• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

Point 1 - when we had our opportunity to go for him City were no longer in the equation.

Point 2 - as already stated it has been widely reported the 'in' was not the manager but London Town. I thought I said that... maybe I didn't

How long do you want to do this, I mean there's at least a few other things I'd rather do lol

I thought it was quite clear in my previous post that i was leaving you to it tbh

RONDON ON TYNESIDE

Salomon Rondon is on Tyneside to complete his move toNewcastle, Sky Sports News understands.

He was due to take his medical today. Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Brom have agreed a season-long swap for the Venezuelan and Dwight Gayle, with Saudi Sportswashing Machine paying a fee of around £2m.

Gayle is in the Midlands finalising his part of the deal.

Good business for WBA - Gayle is a very good Championship striker but he just doesnt have what it takes in the Premiership. They get the best end of this deal in having him help them go for promotion while not having to deal with him next summer.

I simply cannot see Martial being here. It makes no sense. We are trying to get our squad quota/numbers right, so how does that work for us? Haha would be the one if any, and again, I cannot see that happening. Cook? That makes sense. Grealish? That makes sense too. But for months and months Martial's been linked with us despite no real thread, and Alderweireld has been trying to "do a Danny" and engineer his "dream move" to Man Utd. Zaha remains the intriguing option to me - British, manager has been said to like him a few times, coachable to another level and Prem-ready. Is he worth 70 mill? No. Is he worth 70 mill to us, given the parameters of our window and potential needs? possibly. It would be a window gone mad, but I can see it happening. I can see two of these three by Thursday (all guesswork of course - part of the fun)...

Whats stopping us offloading a few of the non-HG players?

Its really not a good reason for us to not go for Martial, we can make room.

We have a long standing interest, he fits the shape of the team and our general transfer operations. Including the "seems surplus to requirement at a big club" vibes that we pounce on when given the chance.

Of all the links this window, I see this as a very credible one.

So what's it gonna be? Super crazy mega busy last few days or a thundering anti climax with no action at all?

Either way, I'm now way beyond the point where I just long for the bloody transfer window to shut.

I think itll be busy.

Its starting to look like Alderweireld might actually go, which will of course prompt the need to replace him.

Sissoko, Dembele, Rose all linked with moves, some more substantive than others. All moves that would again prompt us to replace them.

Then there is the idea we might strengthen our forward areas, strong links to both Martial and Zaha, so it seems there could be something there.

I suspect a GB like theory on one move setting a chain of moves off.

I think itll be busy.

Its starting to look like Alderweireld might actually go, which will of course prompt the need to replace him.

Sissoko, Dembele, Rose all linked with moves, some more substantive than others. All moves that would again prompt us to replace them.

Then there is the idea we might strengthen our forward areas, strong links to both Martial and Zaha, so it seems there could be something there.

I suspect a GB like theory on one move setting a chain of moves off.

Sounds reasonable. I'm certain Toby will go, and it also seems from all the noise that we are indeed pursuing Martial seriously. So I can see a double deal there.

We would also need to replace Toby. Add to that, possibly a surprise signing, a name that comes out of the blue.

In other words I opt for the 'busy' answer too.

Was just reading the reaction to this over on SC!.... hilarious - there are pages of it.
How can they not see this is an absolute load of non sensical gibberish, served up by a possibly drunk, joker!!!

The big clue for the more initiated is:....

IT MAKES NO SENSE!!! :-D

Not a school day for most of them? ( it is Sunday)

Back