• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

tenor.gif

Lots of “eyeing up” and “weighing up” being “understood” today.

Can he fudge off now please?!!!

Haha, yeah. He's just gathering news reports though, the journalists are the ones writing this stuff. :p

ali z on toby: Certainly something going on, they are trying to force Martial as part of deal but we can't do it as Poch has other priorities in non hg incomings.

ali z on turning down martial?: no we aren't turning him down but have no space for non hg as it is Jansen, gnk and 1 other won't be registered, can't create a situation where we have 3/4 players getting paid who can't kick a ball.

-----

In other words - Martial signing imminent! :D

Why do you keep going on about Jorginho as though it was ever a possibilty? He was never on the cards and it's delusional to suggest otherwise afaic

When you say it was never a possibility, are you referring to the fact we were not linked with him and by all accounts we were not after him?

Surely you're not trying to say that he wasn't an attainable player for us?

Because that's what I'm getting at, this was a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who was very attainable for us but imo quite incredibly we didn't go after him - see my previous posts for several well reasoned points why he was easily attainable for us.

In a market where it is apparent that it is extremely difficult to get value for money for top class central midfielders, there's no denying ars and chels have done fantastically well.

ali z on toby: Certainly something going on, they are trying to force Martial as part of deal but we can't do it as Poch has other priorities in non hg incomings.

ali z on turning down martial?: no we aren't turning him down but have no space for non hg as it is Jansen, gnk and 1 other won't be registered, can't create a situation where we have 3/4 players getting paid who can't kick a ball.

-----

In other words - Martial signing imminent! :D
Was just reading the reaction to this over on SC!.... hilarious - there are pages of it.
How can they not see this is an absolute load of non sensical gibberish, served up by a possibly drunk, joker!!!

The big clue for the more initiated is:....

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! :-D

When you say it was never a possibility, are you referring to the fact we were not linked with him and by all accounts we were not after him?

Surely you're not trying to say that he wasn't an attainable player for us?

Because that's what I'm getting at, this was a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who was very attainable for us but imo quite incredibly we didn't go after him - see my previous posts for several well reasoned points why he was easily attainable for us.

In a market where it is apparent that it is extremely difficult to get value for money for top class central midfielders, there's no denying ars and chels have done fantastically well.

City were the ones that were after him initially and were close enough that Guadiola is on record saying he thought the deal was done, Chelsea stole the deal from under their noses by the sounds of things and one would have to assume the fact that they had just appointed his manager of the past few years was the main reason for being able to do that.

it was a deal that was never open to us and he was never a player that was attainable because he was a target of the richest clubs in the game - if you think we can toe to toe on transfers with the likes of City then you are severely misguided

Was just reading the reaction to this over on SC!.... hilarious - there are pages of it.
How can they not see this is an absolute load of non sensical gibberish, served up by a possibly drunk, joker!!!

The big clue for the more initiated is:....

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! :-D

Its cultish, really quite bizarre - and they even pay for the privilege!

Who in their right mind thinks Poch would turn martial down on non home grown terms?

Of course he wouldnt! He would sign him, and sell someone else or just not name them in the squad! It wouldnt be a deal breaker.

City were the ones that were after him initially and were close enough that Guadiola is on record saying he thought the deal was done, Chelsea stole the deal from under their noses by the sounds of things and one would have to assume the fact that they had just appointed his manager of the past few years was the main reason for being able to do that.

it was a deal that was never open to us

Another great example of our place in the scheme of things.

it was a deal that was never open to us and he was never a player that was attainable because he was a target of the richest clubs in the game - if you think we can toe to toe on transfers with the likes of City then you are severely misguided

See this is why I referenced my previous posts on this because it contains several well reasoned points which counters everything you have said.

Have a read, oh fudge it I'll repost the main points. Christ the things I do...

- main reason for rejecting City was because him and his woman wanted to live in London. So city and whoever else, even the likes of Barca and Madrid if they wanted him, would have been off the table and we would not have had to be competing with them. A unique situation indeed, that we could have taken advantage of.
- it was not due to working with sarri again, it's a nice bonus that he turned up at chelsea but it was not the driving force behind him going their.
- transfer fee £57m
- wages £102k pw, which is less than what city were offering him
- we have CL, chelsea have EL
- we have an infinitely better stadium

Obviously some of the above is based on what the mass media are reporting to be the case, I am not an itk!

So very attainable my friend, but we didn't want him... I just want to know why damn it!

And now judging by our realistically attainable targets, we also missed the boat on the goon Uruguay guy!

Great stuff, great stuff!

Could have had the pair for £80m! A new Wanyama and a new dembele for £80m!

Back