• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I think we have a Sandro situation on our hands with Big Vic, his injuries will ruin him going forward, shame really

I agree that it could be that. We're being linked with a lot of DMs, and the Labotka chap below is yet another isnt he?

Interesting. Didn't think he set the world alight in the World Cup, though they seemed to pick him ahead of Kovacic...but perhaps just to get a better balance in midfield. Assuming we did go for him, I assume Wanyama might be off given Brozovic is quite defensive

Inter wanted Dembele as well, can’t say I know enough to say he was to replace him?

Inter wanted Dembele as well, can’t say I know enough to say he was to replace him?

We were linked to some attacking CMs like Andre Gomes and Joao Mario though, whilst I rate Gomes, I know there are mixed views on them.

With 5 days to go, its looking increasingly like Dembele and Alderweireld might still be here for the season. We can of course still sell players til end of August, but can't see that we would sell either unless we get someone in before Thurs

We haven't got a penny and Bournemouth are spending £25m ridiculous

Could be the replacement for Cook, who would then join us.

I agree with the sentiment re frustration. Personally I believe we DO have the money and leaving it late is our strategy, even though its hugely risky. We've left it late in many other windows so it just feels that our plan is that we're happy to leave things to the last week, unless someone agrees to our terms early (ie we won't chase things aggressively early in the window). I'm not convinced its the right strategy given the massive risk involved, but Levy is the man at the top!

No we won’t

Tend to agree.

It is the lack of a plan that concerns me. If the plan is to leave it to the last minute it is the complete opposite of what our coach asked for, and seeing as most players say it takes a poch pre season to get up to speed with his methods if we do sign anyone they are starting with one hand tied behind their back.

Is why I actually hope we dont sign anyone, but think that will result in Poch out the door.

Djxch5MWwAAANmU.jpg

I dont think the plan is to not sign anyone or leave it until the last minute.
It's not like popping down the shops for a pack of jammy dodgers you know, you can't just rock up to a club and say "him there, that's the one want, load him in the back of the van Rodders and I'll settle with the readies."
If the other club doesn't want to deal then it's not going to be easy.

It's like when Tesco sell their pecan pies at 1am for 50p rather than full price ... it's a fair price that everyone has a free run at.

But if they taste a little stale you can't complain. Levy has always done it this way when you should push the boat out.

I'm not knocking him but he isn't prefect either. Best chairman in the league still

Last edited:
I dont think the plan is to not sign anyone or leave it until the last minute.
It's not like popping down the shops for a pack of jammy dodgers you know, you can't just rock up to a club and say "him there, that's the one want, load him in the back of the van Rodders and I'll settle with the readies."
If the other club doesn't want to deal then it's not going to be easy.

Shut up you plonker

Feel the need to say that was an only fools joke just in case you thought I was having a pop.

Last edited:
It's like when Tesco sell their pecan pies at 1am for 50p rather than full price ... it's a fair price that everyone has a free run at.

But if they taste a little stale toy can't complain. Levy has always done it this way when you should push the boat out.

I'm not knocking him but he isn't prefect either. Beat chairman in the league still

Wooo there Tesco sell pecan pies for 50p at 1 in the morning!!!! The is a whole subculture I am missing out on.

Back