• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

Sorry mate, I dont buy us spending £15m just for a squad option. Dembele is here to play IMO and that means Moutinho wont be coming.

Factir in our need for forwards and spending £20m+ on him would seem ridiculous

That all depends on what AVB is planning and how much money we have. Seven top players fighting for the 5 midfield/wing positions is not impossible (Sandro, Parker, Dembele, Moutinho, Lennon, Bale, Sig). Signing Moutinho will probably mean someone like VDV to leave.

Sorry mate, I dont buy us spending £15m just for a squad option. Dembele is here to play IMO and that means Moutinho wont be coming.

Factir in our need for forwards and spending £20m+ on him would seem ridiculous

Agreed. Good players don't join clubs planning on being mere rotation options. They come to play. To sign Dembele when we already have Sandro means that it will be them two in the middle, and Moutinho is off. Just can't see how we would fit them all in. Certainly it would make a mockery of us haggling over prices for other, needed positions if we did that.

I mean, it would effectively mean - if we signed Moutinho - that we signed Sigurdsson who we didn't really need rather than make up the price difference on Leandro, which then meant we go into the season with Defoe as 2nd choice lone striker. Would be strange business.

I think(and hope) we'll see Lloris and a versatile wide forward of some sort signed in the next couple of days. I don't expect a striker, I think we'll go with what we have until January and then move for Damiao again as Inter's league season will be over.

Can't wait for the deadline to pass so all this speculation on who plays moves into more realistic territory.

Totally agree just don't get why people are obssessed with this 433 noticed in the two ratings threads we've had people writing out the players in 433 formation from what I've seen we've hardly changed from last season 4231

I think last season was 4411, the wingers were orthodox and VDV was ahead of midfield rather than part of it.

With the WBA game as an example I think there were significant differences from last season.

Full backs pushed up significantly higher.
In turn the winger push further forward.
Also wingers working inside much more often than usual.
Genuine links between the midfield 3 (incl VDV)
Much narrower field of play for the striker

If I were writing out the formation I would probably go 4231 because I think it best reflects the midfield set up, but honestly its not really a big difference between that and 433/451

Absolutely no chance of us signing Moutinho imo. Could see Porto wanting Luka type money for him & I'd be fudging amazed if Levy went for that

Same as it ever was. Not saying that the players we have purchased will flop, but we are constantly linked with "big name" players that we fail to bring in.

I'd love to know who is really behind our transfers because it seems that Managers come and go, but the targets stay the same. Verts & Dembele were both courted under the previous management. Sigurdsson is a known quantity (dare I say our transfers this Summer, Verts aside ironically!, have been MOTD transfers....or at least would have been accused of being so had we bought them the last window) from his Reading & Swansea days.

I'm pleased with the signing of Dembele though, but am more than concerned with the rumours of the outgoing players. But I am sadly not shocked that AVB seems hellbent on shipping out VDV, Dawson, Huddlestone & Parker. I guess none of them really fit in with his style of play though. I'm just growing more and more concerned we are full on in revolution mode now, rather than the evolution that was required. Ho hum.

That all depends on what AVB is planning and how much money we have. Seven top players fighting for the 5 midfield/wing positions is not impossible (Sandro, Parker, Dembele, Moutinho, Lennon, Bale, Sig). Signing Moutinho will probably mean someone like VDV to leave.

I do not see any correlation between VDV and Moutinho. Nor VDV and Dembele (it is IMO a lazy reference to where he used to play)

Moutinho/Modric? Dembele/Modric? Absolutely.

I also do not think we are a team that can afford to buy first team top quality for the bench, nor a team (without CL) that can accomodate such.

Besides which, when we are working to a budget and have more pressing requirements we simply wouldnt spend over £20m on a position that is no longer essential.

Amazed that people STILL think we can afford Moutinho or Damiao?!?!? Crazy.................!

QPR sign Julio Cesar on a 4-year deal. Tough luck Rob Green, oh wait, you're just incredibly brick.

Could he move to another club before the deadline if he wanted too or is he screwed now?

Amazed that people STILL think we can afford Moutinho or Damiao?!?!? Crazy.................!

Amazed people still know how much money we have actually got to spend. . .

Goal.com have some decent Spurs connections right?

They are saying Lennon, VDV and Parker have been told they can all leave for the right price. Plus Dawson and Friedel transfer already sanctioned....

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/29/3338669/tottenham-put-lennon-parker-van-der-vaart-up-for-sale

It depends who is writing it. Veysey is a gooner wum, Stobart seems to have decent connections.

Same as it ever was. Not saying that the players we have purchased will flop, but we are constantly linked with "big name" players that we fail to bring in.

I'd love to know who is really behind our transfers because it seems that Managers come and go, but the targets stay the same. Verts & Dembele were both courted under the previous management. Sigurdsson is a known quantity (dare I say our transfers this Summer, Verts aside ironically!, have been MOTD transfers....or at least would have been accused of being so had we bought them the last window) from his Reading & Swansea days.

I'm pleased with the signing of Dembele though, but am more than concerned with the rumours of the outgoing players. But I am sadly not shocked that AVB seems hellbent on shipping out VDV, Dawson, Huddlestone & Parker. I guess none of them really fit in with his style of play though. I'm just growing more and more concerned we are full on in revolution mode now, rather than the evolution that was required. Ho hum.

If you search hard enough, at any point in time you can find rumours that could more than concern you.
Waiting until they are more than mere rumour is the wise choice, elsewise you live in a state of permanent concern.
Unless you are only paying attention to it because it does not shock you and fits with your suspicions?

Back