnt taking responsibility - needed guiding/promting into doing stuff. Williams led him by the hand all season.

Technically fine, but needs to mature a bit and make his own mind up

#thfc AVB on Moutinho: 'Porto is an extremely difficult club to deal with and I think the player is over what Tottenham can afford'

That's exactly what he said a week ago.

Ok no Moutinho, no Willian, no Remy, and no Affelay.

Back