• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Replied to the question can players be loaned out didn't read it as loaned in.

Think we can loan to EFL as well which has a weird close .. No buys but can loan in with an option to buy.... Which is a buy in all but name

Manchester United eye shock move for Tottenham star Kieran Trippier as Antonio Valencia replacement
GOSSIP
Metro Sport Reporter
Tuesday 7 Aug 2018 6:28 pm

Tottenham Hotspur face a battle to retain Kieran Trippier with Manchester United reportedly interested in signing the England full-back. Trippier enjoyed a fine season last term which ended with him being part of Gareth Southgate’s squad which finished fourth at the World Cup in Russia. He was one of the stand-out players for England at the tournament and scored a sweetly struck free-kick in the 2-1 defeat to Croatia in the semi-finals.

Despite the former Emirates Marketing Project academy player signing a five-year in 2017, his World Cup performances have put Europe’s top clubs on alert in a bid to sign Trippier, 27. PSG and Juventus are admirers of Trippier but Manchester United are also among the possible suitors, according to the Daily Mail. Tottenham have yet to dip their feet into the transfer market, with the only business Mauricio Pochettino has done this summer being the departure of Keanan Bennetts to Borussia Monchengladbach and Anton Walkes to Portsmouth. The speculation will enhance Trippier’s chances of renegotiating his contract, while the backup options available to Pochettino – Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier and talented youngster Kyle Walker-Peters – are unlikely to fill the void at right back should Trippier depart.

It would be the second high-profile full-back exit in as many years following on from Kyle Walker’s transfer from Spurs to Emirates Marketing Project at the start of the 2017 season. United’s Antonio Valencia, 33, signed a two-year extension last year, keeping the Ecuadorian international at Old Trafford until the end of this season and with Matteo Darmian and Marcos Rojo expected to depart, it would open up funds for a

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/manc...nio-valencia-replacement-7809498/?ito=cbshare

This is the flimflam that we have to deal with when convincing players to sign for us - we are constantly undersold in all the media. I don't think it is a conspiracy but that the media are a) lazy and happy to play along to established stereotypes and b) click bait revenue means they want to attract views from clubs with the biggest Internet fan bases.

The constant drip drip must get in some players heads which is why we still struggle at times to be as attractive, despite 3 years of CL, as Lollerpool, Chelsea or Arsenal.

After all "it's only Tottenham, lads"

This is the flimflam that we have to deal with when convincing players to sign for us - we are constantly undersold in all the media. I don't think it is a conspiracy but that the media are a) lazy and happy to play along to established stereotypes and b) click bait revenue means they want to attract views from clubs with the biggest Internet fan bases.

The constant drip drip must get in some players heads which is why we still struggle at times to be as attractive, despite 3 years of CL, as Lollerpool, Chelsea or Arsenal.

After all "it's only Tottenham, lads"

This is impressive Liverpool levels of conspiracy!

We've the youngest team of the top 6 (?) and so there's an argument to be made that we have more room to grow as a team than others do - whether that is enough to counteract what others do in the market is another debate. Right now as things stand i don't think we've lost ground to anyone other than Liverpool who have bought well (imo)

I think there's this idea that rivals buying players = them improving as a matter of fact, when in reality that's not always the case and there are always other factors to take in to account
I agree, but theory never works out like that - they won’t all get better, it’s never that simple. And some of our squad is getting to an age where they’re going to move on so we have to replace a few of them in the next couple of years anyway. Not to mention we have areas we need to strengthen regardless. I agree we haven’t lost ground to anyone but Liverpool but we haven’t really made any ground either, and as Poch is still talking about winning things we need to show a bit more progression and ambition than just keeping what we have - that’s not to dismiss what a good job keeping this squad together represents, a few years ago we wouldn’t of been able to do that....

Minus all the lies and flimflam, that's what ITK's always been, except without the word "more".

Yeah I know. But at least there’s normally some bit of effort (albeit minimal) put into trying to sound like they have a clue - when they obviously don’t.
Maybe this window is proving too challenging for even the ITKs. In which case one has to laud Levy.

I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me.....

AT LEAST WE’LL HAVE A SETTLED SI-III-DE!!!!!

....Cause I'm Mr Brightside.

I just can't look its killing me
And taking control
Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me.....

AT LEAST WE’LL HAVE A SETTLED SI-III-DE!!!!!

....Cause I'm Mr Brightside.

Sounds like a System of a Down song. :p

This is impressive Liverpool levels of conspiracy!

It isn't conspiracy. Journalists aren't in some cabal deliberately targeting us but do you honestly say we (or Everton or anyone outside the Sky 4 and now Emirates Marketing Project) get a fair representation or market share in the media by comparison?

"sexy" is still thrown around as if our current success and overachievement is a blip and we will fall back to our proper place in the pecking order soon enough.

Spurs are still not seen as an established big club (we aren't in some ways until we start winning things despite regular CL qualification) Do you not think that feeds into players decision making when choosing clubs?

What is becoming apparent is that everyone is playing chicken at the moment.

