• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I presume in a 4231 with fullbacks pushing on, that is 6 players attacking so you need your centre backs and central midfielders to be super solid and their main priority will be giving it simply to the other 6, not being dribblers or incisive through balls.

I.e. competent passers but not amazing, mainly defensive midfielders

Modric can beat men without touching the ball tahts why he is so fudgein good and thats why Madrid should be paying 35m at the very fudgein least if not 40m

Indeed, we can not replace Modric ( he is that good )like for like, if there was othesr out there as good you can bet you life Madrid would no be dealing with Levy.

Seriously, I know I'm a bit of a broken record, but if it's this bad and we've not seriously considered Berbatov, it's just stupid.

Seriously, I know I'm a bit of a broken record, but if it's this bad and we've not seriously considered Berbatov, it's just stupid.

Bring him, 25+ goals and 15+ ass, we need him.

If you look at what qualities he comes in with, that's exactly what we need. If you then look at the cost of him, compared to the others on the market that can provide what we need as much as him. Then I think he is one of the best options and I have no angry feelings around that he left us.

Last edited:
i'd be happy with just speculative buys now...moses, redmond, butland...even extend gds and commit to make something out of him

I presume in a 4231 with fullbacks pushing on, that is 6 players attacking so you need your centre backs and central midfielders to be super solid and their main priority will be giving it simply to the other 6, not being dribblers or incisive through balls.

I.e. competent passers but not amazing, mainly defensive midfielders

I doubt AVB would be looking to compartmentalise the team, I think we'll be looking to be more fluid than that. I think we've seen Livermore playing a different role to Modric, starting deep but making frequent bursts forward while Sandro was one, against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, frequently dropping deep between the CBs as they split. Basically I don't think Sandro's partner will be purely a defensive midfielder, just as Modric wasn't. Moutinho would be a great option box to box who can go forwards and press/ score/ assist.

I doubt AVB would be looking to compartmentalise the team, I think we'll be looking to be more fluid than that. I think we've seen Livermore playing a different role to Modric, starting deep but making frequent bursts forward while Sandro was one, against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, frequently dropping deep between the CBs as they split. Basically I don't think Sandro's partner will be purely a defensive midfielder, just as Modric wasn't. Moutinho would be a great option box to box who can go forwards and press/ score/ assist.

Agreed.

AVB himself said the other day, when discussing our interest in M'Vila, that we are now looking for a more creative type of player.

Obviously, as we've learned over the years, we can't always take a manager's words to the media at face value but I can't see why he'd lie about a thing like this.

TRANSFER GOSSIP
Kaka

Kaka could be on his way to the Premier League

Brazil international Kaka, 30, has been offered to Manchester United on a season-long loan as Real Madrid prepare for the arrival of Luka Modric.

Full story: Daily Mail

Emirates Marketing Project have joined Chelsea in the race to sign Fiorentina's 22-year-old forward Stevan Jovetic.

Full story: The Metro

Sunderland have lodged a £10m bid for Emirates Marketing Project's Adam Johnson.

Roberto Martinez says the reported transfer of Victor Moses, 21, to Chelsea is still some way from happening.

Full story: talkSPORT

Daniel Agger, 27, is ready to sign a lucrative new deal with Liverpool and snub Emirates Marketing Project - despite his red card shocker in the opening-day defeat at West Brom.

Full story: Daily Mirror
OTHER GOSSIP
Alex Song

Arsene Wenger became 'infuriated' with Alex Song's lack of commitment in pre-season

Arsene Wenger sanctioned the £15m sale of Alex Song to Barcelona after becoming infuriated by the 24-year-old midfielder's lack of commitment in pre-season.

West Ham co-owner David Sullivan has revealed the Hammers still owe more than £10m to Sheffield United over the "Carlos Tevez affair".

Full story: Daily Mirror

Manager Roberto Mancini has been ordered by Emirates Marketing Project's Abu Dhabi owners to stop his public attacks on football director Brian Marwood.

Full story: The People
AND FINALLY

Swansea City defender Alan Tate says new manager Michael Laudrup is still the best player in training - even though he is 48 years old.

Full story: talkSPOR

Mancini open to Johnson exit

Winger could leave

By Graeme Bailey - Tweet me: @skygraemebailey. Last Updated: August 19, 2012 9:51pm

Roberto Mancini has confirmed that England winger Adam Johnson was left out of Emirates Marketing Project's squad to face Southampton in order to help him find a new club.

Johnson made it clear earlier this week that he was not happy to sit on the bench at City, and he has been strongly linked with moves away from the club.

Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton and Sunderland are among a host of clubs linked with the 25-year-old.

And Mancini admits he is now ready to let Johnson leave, with reports linking City with a move for Swansea City's Scott Sinclair as a direct replacement.

"Adam is a young guy, he is a good player and he wants to play," said Mancini.

"In these 10 days, if we find a good solution for him and he can go to play, maybe it is better.

"I don't know about a loan. We have two or three situations. We are talking with him about this.

"But if he stays here I don't have a problem."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8004861/Mancini-open-to-Johnson-exit

With AVB seemingly not rating Huddlestone for whatever reasons I think we need two creative central midfielders in this window. We can't be just one injury away from starting two out of Parker, Sandro, Livermore and Jenas imo.

Hopefully Hudd can convince AVB that he's good enough though...

Back