• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Isn't Caulker supposed to be the new Jake? (ie up and coming Spurs junior)

How good is he?

From what I saw last season (I run a pub so I make a point of watching as many games with our loanees or players I've got my eye on as possible) and I watched pretty much every televised Swansea game, he has come in in leaps and bounds but his youthful exuberance can often lead to him going to the ball and leaving the space in behind. More often than not though he played with decision making above his years IMO

David Hytner ‏@DaveHytner
AVB also still open to offers for Dawson despite Kaboul knee inj (out for 4months)

I don't get this at all. It's early in the season, and already a CB down. Why on earth would we sell Dawson and bring one in on loan? To cash in on him before he's not worth as much? Jesus Christ, here we have a solid player who is willing to fight for his place, and we still want to sell him. Talk about loyalty. No wonder there are Berbatovs and Modrics in this world.

Isn't Caulker supposed to be the new Jake? (ie up and coming Spurs junior)

How good is he?

Swansea fans rated him highly last season, but say he has issues with decision making I think. Room to improve, but he HAS played a full Prem season.

I don't get this at all. It's early in the season, and already a CB down. Why on earth would we sell Dawson and bring one in on loan? To cash in on him before he's not worth as much? Jesus Christ, here we have a solid player who is willing to fight for his place, and we still want to sell him. Talk about loyalty. No wonder there are Berbatovs and Modrics in this world.

There is little room for loyalty if you want to be a successful manager. Keeping a player around that you don't intend on using much because the fans like him makes little sense.

Absolutely.

Madness to get rid of Daws in this situation.

The way Gallas is, we could easily be playing Jan and Caulker as a pair... that's pretty damn untried.

Maybe because selling a player worth a fair bit who can't adopt the preferred style and tactics and replacing him with someone else who can is a good idea.

Best striker in the world Nicklas Bendtner is set to join Juventus in a 1-year loan deal according to italian and danish media

WOW!

Berba and Ruiz!?

They are going to be sliick!

A move in the right direction for the league in general, I remember when most teams had a couple of genuine top players, before they started warming the bench for the Sky4. We need something to spice up the mid table encounters.

In others news...

Emirates Marketing Project have signed Richard Wright

That's a fair point, unless the discussion is about a lot more than impending transfer. But in this case, it should have remained in the transfer thread, agreed.
If, of course, you could find it amongst the formation chat ;)

i like you. You seem very fair and i'm a fan of fair people:).

Anyway i get it now that there will be NO discussions about formations on this thread again. Won't happen again.

Walcott 'not obsessed by money'
Wenger confident forward 'loves' Arsenal as talks continue

So thats why he was disgusted at only being offered £75k a week

In others news...

Emirates Marketing Project have signed Richard Wright

Someone who has been unable to gain a starting spot for Ipswich and Sheffield Utd in the last three seasons.

Back