• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

We are not signing Moutinho. He will cost 25 million pounds, as if it wasn't unlikely enough already we've just spent 15 million pounds on a player that plays in his position(cue debate). Not happening.

This is correct.

Lets now put our minds together and come up with Right sided forward candidates for last mint bids...

CM is his less effective position to you? well ok but he's been far far far better playing CM than any other position by a distance.

I read what nayim said as he prefers him as a cm... Might be wrong though but to me it looks like thats what he's saying. Never impressed as much as when he went cm

When he first took over, it was 433 everything and people making assumptions on how avb would set his team outs based on what he's done before.
So far he's played 4231 and 442.

Totally agree just don't get why people are obssessed with this 433 noticed in the two ratings threads we've had people writing out the players in 433 formation from what I've seen we've hardly changed from last season 4231

This is correct.

Lets now put our minds together and come up with Right sided forward candidates for last mint bids...

I am not so convinced re: Moutinho...but we shall see...I wonder if it's possible that

will.i.an does not happen
affray comes in on loan
we go back and make up the difference in fee for damiao

Been discussing with a mate, and we think it's an outside possibility.

I absolutely believe that Levy will make a major, major signing by the end of play Friday. I still believe it could be Moutinho (in a 4-2-3-1 it would be tremendous, Sandro and Dembele, Bale, Moutinho and Lennon, Ade) but again, I am probably being naive in believing this would happen as we would have one of the best "middles" in European football...

we need a moutinho type player or him himself, we need someone to make us tick in the middle of the park.

Bale-----Ade-----Sig

Mout---Sandro--Dembele

or

Bale-----Ade----Dembele

Mout---Sandro--Sig

?

Remember AVB generally doesn't really do wingers, certainly not on both sidesp.

In truth Moutinho would probably spell the end of Rafa (with Dembele being more the vdV replacement).

The first line up seems plausible to me if VdV leaves, looks very hard to break down. I'm slightly worried about where the goals would come from but it looks like a really good team, even with Lennon instead of Sig.

Absolutely no chance of us signing Moutinho imo. Could see Porto wanting Luka type money for him & I'd be fudging amazed if Levy went for that

I am not so convinced re: Moutinho...but we shall see...I wonder if it's possible that

will.i.an does not happen
affray comes in on loan
we go back and make up the difference in fee for damiao

Been discussing with a mate, and we think it's an outside possibility.

I absolutely believe that Levy will make a major, major signing by the end of play Friday. I still believe it could be Moutinho (in a 4-2-3-1 it would be tremendous, Sandro and Dembele, Bale, Moutinho and Lennon, Ade) but again, I am probably being naive in believing this would happen as we would have one of the best "middles" in European football...

I think that would make us considerably weaker than the team we can put out with our current players if i'm being honest. That team to me would see us pass it about lovely with no cutting edge from the middle resulting in a lot of possesion but not much in terms of clear cut chances. We need a direct type player like sigurddson that would take the ball from midfield and instantly push up, that will spot Ade is isolated and will instantly find space just behind him, that can see there's space in the opposition back line and will instantly exploit it.

Dembele says hello nice to meet you Wriggly.

There are several ways of setting up a midfield 3.

Dembele can play in several positions.

He might not be able to play every single match.

I don't for one second believe we're getting a set first XI and have little to no match winners/game changers on the bench. I do believe we will see different lineups depending on fitness, match schedules, opponents etc.

Shame Romelu Lukaku made the jump to Chelsea last year, otherwise you would have to feel that we would be in with a decent shout of getting him this year.. Dam..

I'd say 14-16 top players. Cover/rotation for FBs/CBs, CMs, AMs, wingers/wide forwards, striker.

Sorry mate, I dont buy us spending £15m just for a squad option. Dembele is here to play IMO and that means Moutinho wont be coming.

Factir in our need for forwards and spending £20m+ on him would seem ridiculous

Bale-----Ade-----Sig

Mout---Sandro--Dembele

or

Bale-----Ade----Dembele

Mout---Sandro--Sig

?

Remember AVB generally doesn't really do wingers, certainly not on both sides.

In truth Moutinho would probably spell the end of Rafa (with Dembele being more the vdV replacement).

AVB certainly uses the full width of the pitch.

Dembele is NO replacement for VDV.

I think that would make us considerably weaker than the team we can put out with our current players if i'm being honest. That team to me would see us pass it about lovely with no cutting edge from the middle resulting in a lot of possesion but not much in terms of clear cut chances. We need a direct type player like sigurddson that would take the ball from midfield and instantly push up, that will spot Ade is isolated and will instantly find space just behind him, that can see there's space in the opposition back line and will instantly exploit it.

Interesting take...I see Dembele as a fast, fluid and mobile carrier...there again IF we only have Ade and Defoe come Sept 1, perhaps passing it around nicely and creating only a few chances (which we take!!!) is the safest way LOL!!! Also, if Affelay came and found his way into that team, well, speed and the ability to score am goal or few...we shall see mate...

Back