• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: The summer transfer thread, Dembele pg 1277 #Levytime

£25m bid for Moutinho according to Portugese media.

Moutinho to replace Modric and Dembele to replace Hudd???

Makes no sense to me at all.

Dont see how we get Moutinho, Dembele, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bale... all in the same team and none of those would be happy on the bench for prolonged periods.

£15,000,000 on Dembele spells and end to £20,000,000+ on Moutinho IMO

I think that Dembele and Sig might be fighting it out for VdV's place

Dembele never impressed as much as when he went CM - seems foolish to sign him and try to use him in a less effective position

Dont see how we get Moutinho, Dembele, Sandro, Sigurdsson, Bale... all in the same team and none of those would be happy on the bench for prolonged periods.

There's room for more than 11 players in a squad. One injury and we're fudged.

Maybe we believe in rotation now!

Bale-----Ade-----Sig

Mout---Sandro--Dembele

or

Bale-----Ade----Dembele

Mout---Sandro--Sig

?

Remember AVB generally doesn't really do wingers, certainly not on both sides.

In truth Moutinho would probably spell the end of Rafa (with Dembele being more the vdV replacement).

--------------GK---------------
Walker-Gallas-Vertonghen-Ekotto
------Moutinho--Dembele-------
Lennon-----Sig/VdV--------Bale
------------Ade---------------

?

"Portuguese media" is stretching it a bit, it's come from Portuguese twitter account which just seems to be rounding up the latest rumours.

Bale-----Ade-----Sig

Mout---Sandro--Dembele

or

Bale-----Ade----Dembele

Mout---Sandro--Sig

?

Remember AVB generally doesn't really do wingers, certainly not on both sides.

In truth Moutinho would probably spell the end of Rafa (with Dembele being more the vdV replacement).

When he first took over, it was 433 everything and people making assumptions on how avb would set his team outs based on what he's done before.
So far he's played 4231 and 442.

--------------GK---------------
Walker-Gallas-Vertonghen-Ekotto
------Moutinho--Dembele-------
Lennon-----Sig/VdV--------Bale
------------Ade---------------

?

We'd get molested.

The only way we'd be able to accommodate Mout and Dembele imo is

----------------------Sandro/Parker-----------Moutinho----------------------------

-------------------------------------Sigurddson-------------------------------------

----------------Dembele-------------------------------------------------------Bale-

----------------------------------------Adebayor------------------------------------

It ain't gonna happen though as Dembele stated recently he sees himself as a central midfielder and i'm pretty sure reasurances have been made by AVB regarding where he expects him to play. Dembele is a brilliant midfielder but above that he's a brilliant footballer so him been given a sort of free role behind Ade could work but personally i think he'll be playing centrally in a more withdrawn role.

A lot of assumptions based on one season at Porto. Is it not possible that the way they played was more down to the players AVB had available to him there?

When he first took over, it was 433 everything and people making assumptions on how avb would set his team outs based on what he's done before.
So far he's played 4231 and 442.

Pragmatically because of the players he inherited (i.e. a few DMs and #10s but no ball retainer).

I assume with the 2-4 player we're signing now he'll switch to his favoured 4-3-3.

We are not signing Moutinho. He will cost 25 million pounds, as if it wasn't unlikely enough already we've just spent 15 million pounds on a player that plays in his position(cue debate). Not happening.

Back