• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

See this is why I referenced my previous posts on this because it contains several well reasoned points which counters everything you have said.

Have a read, oh fudge it I'll repost the main points. Christ the things I do...

- main reason for rejecting City was because him and his woman wanted to live in London. So city and whoever else, even the likes of Barca and Madrid if they wanted him, would have been off the table and we would not have had to be competing with them. A unique situation indeed, that we could have taken advantage of.
- it was not due to working with sarri again, it's a nice bonus that he turned up at chelsea but it was not the driving force behind him going their.
- transfer fee £57m
- wages £102k pw, which is less than what city were offering him
- we have CL, chelsea have EL
- we have an infinitely better stadium

Obviously some of the above is based on what the mass media are reporting to be the case, I am not an itk!

So very attainable my friend, but we didn't want him... I just want to know why damn it!

And now judging by our realistically attainable targets, we also missed the boat on the goon Uruguay guy!

Great stuff, great stuff!

Could have had the pair for £80m! A new Wanyama and a new dembele for £80m!

If they were set on London above all else why were they discussing anything with City at all (let alone so close to signing Guadiola thought the deal was done?) Don't be so naive mate, both on that and our relative draw when compared to Chelsea - you don't wipe out a decade or so of league and european title wins because you're in the EL for a season - we're making good strides but aren't an elite club by a long distance

If they were set on London above all else why were they discussing anything with City at all (let alone so close to signing Guadiola thought the deal was done?) Don't be so naive mate, both on that and our relative draw when compared to Chelsea - you don't wipe out a decade or so of league and european title wins because you're in the EL for a season - we're making good strides but aren't an elite club by a long distance

Point 1 - because at that point no London club were in for him.

Point 2 - an interesting direction you're taking there, talking about title wins and the like, probably a factor I'll give you that but I'd maintain one club being in the CL and on a clear upward curve compared to the other trumps that.

Guess we'll just have to disagree then, I believe he was attainable and think the question should be why the scouting team, Poch and whoever hadn't identified this guy. Whereas you think it's folly we could compete with the mighty chelsea. Fair enough.

Cool.

Point 1 - because at that point no London club were in for him.

Point 2 - an interesting direction you're taking there, talking about title wins and the like, probably a factor I'll give you that but I'd maintain one club being in the CL and on a clear upward curve compared to the other trumps that.

Guess we'll just have to disagree then, I believe he was attainable and think the question should be why the scouting team, Poch and whoever hadn't identified this guy. Whereas you think it's folly we could compete with the mighty chelsea. Fair enough.

Cool.

Im sure we would have been aware of him as a player but when the likes of City are moving on him there's little point following up on that - Chelsea had an in via the manager who would have had the players ear, you think we could have tempted him to London over City or Chelsea, im happy that my position is closer to the reality of the situation than yours is so you crack on

Im sure we would have been aware of him as a player but when the likes of City are moving on him there's little point following up on that - Chelsea had an in via the manager who would have had the players ear, you think we could have tempted him to London over City or Chelsea, im happy that my position is closer to the reality of the situation than yours is so you crack on

Point 1 - when we had our opportunity to go for him City were no longer in the equation.

Point 2 - as already stated it has been widely reported the 'in' was not the manager but London Town. I thought I said that... maybe I didn't

How long do you want to do this, I mean there's at least a few other things I'd rather do lol

In this instance it's a moot point but aren't we led to believe Sanchez turned down Barca (and chelsea btw people, yeah that's the ''mega'' rich clams that apparently we can't compete with) for us, it does happen Nayim.

Sanchez is a youth player, who felt a club that has a record of giving youth a fair chance was the wiser move.

Not the same thing.

Especially as you are claiming Jorginho (a 26 year old, experienced player moving to a club of his choosing while being at the top of his game) apparently exclusively wants to live in London and so would have chosen us over to great cities (and the two biggest teams out there).

Its not comparable.

Sanchez is a youth player, who felt a club that has a record of giving youth a fair chance was the wiser move.

Not the same thing.

Especially as you are claiming Jorginho (a 26 year old, experienced player moving to a club of his choosing while being at the top of his game) apparently exclusively wants to live in London and so would have chosen us over to great cities (and the two biggest teams out there).

Its not comparable.

Fair point, although if I rack my drunken head long enough I'm sure I could find an example but granted it would be very rare.

This would likely have been one of those rare occasions if reports are to be believed, but hey as I said it's a moot point so not really relevant to the Jorginho discussion.

Was just reading the reaction to this over on SC!.... hilarious - there are pages of it.
How can they not see this is an absolute load of non sensical gibberish, served up by a possibly drunk, joker!!!

The big clue for the more initiated is:....

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! :-D
Whenever I see something from this Ali Z, I think of this guy. Same level of credibility, I believe.
1497347335-ali-g.jpg

If this is true, then yes we have and it's a sad day for the club.

The realisation (again if true) that the targets are category ones and possible bargains!

Will we not only regret not going for Jorginho but also the Uruguayan the goons signed....

Is Jorginho your love child or something?

Mind you, if we had signed him, at least GG could look forward to a (how can I say this politely?) “competition” between you lauding Jorginho at every opportunity and @Spurs7891 singing Lamela’s praises at every opportunity.
Let’s be thankful for small mercies.

Can this clam not just log off Twitter for half an hour, safe in the knowledge that everyone else is capable of using it also, without him needing to retweet the entire bloody contents of the feed.
....but with the word “understands” added at the start.

Point 1 - when we had our opportunity to go for him City were no longer in the equation.

Point 2 - as already stated it has been widely reported the 'in' was not the manager but London Town. I thought I said that... maybe I didn't

How long do you want to do this, I mean there's at least a few other things I'd rather do lol

Point 3) Poch wasn’t interested/didn’t see him as the right fit?

Back