• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

CHELSEA IN ADVANCED £71.6M KEPA TALKS

Chelsea are in advanced talks to sign Bilbao 'keeper Kepa Arrizabalaga, according to Sky sources.

It is understood the 23-year-old – a Spain international with one cap – would cost the Blues £71.6m, which would be a world-record fee for a 'keeper.

Reports in Spain this evening have gone as far as to say that Chelsea’s intentions are fly the player to London on Wednesday and have him train on Thursday, with the hope he could make his debut in their season-opener against Huddersfield on Saturday.

Worlds gone fudging crazy, as frustrating as it can be being sensible, I am so glad we dont get involved in nonsense like this.

If they're getting £100m from Real because they're desperate for a keeper who can catch, then this might not be so bad. Not that I've ever seen him mind

Manchester United eye shock move for Tottenham star Kieran Trippier as Antonio Valencia replacement
GOSSIP
Metro Sport Reporter
Tuesday 7 Aug 2018 6:28 pm

Tottenham Hotspur face a battle to retain Kieran Trippier with Manchester United reportedly interested in signing the England full-back. Trippier enjoyed a fine season last term which ended with him being part of Gareth Southgate’s squad which finished fourth at the World Cup in Russia. He was one of the stand-out players for England at the tournament and scored a sweetly struck free-kick in the 2-1 defeat to Croatia in the semi-finals.

Despite the former Emirates Marketing Project academy player signing a five-year in 2017, his World Cup performances have put Europe’s top clubs on alert in a bid to sign Trippier, 27. PSG and Juventus are admirers of Trippier but Manchester United are also among the possible suitors, according to the Daily Mail. Tottenham have yet to dip their feet into the transfer market, with the only business Mauricio Pochettino has done this summer being the departure of Keanan Bennetts to Borussia Monchengladbach and Anton Walkes to Portsmouth. The speculation will enhance Trippier’s chances of renegotiating his contract, while the backup options available to Pochettino – Ivory Coast international Serge Aurier and talented youngster Kyle Walker-Peters – are unlikely to fill the void at right back should Trippier depart.

It would be the second high-profile full-back exit in as many years following on from Kyle Walker’s transfer from Spurs to Emirates Marketing Project at the start of the 2017 season. United’s Antonio Valencia, 33, signed a two-year extension last year, keeping the Ecuadorian international at Old Trafford until the end of this season and with Matteo Darmian and Marcos Rojo expected to depart, it would open up funds for a bid for Trippier more likely next summer. Real Madrid, Juventus and PSG are all said to be interested, but with Madrid having signed Alvaro Odriozola from Real Sociedad and Juventus having spent big on Portuguese right back Joao Cancelo, the biggest threat of the three that Spurs face in trying to keep Trippier in London are PSG.

They are expected to be without Dani Alves for at least another few months, following his anterior cruciate ligament injury in May. With Colin Dagba, 19, having switched between right back and right-wing back throughout pre-season and their French Super Cup win over Monaco, Trippier would provide much-needed experience in that department. If they are to be successful in their bid to finally bring the Champions League title back to Paris, Trippier could not only fill in for the Brazilian fullback who is entering the final year of his contract at 35, but also be the long-term successor to Alves.

Read more: https://metro.co.uk/2018/08/07/manc...nio-valencia-replacement-7809498/?ito=cbshare

I reckon we'll get Grealish in, and no other ins or outs for us. Maybe some more outs before the European window shuts, but not before the English one does. I'd be surprised if we got more than one player in at this late stage.

Did I hear somewhere that players can still be loaned out after the window as long as a permanent purchase is agreed which goes through on Jan 1?

NDombele playing for Lyon tonight against Chelski. He will probably have a stormer and Chelski will sign him up after the game

I reckon we'll get Grealish in, and no other ins or outs for us. Maybe some more outs before the European window shuts, but not before the English one does. I'd be surprised if we got more than one player in at this late stage.

That'll be a poor window in that case - just some squad tinkering. It doesn't make it too much to make it a good window, really just one signing who is expected to make something of an impact

That'll be a really rubbish window in that case

Yeah, I agree, but not very concerned about it, and don't want to go all melodramatic if that's the case. It's a bit odd that we haven't strengthened at all yet though.

That'll be a poor window in that case - just some squad tinkering. It doesn't make it too much to make it a good window, really just one signing who is expected to make something of an impact

I don't know. Holding onto our best players makes for a good summer. My preference would have been to move on a few older players and buy young players who will be the basis of our next team but would be happy to get another year out of Dembele and Toby.

Did I hear somewhere that players can still be loaned out after the window as long as a permanent purchase is agreed which goes through on Jan 1?
We can loan players out in the same way we can sell players..

A Premier League statement said: “This new agreement applies only to the acquisition of players. Clubs will still have the ability to sell or loan players to other leagues whose transfer windows are open, as they can now to leagues that have different transfer window dates.”

I don't know. Holding onto our best players makes for a good summer. My preference would have been to move on a few older players and buy young players who will be the basis of our next team but would be happy to get another year out of Dembele and Toby.

As posted elsewhere, for me the big risk in lack of activity in this window is the message is sends to Eriken/Dele etc. I don't think we necessarily need a large number of additions, and with no real first team changes then we should challenge for 4th as it is (probably not above that though). But if the message it sends to Eriksen, Dele etc is that we're happy with where we are but not willing to try to improve (whether true or not), then we risk losing a big name or two next summer and having to replace them

We can loan players out in the same way we can sell players..

A Premier League statement said: “This new agreement applies only to the acquisition of players. Clubs will still have the ability to sell or loan players to other leagues whose transfer windows are open, as they can now to leagues that have different transfer window dates.”

I think the key piece of the statement is 'players TO other leagues'. Can't bring players in

Back