Dembele (Barca)
Hazard
Willian
Martial
Zaha
Fekir
Pulisic

All seem in one way or another linked to the toby deal and it seems our want to get martial as part of the deal, otherwise Utd would have just paid up
My guess is that if Toby moves tom then we see a chain reaction, but there are so many moving parts and players involved at 50m+ price tags it just wont happen, unless Hazard suddenly goes to madrid forcing it from the other side.

I think we would shift on the price for Toby if man u were willing to deal with us for martial.
The Toby deal is a risk for all parties, if Jose leaves whose to say their next manager will want Toby?
Reckon tomorrow night it will all go into overdrive.

What is becoming apparent is that everyone is playing chicken at the moment.

Dembele (Barca)
Hazard
Willian
Martial
Zaha
Fekir
Pulisic

All seem in one way or another linked to the toby deal and it seems our want to get martial as part of the deal, otherwise Utd would have just paid up
My guess is that if Toby moves tom then we see a chain reaction, but there are so many moving parts and players involved at 50m+ price tags it just wont happen, unless Hazard suddenly goes to madrid forcing it from the other side.

Out of all those names though, the only players who's clubs seem to be actively open and willing to selling are Fekir and possibly Dembele. I'm not sure that many will end up at different PL teams for next season, certainly no more than 1 perhaps 2. There also simply isn't much time - even the window closing at 5pm rather than 11pm has a material impact given that there's now, what, 43 hours to go!

Manchester United eye shock move for Tottenham star Kieran Trippier as Antonio Valencia replacement
GOSSIP
Metro Sport Reporter
Tuesday 7 Aug 2018 6:28 pm

Tottenham Hotspur face a battle to retain Kieran Trippier with Manchester United reportedly interested in signing the England full-back. Trippier enjoyed a fine season last term which ended with him being part of Gareth Southgate’s squad which finished fourth at the World Cup in Russia. He was one of the stand-out players for England at the tournament and scored a sweetly struck free-kick in the 2-1 defeat to Croatia in the semi-finals.

Despite the former Emirates Marketing Project academy player signing a five-year in 2017, his World Cup performances have put Europe’s top clubs on alert in a bid to sign Trippier, 27. PSG and Juventus are admirers of Trippier but Manchester United are also among the possible suitors, according to the Daily Mail. Tottenham have yet to dip their feet into the transfer market, with the only business Mauricio Pochettino has done this summer being the departure of Keanan Bennetts to Borussia Monchengladbach and Anton Walkes to Portsmouth. The speculation will enhance Trippier’s chances of renegotiating his contract, while the backup options available to Pochettino – Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier and talented youngster Kyle Walker-Peters – are unlikely to fill the void at right back should Trippier depart.

It would be the second high-profile full-back exit in as many years following on from Kyle Walker’s transfer from Spurs to Emirates Marketing Project at the start of the 2017 season. United’s Antonio Valencia, 33, signed a two-year extension last year, keeping the Ecuadorian international at Old Trafford until the end of this season and with Matteo Darmian and Marcos Rojo expected to depart, it would open up funds for a bid for Trippier more likely next summer. Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG are all said to be interested, but with Madrid having signed Alvaro Odriozola from Real Sociedad and Juventus having spent big on Portuguese right back Joao Cancelo, the biggest threat of the three that Spurs face in trying to keep Trippier in London are PSG.

They are expected to be without Dani Alves for at least another few months, following his anterior cruciate ligament injury in May. With Colin Dagba, 19, having switched between right back and right-wing back throughout pre-season and their French Super Cup win over Monaco, Trippier would provide much-needed experience in that department. If they are to be successful in their bid to finally bring the Champions League title back to Paris, Trippier could not only fill in for the Brazilian fullback who is entering the final year of his contract at 35, but also be the long-term successor to Alves.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/manc...nio-valencia-replacement-7809498/?ito=cbshare

Not much of an article, PSG have Meunier at RB who looked very good at the world cup.

It isn't conspiracy. Journalists aren't in some cabal deliberately targeting us but do you honestly say we (or Everton or anyone outside the Sky 4 and now Emirates Marketing Project) get a fair representation or market share in the media by comparison?

"sexy" is still thrown around as if our current success and overachievement is a blip and we will fall back to our proper place in the pecking order soon enough.

Spurs are still not seen as an established big club (we aren't in some ways until we start winning things despite regular CL qualification) Do you not think that feeds into players decision making when choosing clubs?

Why blame the media for that, though? The perception is not because of what they do, it is because of what *we* do. As you pointed out, *we* need to win things, not fold in semi-finals all the time. Every member of the top six has won something more recently than we have. That needs to change if we want the media to change their narrative - just finishing in the top four all the time won't cut it, just like it never worked for Arsenal.

Additionally, *we* need to act like a big club at some point if we want to be seen as one. How do we expect the media to report on how big and decisive we are when we spend four months haggling over a f*cking Championship player and pull a scrimp-and-save deadline-day routine every damn year?

It's sort of strange that we expect the media to treat us like the other big clubs and then cry foul when the media lambasts us for not acting like the other big clubs. Look the part, be the part, as Proposition Joe would say.

Back